If The Stars Fall And The Skies Cry

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by CrimsletMonarch, Apr 25, 2021.

1. CrimsletMonarch

CrimsletMonarch Priestess?? Dawn Songstress?? Emotional Wreck??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

“Two little dragons, fly in the sky, one of the rain and one of the sky—”

—The small silk bundled child let out a cry.

“Oh Dragons.. Did I not sing that right? Do you not like the song little one?”

The baby sniffled. Novellia’s lips pouted, but soon returned to that sun-like performer’s glee. She tried to sing again amidst a bedroom sheltering the pair.

“Two little dragons fly in the sky, one of the rain and one of the sky.”

“Go away, dragon of the ra—”

—The piercing scream stopped any incoming lines. The young mother carried her child close, giving a gentle sway of her arms to lull her back into the tranquil realm of restfulness.

Once calmed once more, she gently caressed her infant daughter’s cheek.

“Cat, you do not like that song, do you? I am sorry. I should not have insisted on trying again when you seemed to be irritated.. I hope you do not hate music overall. What a tragedy that would be, but more so would it be a tragedy to have you sad.”

The Estling’s violet eyes stared out of the window at the moon— a only recently reemerging moon it was, not quite a full crescent even. Catarine was not fussy in a normal sense, but was resistant to sleep that night.

“I believe that is the one of the rare times you have cried. You are such a quiet little one.. And while that is a blessing in some ways, I hope it not to be an indication of how you will be towards your father and I.” She set her gaze on the small peach-colored baby.

“It is a wish deep in my heart and I am sure that of your father’s, that you will be able to express yourself and enjoy life. And in that.. please remember to be open with us and that we will always be here to support you and advise you as best as we can.”

“Someday.. You will have to go your own way and while that makes me sad to think about, it is what is necessary for you to find your purpose and what you may want in this world. We may be able to guide you to a direction.. but in the end, you will make the choice for yourself.” A sigh passed through her lips.

“You have just come and here I am.. thinking of the day when you will stand on your own and make your own choices. I should be happy for you. Just.. Just as my own mother was. Just as your grandmother was.”

She closed her eyes. “Your grandmother… She loved me and wanted what was best for me. I thought for so long that it had been to be like her, but I was wrong and blind. I am sure.. if she were still here, she would have loved you and her wishes for me, would be also gifted to you in turn.”

“My little Catarine, do not do as I did and live solely for your father and I— or even your siblings, aunts or uncles— Live for yourself and for those you love in tandem.”

She hugged the wrapped fragile being in her hold. “I pray to all— to Saaima and the Spirit- That you will be blessed with joys throughout life… And even if there will be hardship, that you will find strength from those you love and from within your own self to persevere through it all. That you will find your way and uphold the balance and the greater good. That you, too… will love this world and make this world a better place.”

“But.. until then, your father and I and your aunts and uncles will guide you and help you explore this world.”

“Your aunts and uncles will tell you stories and teach you their crafts and skills.”

“Your father will temper your mind and aid you to be bright-minded, curious, and always with ideas.”

“And I… I will sing to you and hold you. And remind you that you will always have a home and that this beautiful world… is worth so much.”

Her arms in a soothing and rhythmic motion rocked the child within the hold. She found a tune, making one of her own as she hummed. The little one shifted in her grasp, but settled, appearing more comfortable than before.

“When you get to better see the world around you.. There will be sad and angry places, people, happenings— Such things worry me and it worries me what will happen when you, too, see them.. But… know that that is not the complete whole. There is happiness, knowledge, love and so much else. And that is what makes this world so worth it all.”

“For now.. I shall send you off to your dreams. You will never remember this… But I know deep down, you might and you will keep my love close.”

Novellia parted her lips and sang a new song that never spread through the halls of Carouonne. Her voice was not as it was during her Palace debut, it was encompassing like an embrace and tried no sense of flair or dramatics. Purest in form and filled with her heart’s wish, her voice and will called to her daughter.

“If I could, I would be by your side- No matter where you go, I’ll be there to welcome you home.”

“Even as the tides and winds change their course as seasons do, know you'll be safe in my arms.-”

“-And all will be fine.”

“If the stars fall and the skies cry, know that you can be strong and stand tall against all odds.”

“You will find where you belong and you can make your home... wherever you go.”

As she finished the lullaby, she set her eyes on her daughter, now asleep. Her lips drew into a smile of heart melted. She whispered…

“I love you, Catarine.”

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. SleepyIsVerySlep

SleepyIsVerySlep Socialite Doctor

makin me fuckin cry

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Me to