Archived In-game Alerting Of Raid's

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qeusk

Ovbir
Reaction score
I'm really not sure if this is possible however, I was wondering; with the new factions V2 Coming out soon (I hope), there could be an in-game alert message that would pop up in faction/ally chat, when an enemy enters your territory. I think this would be beneficial because it will stop raids where people are unprepared and are too easy to kill.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Now how will I be able to sneak up, do rooftop parkour and assassinate Argonians without them noticing I'm there?

Hmm..that'd be too simple. Nope.

Besides, Factions v2 will have to wait for a good while until development starts.

Maybe if they steped on a trap or pressure plate then an alert could be sent ? In faction chat like 'warning incoming enemy attack'

Or....you could simply connect a pressure plate to a jukebox or a noteblock system.

These suggestion definitely needs some kind of reasoning that makes this realistic in some way.

These suggestion definitely needs some kind of reasoning that makes this realistic in some way.
Well in medievil movies you don't see army's coming to invade another city without the defenders knowing about it; so in a sense it does make it more realistic.

Odd suggestion. Would ruin the whole "shock and awe" fun of random attacks

I reckon, maybe if there are 20 diamond armour people in your territory, then this might be fair, otherwise, no.

If there are >5 enemies in your land it could give a warning on faction chat. I may be wrong but most sneak attacks dont have more than 5 people in them.

Just set traps where they are likely to walk.

If anything it will thin their numbers before they get there.

Maybe it is just me, but I really dont like this idea only because i think it is up to the players to defend their land. If you want to know if attackers are coming, hire some guards. or use the dynmap. or use spies.

-Steps into faction land-
GET DOWN HE HAS A GUN!
-Steps out of faction land-
It's okay he's gone!
GET DOWN HE HAS A GUN!
(Repeat)
See the spam?

Also, since when did they, in Medieval times, have an ALARM which tells them they have an intruder? In no way is this RP.

Nuuuuu. :(

GET DOWN HE HAS A GUN!
-Steps out of faction land-
It's okay he's gone!
GET DOWN HE HAS A GUN!
(Repeat)
See the spam?

Also, since when did they, in Medieval times, have an ALARM which tells them they have an intruder? In no way is this RP.

Nuuuuu. :(
haha ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.