Archived Idea - Some Sort Of Silver Reward System

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

operationguard

British Merchant
Reaction score
Faction
Farmlands
I was thinking about this the other day; I have been on massivecraft for some time now and have not really been recognised for it. I'm not trying to sound like we need anything, but I just though this would be a good idea...

Say there are different groups for time that you have been on the server...

0-1 Months
1-3 Months
3-9 Months
10-18 Months
19-30 Months
31+ Months

Each one has a different amount of silver by it, so like 0-1 would be, say for example sake, 15 copper. With this comes it great bit of the plug-in to be. Each our you are on the server, you get that amount of money. So if you were on for 10 hours straight, you would get 1.5 Silver.

If you were on for 31+ months, you would get maybe 30 copper per hour.

Please don't rage, as these are just example figures. Its the idea that you should put feedback on.

"But people will just AFK and gain loads of silvers" - No.. if the AFK plug-in or permission is turned on, it could be integrated so that if you go afk, the timer will stop. PLEASE leave your feedback below. Thanks :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Sorry didnt make it clear....

You only get the silver if your IN-GAME and not AFK for the full hour to get the money

Still, I'd say maybe change the boundaries to Hours Online or something. I meant if someone leaves for a year or something, and then returns, they would get a lot more copper overall from being online than someone who had played longer but started later.

Still, I'd say maybe change the boundaries to Hours Online or something. I meant if someone leaves for a year or something, and then returns, they would get a lot more copper overall from being online than someone who had played longer but started later.

Thank is very true... Im not sure if there is a way around that, if anyone has an idea, please share it :)

Thank is very true... Im not sure if there is a way around that, if anyone has an idea, please share it :)

Try changing to Hours Online. That way if they have played for 72 hours (3 days altogether) overall, but had been there for a year (yet away for all but those three days), they would have less income than a player who had been there for two months but amassed 245 hours of play-time.

Maybe a (small) passive reward for when you hit certain playtime hours? That would make more sense, to be honest.

Hmm I like it , altough I know it will lead to some kind of inflation. It´s main positive aspect is that this would let pure RP oriented players, aswell as new players who haven´t found something good to sell, earn something too.

I ONLY HAVE ONE HOUR ON THE INTERNET PER DAY, NOT ON YOUR LIFE MISTER!

This idea raises a question...

If this much silver is being introduced into Massive, what's being done to effectively remove that same amount of silver? If the answer is "nothing", then it'd negatively affect the economy through inflation.

I'll just use some "guestimation" figures for this...

For example, if you have an average of like... 90 players on per hour each week, and they're averaging 20c an hour, that'd be an influx of around 2,688 silver per week... ( 1 week = 7 days = 168 hours . . . 168 hours x 20c an hour = 3,360 copper per week . . . Multiply this by eighty players, and you'd get 268,800 copper, which is equivalent to 2,688 silver.)

This may not seem like a lot when distributed amongst such a large population, but it'd definitely add up over time.

I know this doesn't really suggest anything that could be done to counter the problem, but I just wanted to point out the effects that it could have.

So, when they still had the afk plugin it was very bad. The afk plugin depended on chat, not movement, so if you were walking around but not talking, you could get kicked. Aslo, when this plugin still existed I decided to write a book in game. I did not know the plugin existed and got kicked, loosing all my work. I was not afk, and if we brought the afk plugin back it could make mistakes like these. This is a good idea, but the afk plugin would need to be modified to actually determine if someone is afk.

I support this idea, but a few tweaks need to be fixed; this could give players who mainly focus on role-play some income, because they spend a lot more time role-playing then grinding for silver or selling items/foraging for items to sell.

Well, with the voting rewards, people can earn silver that way; either by just getting it or selling the items.

i've said this before, but i still hate the giant gap of class separation between the 'noobs' & the 'veterans' like goodness gracious get ur head outta ur butt pl0x

aaand I voted on the wrong thread...god damnit xD...

But in all seriousness, as long as I have been on the server and as much as I need extra silver, I completely disagree. While I would love more silver, there are already silver shops and voting items to sell, but the reality of the situation is: The oldest players don't use silver that much anymore. We have gotten into the roleplay aspect, and we really only spend money on roleplay items, such as pre-named wine/food, etc. Also, why should there be a reward for playing this long? Technically the longest players already get rewards such as expensive collectible items (Creeperween items, rare items from deleted worlds, and with the new voting aspect-more voting items then first joining players, etc) Honestly I do not see any reason why old players are more worthy/inclined to have money, and it could mess up the "economy".

Im a very old player and use silver all the time...

There are at present 2 silver reward systems, the voting rewards and the Premium perk of more money for killing mobs. Both of these are rewards for supporting the server in a specific way.

There are at present 2 silver reward systems, the voting rewards and the Premium perk of more money for killing mobs. Both of these are rewards for supporting the server in a specific way.

I totally agree... but what do you think of the idea?

I totally agree... but what do you think of the idea?
I think that if a good way could be found to measure role play involvement, then getting some money for that, like the PVPers get money for killing mobs, could be a good thing. I might also suggest it as a Premium perk to encourage/reward the role play community for getting Premium. Any ideas on how to measure role play involvement?

I think that if a good way could be found to measure role play involvement, then getting some money for that, like the PVPers get money for killing mobs, could be a good thing. I might also suggest it as a Premium perk to encourage/reward the role play community for getting Premium. Any ideas on how to measure role play involvement?

I don't think Roleplay Measurement would be possible. If it was an /rp tag, people would use it all the time, even when not RPing, abusing the system. Also, Roleplaying cannot be measured as there is no way a computer can understand when we are in-character or out.

Thumbs_Up!.gif

I, myself, think that this system is good but not needed in this form as usually veterans are McTop's and I hope everyone knows what McTop's are so lets put this beside... So what about a system which gives new players in the time of fifty days a silver achievment/reward like this: "You earned 5s for being online 4h and 43minutes in overall time!".

This looks balanced and players which joined the server and left it like after the first twenty minutes and came back after like three months cant get this reward anymore as it starts counting from the first login upon.

This is ONLY an IDEA, don't flame! -Sahr'o

jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-good-idea-db78cb.jpg

๖ۣۜNo, no, complete disagree right there. I won't support this idea if this happens.

๖ۣۜIt's another Premium perk amongst the already 22 perks they have, and plus, if we are Non-Premium, we won't be able to even get this. We'd need to get Premium in the first place, which would be of course hard to get because we RP. Of all things, Premiums would eventually be making absolutely everywhere and anywhere, but us Non-Premiums would still struggle for it. Sure, there is the option to pay real money, but sometimes we can't because our parents don't want us to spend real money on a server, or we just are 'too young' to do so, or we simply don't have a normal paying method to do so, etc.

๖ۣۜLet alone, it would encourage Non-Premiums to become more active in RP, and on the server in general! We already are quite in danger when we travel the darkrooms due to our armour being weaker than Premium, and our McMMo cool-down not being enough.

๖ۣۜNo, no, complete disagree right there. I won't support this idea if this happens.

๖ۣۜIt's another Premium perk amongst the already 22 perks they have, and plus, if we are Non-Premium, we won't be able to even get this. We'd need to get Premium in the first place, which would be of course hard to get because we RP. Of all things, Premiums would eventually be making absolutely everywhere and anywhere, but us Non-Premiums would still struggle for it. Sure, there is the option to pay real money, but sometimes we can't because our parents don't want us to spend real money on a server, or we just are 'too young' to do so.

๖ۣۜLet alone, it would encourage Non-Premiums to become more active in RP, because we already are quite in danger when we travel the darkrooms due to our armour being weaker than Premium, and our McMMo cool-down not being enough.

I toatally agree that there needs to be more for non prems. ATM you need to be premium to even win a fight, travel to people quickly and get a good location in a world as you have a full 7 days ahead of other players to roam, there should be more for non prems

Instead of giving more money to the rich and further monopolizing our unstable economy, let's give some money to the poor - the new players. Recently, after playing through my first week of GoodGame Empire, they had every day of the first week you played on a reward day - if you were able to log on that day and collect it. This way new players would be able to collect more rewards for staying on the entire week, and hopefully by then they will be fully emerged enough into the server to actually want to stay there and play there regularly.

Just my suggestion on this. Most veterans don't really need the silver anyway - they have so much, it's not even funny. Let's try to focus on the new players for a moment. :)

Another premium perk could be that on the first week that you buy premium(meaning when it is enabled), you get rewards every day that you log in. If you don't log in on a day however, you miss the rewards for that day. This will be a welcoming step and an instant benefactor to buy premium.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but the rewards should increase as you go through the week. For example, if the total value of the 1st day's rewards were 3 silver, make the next day's value 5 silver, then 8, etc.

This way they will want to stay on to earn more each day. And by the end of the week, hopefully they'll be able to find a faction, settle down with the community, and be attracted enough to the server to stay on more. And if they go inactive, then the silver will just disappear, so it will be all good on the general economy.

Then earn the Silver yourself...? as hard as it is, people still manage to earn mega butt-tons of silver. Just because you found interest in the server & kept playing doesn't give you the right to have silver given to you

Can we not turn this personal? I am not posting this for my own sake, as i am just under 2k of silver! I just thought it would be a good idea :/ I can see its not..

Rewards for just.. playing? No. You should have to work for any form of reward, and I mean ANY form. This is a game, it's a source of fun and enjoyment and something that most of us use to relax or just kill some time. This would remove a fun layer and install a sense of grinding for money; alas, it wouldn't even be your usual menial task grinding, it would be.. being online.

Status
Not open for further replies.