Imperial Decree On Aristocratic Values

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by MonMarty, Mar 29, 2021.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

The Emperor decrees an Imperial Decree with Assent from the Spirit for the Empire at large, but particularly the Imperial city, nailed to all announcement boards and sent to all major publication houses. It reads:

"It has come to our attention that a most disturbing trend of degradation of Aristocratic Values has been taking place. For some time now, the Civil Government has stood idly by as Nobles were vulgarly referred to by their last name sans honorifics, or even more terrifyingly, referred to by their first name. No doubt the inadequate culture of likeability among the peerage has played some part, some Nobles seem more concerned with the whims and wishes of the common folk as if public street-life were a competition, fraternizing with their lesser and eroding the constitutions of authority that this Empire was built upon.

From the Holy words of Theomar the First, the structure of the Empire's peerage was outlined, and while Emperors have made changes to the rankings myself included, never before has an Emperor had to sit idly by while the Government neither cared or had the means to act, in an atmosphere that we perceive, where-in some of the newer generations of Nobles no longer take their position with the greatest respect, admiration, and collectedness that these positions demand. Nobility through the lens of right instead of duty, through the lens of burden instead of privilege, through the lens of a spoiled child that has been raised to believe that all it was given was deserved, and that as it was deserved, it should be their right to suspend or take away when it conveniences them.

The Spirit and we say resolutely, nay, it is not yours to suspend for convenience.

The government may tacitly, through inaction, condone these practices, as we have received word of even Ministers acting with utter disregard for proper titleage and behavior among the Commoners. However we condemn any attempt to erode the gap between the titled Nobility and the Common Folk, even through the lens of the so called Nouveau-Riche who climb the social ladder of meritocratic opportunity in the Empire. Let us state very clearly, and with as much authority as we can muster in our position of divine judgement:

To be Noble, is a duty to the Empire that does not cease at one's front door, back room, kitchen larder, or worse, bedroom doors. To be Noble is a duty that endures even between spouse and significant other, between parent and child, lover to lover, and friend to friend.

Erosion of Noble values begins with the submission of noble protocol. After all, what could be the harm, if a friend I had some months back refers to me by my first name? What could be the harm if my friend is included in state affairs? What could be the harm if my mistress sees the General's plans? What could be the harm if we lose a Kingdom because its people no longer believe that the Empire has a strong hierarchal structure to maintain order and balance in a world constantly beset by chaos.

The sheer indignance that some Nobles act upon their lot in life also, obstinately uncooperative attitudes that reject the wealth and privilege afforded to individuals who have had nary a day in their life spent with the work of the tanner, the tenant farmer, or the coal miner, and complain about the hem of a dress that is too high, or a glove that hides too much of one's arm, or the diminished vocabulary that does not allow for the incessant usage of base and debauched words.

Life is duty. Nobility is duty. The Spirit will judge all for their transgressions in the twilight of life, even those who do not believe in His will. The least they could do, is act the part of the Noble, or perhaps sign an application to become tenant farmers if they so detest the restraint and discipline that is required to exist on the laddered hierarchy that holds up the very brickwork of this Empire. To refuse respect to the Nobility is tantamount to refuse respect to the Emperor, as the Emperor's will and mercy is passed from Crown to Nobility. To offend the Nobility is to offend the Emperor, which is Capital Crime."

Included in the Decree with Spiritual Assent is a reference that the Emperor has passed a new Crown Law that dictates the absolutely requirement for usage of title honorifics in public and semi-private life, and that failing to observe these laws will involve the Imperial Inquestors, for a violation of Capital Law that can include maiming and execution of offenders.

Failing to adhere to title honorifics has now become one of the heaviest committable crimes in the Empire.

• Powerful Powerful x 11
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. Dudonka2

Dudonka2 I'm actually very tired

• Powerful Powerful x 13
    #2 Dudonka2, Mar 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  3. Yoggery

Yoggery Quiet and Falling

"Yeah, respect nobles, they deserve it, but capital crime? That's way too overboard," said a Solstithar Kathar in her home as she read a copy of the public decree.

4. Legoclub22

Legoclub22 The Antagonist's Right-Hand

Armor clattered as faintly, yet distinctly, as the stairs at Castle Purhof were ascended by an individual in an immaculately maintained uniform, blade at his hip, and folded parchment in his hand. Two house guards stood aside from a doorway, saluting as the man passed. He moved across the room to a war table, over which a figure stood deep in thought.
    "Hail, Your Grace," the Officer spoke after standing to attention and saluting the figure at the table. "I bring news which I suspect you will be pleased to read." Handing the parchment over, he stated firmly, "May it bring due glory to yourself, Duke Keen, as well as Regalia. Long live the Emperor."

@HeyitsNano

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

Haeddi van Hal inspected the decree as it arrived, shaking out the paper bit and squinting to read. Then she allowed a sigh to escape her- one of relief, along with a, “Finally, set in proper law. I’m getting real tired of correcting people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Standing at the center of a certain war table, Alaric Keen received the parchment. Intrigued by the mention of an imperial decree, he read thoroughly, each and every detail recognized. Upon finishing it, he set it down on the table, turning to view the officer that had brought it to him. “It was only a matter of time before I expected a release like this, though the Spirit knows what timing is best. Long live the Emperor. Long live the Empire.”

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  7. Cipherition

Cipherition Welcome to White Space.

Arien stares at the decree, reading it over once, then twice. “Well. I can’t say it’s unfair. However, I’d rather lose my head than call someone a title that doesn’t deserve it.”

Isabelle folds the letter into a paper airplane of sorts, flying it around the confines of her estate. “Glad I haven’t had a problem with this. I worry for the commoners with a... lack luster education though.”

8. leichendame

leichendame Regalian Pioneer

Helena's dark blue eyes tread over the text of the decree as she brought a black gloved hand to her chin. "I suppose it's only best to maintain order." She muttered to herself, before turning to shuffle away from the notice board.

9. Kyriosus

Kyriosus yes

After a day of good deeds and kind words, Daedrin removed a copy of the decree, crumpled haphazardly from his pocket, and stretched out its corners. He crossed his legs and leaned back, reading.

" ... "

He kept reading, skimming along fancy letters and fancy words, until he finally met the fate of that last paragraph, and those few words, "maiming and execution of offenders." Nearly choking, he reeled forwards, re-reading the sentence once again.

" .. well," he started, voicing his thoughts aloud. "I guess I would like to keep my head and limbs intact."

Crumpling the paper back up and shoving it in his pocket, he stood onto his two feet and turned to the direction of the city, mumbling a few words to himself on the way.

10. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

“Most interesting, best keep this law in mind and ensure you all retain your limbs!” The Corsair Captain commanded across his ship, “We may not always be the most legal of souls but this is basic respect...though it shall be loathsome to accord it to slavers. It is Law we /must/ follow.”

11. _Sundreamer_

_Sundreamer_

On the commute from the Tuillois Estate..
    Sol Telarel had finished his morning routine and upon being delivered the latest decree of Imperial ink did he brush aside all other distractions to investigate. And so did he on his commute alongside his Palest, read through the latest issue with utmost interest.

"Ah.. There is no excuse for those that struggle, so be it shall they be punished accordingly. Good, finally some news I can smile at. Now I am curious to know which of the blue-bloods dare familiarize themselves with them, those beneath our heel. A shame that such a decree has been made, but I can only inhale with approval of it. Perhaps now some of the Nobles will not be so cowardly, hm?"

[ @Nesstro ]

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. SanguinePacman

SanguinePacman REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

The lifeless gaze comes to rest upon the proclamation they have gotten their hands on, crumbling it beneath their haunted grip. Fe'Roris, the poltergeist of plate he was, rumbled out a sound of agitation from the depths of it's vessel. "Foolish." It roils out in unearthly speech, discarding the parchment, "Even Unionists in their short sight can see there is no respect in this, no unitedness under common race while they are stepped upon, like dogs. But, such is their folly, and their folly is their own."

13. Maeovika

Maeovika Maeovika

The Highlander Duchess peered over the Decree at the Piedmont breakfast table, she released a ‘hmm’ before nodding. “I see I see, Duchess Violetta, take a gander.” The ginger passed it over to her, making sure to avoid the many delicious foods at the table....

@Audianna

14. Audianna

Audianna Barking up a tree but I'm the wrong type of bitch.

The woman snatched something off of one of her kins plates with a fork. Bringing it up to her lips she read over it. She first swallowed her food before speaking, "Ah, make sure to remember these things then, Dear Duchess."

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  15. Surrealizm

Surrealizm Refugee

Lleyv sat in his house, laying down on one of his raggedy couches as he read the notice. “This is why I don’t like nobility, onto the burn pile with this notice”

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  16. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

A being surrounded in a black cloak and a mask on read over the notice, letting out a howl of laughter the rung throughout the streets before halting. Which they yelled to those who would listen. Or perhaps even join in
    "Three words. Fuck, the, nobility!"
    They began to chant this, perhaps it was merely out of spite, or the need to be petty. But they quickly fled the scene soon after.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  17. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

Chwnt
    They began to chant this loudly**