In Defense Of Law And Order

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Timisc, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    To the Citizens and peerage of the great Holy City of Regalia and more importantly to the members of the Trouve.

This is an amendment to the previous “declaration” from House Ombre and perhaps also an advisory to pay closer attention during noble assemblies. Ser Come Ombre seemingly doubts the judgment of not only the Grand Commissioner Kade but also the guard charters protecting this city from harm. I am bemused by the implication and further confused by the content of this so-called declaration.

Unfortunately, it seems the specifics of the law escaped Ser Ombre so I will address them here and now.
    • The law states as follows; “Any individual found to be under the effects of a hostile Dragon Song is not to be arrested. This includes those who serve in a Guild or Organization. Those who fail to do their part to maintain relative peace and security as part of a guild, Law Enforcement or otherwise, or cause undue harm to the Empire will be beaten, stripped of all possessions, and left to live without any serious injury. Those in Law Enforcement may be banished if they prove unreasonable.”
    • Now, what this means is citizens, innocent citizens, of our holy city which have fallen to this evil beast’s magic should not be punished for falling in the wrong place at the wrong time. It further details how if one said possessed is to commit a crime then they are to be arrested and beaten, thus punishment for their crimes.
    So I ask the Ser Ombre; are you in favor of beating innocent people? Leaving them in cells for days, weeks, months, for something they had no control over? The Grand Commissioner and guard charters have shown mercy, but act when absolutely necessary to assure this city remains in peace.

On the matter of Lord Commander Du Pont’s kidnapping, the remaining guard charters will soon meet and be sure to rescue the most honorable ser as quickly and efficiently as we can.

[​IMG]
    Baron of Auletta
    Lord Commander of the Safeguard Rangers​
    [​IMG]
    @LumosJared @Posidem

• Winner Winner x 12
  2. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

Juliette nodded at the declaration and folded her arms with a whisper of, "Merci, mon cousin." She then twisted and paced away from the board, paying the Ombre's own letter with a hostile glance.

3. Jonificus

Jonificus Pizza the Hutt

"T' hell with that! We ride tonight, brothers!" Hengest shouts out to the League lords, preparing a daring crusade in the middle of the city to retrieve his ally and friend.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. FeralGayWalnut

FeralGayWalnut Lesbian Worst Enemy

Darcie’s fingers tapped gently upon the book she held to her chest. Her lips pursed slightly as she turned her head once to the right and then to the left as she listened to the chatter of the citizens. A smile spread across her features as she turned upon her heel and marched off, the sound of her boots clicking over the cobblestone followed her. “Let’s hope we can find Ser du Pont soon. An excellent ally on Mount Saint Helena that I don’t wish to lose.”

5. Posidem

Posidem Archmage of Avgard

A simple notice would be attached to the most prominent of locations that the Wodenstaff announcement had been tacked up.

The Monsieur Wodenstaff seems to be mistaken, or purposefully ignoring my own words. As I stated earlier, only those possessed who openly attack our citizens, worship the Dragon Witch, and make use of illegal weapons and armor should be detained; because despite whatever beating they may receive they seem surely able to heal and continue their reign of terror the very next day. By arresting these dangerous individuals we weaken the Dragon scum and take away their most valuable resource: manpower.

I do hope this a sufficient answer to the question that you conjured by twisting my words to fit your petty and pitiful attempt at staining my name. A shame, as one would think the Wodenstaff who horde their troops - thirty thousand men - in their lands while other houses fight the war in the west and now the chaos in the streets would know the worth of manpower, and what it can mean when it is withheld, akin to their with own holding of manpower from the state.

Again, the Dragon Law must be amended so not only the Dragon Witch will be weakened, but her Arken "generals" as well; for what is a General without an army? As we have seen of the Wodenstaff military pride and service; nothing.

May the Spirit guide us all in these times of crisis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ser Knight of the Oakenshield
    Knight of Mariposa

@Timisc

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. GRIST_

GRIST_ The Antagonist Premium

Avynn read over both notices. She reached out and went to pluck the simple notice left by the Ombre off the board. She looked around and went to slip it into her coat pocket. With a doot a doot she put a hop in her step and turned around to wander away. As she went she past some who might have been reading it as she did so take it. Her words were simple.
    "Again Ombre thinks the world revolves around them. At least he didn't have nails hammered into him." she muttered bitterly. "The safeguards have done more than most of the city guard and the Vigilants combined. Basing your only point to slander "military" and pride. Which there could be many things, the wodenstaff's plan, not just do. Clearly, that is a task you lack in. Planning ahead."

@Posidem

• Like Like x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  7. SpunSugar

SpunSugar Audacity Vendor

In address to that most scurrilous gentleman, Come Ombre,

I shall write plainly – without obfuscation or premise to anything else other than setting you to rights.

You have demonstrated, time and again, your only concerns are those of inward selfish behavior, worry about your own hide, and furthering your own goals, ahead of the state needs. You continually derail the assembly’s debates at every turn, and seize upon chaos and confusion in an attempt to further yourself in a time of crisis. You act rashly, without thought or follow through. In summary, in a nod to brevity, you twist words and actions and yet produce nothing.

And as for an address to where our troops are – perhaps the Ombre lands have been untouched yet by this war. I am quite happy that you have not yet had to experience the terror of knowing the enemy has arrived. Of writing letters to countless widows. Of the news that another beloved brother has lost his life in defense of this great Empire. The shores of Girobalda, which have been so recently beset upon by the elves, are still bracing yet for a possible return attack. Or shall we leave the archipelago without defenses, so that you may prove a point so petty? Would you have me move my troops and leave the lands open to attack? Or are the fifty thousand of my men who are already in the field of war so disrespected and spat upon by yourself? While, perhaps, you remain unconcerned about the attack by our enemies on our own soil, I look to responsibilities beyond those which will win me the public acclaim you so desperately wish for.

For only a coward could malign our military, malign our guard, and wound the very loyal hearts that yearn to free our city of these monsters that crawl down its streets. Whether Ombre be a follower of that most evil witch that terrorizes our skies, or just another dissenter who seeks to disrupt our way of life is immaterial.

I request that you, Ombre, with humility and grace, think upon what words you cast to the air. For winds change. Conduct yourself with the wisdom, and earnest work necessary by all of us in these trying times.

On a personal note – I wish to extend my most sincere thanks to those who work daily to maintain the workings and morale of the city. The guards, the everyday citizens who yearn to see our enemies defeated, and support our blessed Emperor with such fervor. My thoughts and prayers remain with all of you. And I shall continue to work with you to defeat our foes. I remain,

Yours in Faith,

Sigurna Wodenstaff

Archduchess of Naserna
    Consul
    Chapterhead of the Regalian Safeguards

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Posidem

Posidem Archmage of Avgard

A simple note would be found:

To those who claim me selfish or seeking glory and fame, what do I gain from any of this? Not once in paper and quill or before the Assembly have I ever sought reward or recognition. Not once have I mentioned my own name in such a way to try and garner praise. Not once have I even proposed anything that would “further my own goals” - of which I am curious as to what one thinks my goals are. And so I ask, how have I ever furthered myself - or try to - since stepping foot in this city of snakes and rats? Save, of course, my pitiful and admittedly misguided attempt at a candidate for Consul.

As for public acclaim, I only wish there existed a way to iterate the amusement you have produced from me. I make my stances and statements regardless of the perception the public may take of me, for it is a rare thing in a city of petty politicians who unite for not the good of the people - but as you said, Madame Wodenstaff, the worth of their name. In fact, as you or countless others can testify to, the peerage mocks my every moment and word. I seek naut your nor any other’s praise but simply to inform the citizens of the treachery and discord plaguing this city.

And as humble as one can be through paper and ink, I offer my sincerest condolences to those who have lost their lives fighting in your lands. For just as you must write to widows, find homes for the orphans, and explain to cousins and uncles why their family won’t be returning home; every other Lord and Lady of the peerage must as well. Your people - the people of Regalia - are strong, resolute, and brave; I do hope you nor any others attempt to twist my words any further than what they are quite plainly stated here.

Before one would dare place such lies in my mouth and before the people, do the proper research and see if they will hold true. I work tirelessly to fight the menace in this city as, again, the legl enforcers try to do so as well. How could one try to claim my disrespect or disdain for these brave valiant souls when I actively seek to empower them? Your misguided or misinformed words are belittling of a woman of your position, Madame Wodenstaff. You claim to write plainly yet your own words are littered with accusations and insults abound with nothing but rumors and gossip to support them.

And so I state, as plain and simple as one can be:

The entire point of my original announcement was and is to give the appropriate charters the rights and ability to detain these Dragon Knights who actively harm our city and her loyal citizens. Nothing more, nothing less. How it derailed - quite obviously by the Monsier Wodenstaff’s uncouth insults and petty political tact - is beyond my measure and scope as a politician. Your attention now on such things, finally, I hope you act accordingly. A member of our peerage, the hero who saved our holy Princes, our newly made Lord Commander has been kidnapped by these fiends. It is time to take action, Consul, and to stop derailing the conversation from the true issues at hand.

[​IMG]

As awestruck and ever grateful to work with such a graceful woman,

[​IMG]
    Ser Knight of the Oakenshield

Knight of Mariposa
    @SpunSugar

9. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

A simply note, truly simple and not long as five paragraphs, was stuck below the newest statement of Ombré:

You seem to forget that the Kade's laws state plainly that they can be detained if they cause issue. Your argument that Dragon worshippers are immune to arrest is invalid.

Best wishes,
    Juliette Eleanor Wodenstaff née Vauclain
    @Posidem