Imperial Communication: The Evil Of Fear

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by MonMarty, Apr 25, 2017.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

Pinned to the Imperial decree board, the Imperial Grand Ekhein delivers as Imperial Communication to the people. This Communication is labeled with only one decree label: That of Holy Invest, a thesis by the Emperor on a matter which he was recently inquired to. The letter reads as followed:

"I'm writing this letter just as we the pass the third strait beyond Anwar's rock in preparation for another harassment on the Songaskia shipping on its way to Faradh. I recently received a letter from the Revain Black, with the intent to make me pliable to the idea of loosening regulations and limitations on the Commerce Reichsrat for Financial Guild members. The Revain even went so far to suggest I should establish a new office: that of a Guild Inspector to ensure Guild corruption does not entrench itself into politics.

I believe the Revain of Narlas to be a coward.

In recent Imperial Audiences, I made those present aware of my opinions on Merchant Guilds, which by extension lends itself to political unions also. I believe they are collections of cowards and frightened men and women who wish to seek false power where they have none for their own. The Great Way demands that we all strive to find the strenght and virtue to contribute to the cause of Humanum, but from my perspective, Merchant Guilds and Political Unions achieve the exact opposite. I recall back to the days when the State Council spoke itself strongly against the moral corruption and ambiguity of the Banking class. I recall strongly how members of the Merchant Guild and Political Unions alike spoke lofty words of morality and virtue.

But they are one and the same, and they are hipocricy incarnate.

It should be important to note that I do not speak of production Guilds or employment Guilds. These organizations are purer in their purpose, as they are gatherings of competent people who wish to organize their craft into more productive manners. But what have we seen of political unions and Merchant Guilds? They prop up the power of the ruling class, and they offer shelter to those who have no power of their own, to stand in the shadow of those who have their voice galvanized by numbers, yet hold only fragile competences to the same end.

To collectivize an opinion, to unify a voice, when not unified behind the virtuous purpose of Unionism, is to invite complacency and laziness. Why should the Guild member of Political rugrat bother employing their own skills? Where should they express their freedom if constrained by the leader of their union? They become victims and hostages of their own incompetence, their inability to fight for themselves has led them to charter under those who would trap them in a parasitic abuse, for they cannot leave. For if they leave, they are unable to stand on their own, but if they stay, they become all the more likely never to be able to leave.

I speak not of the utter destruction of Guilds and Political Unions. Certain qualities can attributed to them that help the poor and the finance of the state. But ultimately, those that hide in numbers and the more competent shadows of others, are cowards and weaklings who do not employ their own ability to lead, fight or strive for what they hold dear. A member of a greater union without a voice is nothing but a sheep to be trampled by their leader, and as such, as exposition of the personality cult that those organizations become."

The letter is closed with the usual honors and boring military reports on the movements of the Emperor and the Ostmark Army as well as their training sessions.

• Winner Winner x 9
  2. Tibertastic

Tibertastic Man of the People

Vulmar read the announcement giving a youthful grin, thinking of the glory and honour of when he'll finally be shipped to fight along with his Imperial Holiness. "Uncle, the Revain Black seems to have made a fatal error." he'd idly say to his Uncle Medard.

@AntonVoron

• Generous Generous x 2
  3. leafnosedbat

leafnosedbat juice thought. Supremium

Madame Fong brings up the Emperor's message over tea at the manor with her friend Aeandir.

"Poor Merchant's guild. First the fire, and now this. And we say we're cursed!"

@ShipIt

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AntonVoron

AntonVoron [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Money Man [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

Médard relaxed into his chair: taking in all the comfort it could provide, before allowing an idle chuckle to escape his lips. "Fatal indeed.." the priest would utter grimly. "You needn't hurt a man like that: he'll tie his own noose, and dig his own grave to boot." Médard would mutter to his ward, throwing another log into Castle Vladis' fireplace. "The dominos are tumbling my boy. Be sure to grab a good seat."

@Tiber_

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

Tanoro came upon the notice as he looked his mouth dropped. Only stating one thing "Dangit."

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Parz1vol

Parz1vol Chicken

The Orange Rabbit is laughing. Haha.

7. Shayin

Shayin Seen any Elves?

Selwynn approached the 'Orange Rabbit' who was laughing at the board and presumed it to be about Christopher Black. The Nelfin coldly stated: "Silence yourself. The Revain Black is just that; a Revain. He is worthy of your respect even in the midst of his own short-comings."

• Like Like x 1
    • Generous Generous x 1
  8. Valentinian

Valentinian Have a little faith.

Charles leaned backwards in his seat, raising a hand to his chin as he read over the Imperial missive. "One would assume the Jingoists learned from their time upon the State Council." With a slight gesture of the hand, a servant came over and took the paper away from him. "Where their ambition ends, only the Spirit knows."

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  9. Anseran

Anseran Ifrit Enthusiast

Whitlock Carswell skimmed over the parchment with apparent interest; just as the others did... Then he overheard Selwynn, and his young features lit up, "Oh! Revain Black is Chris... Now I get it."

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1