Implementation Of Dwarf Lady Beards

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by Miss_Confined, May 3, 2018.

?

Do you support this idea?

1. Yes! I think it's a fun idea!

97.8%
  2. No, I do not support this. (Please tell me why!)

2.2%
  1. Miss_Confined

Miss_Confined ❤ Confy ❤ - Mrs. Massivecraft

Hello! Today I am proposing a purely aesthetic change to dwarves, specifically dwarven women.

What I am specifically proposing is that female Humorrin dwarves have the option of growing a beard. I will back up the reasonings as to why this implementation would make sense, as well as justify why I think these changes are meaningful.

Lore-Related Reasonings for Implementation
    • Humorrin dwarves are generally from the colder region of Northern Ellador in Dwarven holds that are usually within some sort of mountain or guarded fortress. Due to the cold weather, dwarves would have adapted to have a hairier physique to keep warm, which continued to then pass on and slowly lessen for women as the dwarves adapted from their beginning state.
    • They do not have as much contact with the outside world aside from other dwarves, so the ‘beauty standards’ of dwarves would differ and Humorrin Dwarven women could culturally take pride in their beards as a sign of individuality and pride in their clans.

• Since the Aldor subrace of dwarves are more human-like in nature, and less broad and burly as their Humorrin counterparts, they would not have facial hair.

Why Should We Have This Change?
    • It’s a rather harmless, purely aesthetic change that has desire from the very small female dwarf population. It’s an entirely optional change given that if a player does not want their lady dwarf to have a beard, they can just have them shave it off.
    • It’s a differentiating factor to dwarf women and something that helps dwarf ladies appear more unique and fun to play, as opposed to already looking like a stout, pudgier & more muscular version of an Ailor woman.
      • This would be another small change to offer diversity between dwarf subraces, and create new design opportunities for those interested in playing dwarves.
      • It also offers a lot of opportunities for cultural and familial designs in hairstyles and facial hair styling, along with their tattoos as dwarves are from different holds.
    • It is something that me and @Lady_Ortonnaise have wanted for a while and have spoken about before. It is something that the very small, active dwarf lady community has wanted, and something I have definitely wanted for months.
    • It’s genuinely just something I think could really be a fun addition to dwarves, and it’s something that I feel gives a new opportunity to dwarf players to experiment and have fun.

My Concept for Dwarf Lady Beards
    I have designed a few ideas on what I think dwarf lady beards should be like and the reasoning behind it.

I think that dwarf lady beards should be smaller than male dwarves’ beards.
    • The reasoning for this is based on a sort of ‘fashion’ and cultural difference as male dwarves would be urged to have more voluminous, longer beards as a statement of power, masculinity and pride in their own achievements (an example being of militant pursuits and pride for battles won).
    • And the females would style their beards with more elegance, beauty, a complex intricacy, and with elaborate designs as a sign of their own power within their own right (an example being how Aldruin women were the leaders of the Hold and held the more skillful positions like engravers, carvers, and other more artisan and strategic jobs, while the men were designated to more labor and protection jobs like mining and military pursuits).
    I also think that dwarf lady beards should be softer than male dwarves’ beards.
    • The reasoning for this is based on how women tend to have different characteristics than males, and that it would be a sort of ‘feminine’ aspect added to the facial hair, which is usually described and associated solely with males.

IMG_6036.JPG

IMG_6040.JPG

Thank you so much for giving this a read!

• Winner Winner x 36
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #1 Miss_Confined, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
  2. leafnosedbat

leafnosedbat juice thought. Supremium

A dwarf without a beard is no dwarf at all!

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. essentialess

essentialess purveyor of milfs

yes please

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. FeyWitches

FeyWitches Very very frightening

My winner button broke...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. PresentMediator

PresentMediator You betcha Supremium