Hytale (new Game)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by indyfan98, Dec 20, 2018.

?

Should there be a Massivecraft server on Hytale? (Whether replacing the Minecraft or not)

1. Yes!

42.9%
  2. Maybe...

28.6%
  3. No!

28.6%
  1. indyfan98

indyfan98 I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.
    1. Nommy's Cookie Convention

The trailer you (hopefully) watched is for an upcoming game called "Hytale". Made by Hypixel Studios game company, (yes, I know what you're thinking, and yes, same people), the game is clearly inspired by games like Minecraft. The game will feature new elements as well, opening up a new world of opportunity, such as in-game building tools, world creation tools, mob designer, and more. So, what do you guys think? Does it look like something you'd play? And, to bring this to Massive somewhat, would you like to see a Massivecraft server on this game, seeing as it does support mutiplayer? Let me know your thoughts below, and have a Massive day!

• Winner Winner x 1
    #1 indyfan98, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  2. Huinkoch

Huinkoch 영어 이름을 사용해야합니다.

Honestly just looks like another roblox/mineman clone that trumpets it's love for modding, then when it releases the modding is either dead right out the gate, or the modding is so god awful and restricting to the point nobody wants to bother, or they get a figure on just how much money they can big nose out of content creators and kill their community by themselves by milking popular mods for $$$.
    Of course, doesn't mean it's not worth looking at making a team to create a version of massive on hytale, like my heroes server is planning to do, but I doubt it'll be anything ground breaking.
    I guess the melee combat doesn't look like obtuse cancer like mineman's click PVP is, and is sweep/hitbox based rather than click spam hitscan, so I guess it has that going for it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ezzen

Ezzen Wisp

The first time I heard of this game I had the same thought: "What if there was a Hytale version of this?"

While I think Hytale will develop to become a great game entirely seperate from Minecraft, I think Minecraft has a better sandbox aspect to it, while Hytale is more focused on adventure. Sure we could technically do it, but commands, skins, and other things are waay more established on this server than I think we could ever make it on Hytale.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FireFan96

FireFan96 Baron of Drachenwald
    1. House Drache

Looks good, and in an ideal world I'd like to see Massive look like it. Though this is not an ideal world, and I'm content with Mineman Java Massveman.

5. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Watcher of the Watchmen, Executor of Regalians

theres guns in it lets do it

6. Ezzen

Ezzen Wisp

I think that's just from modding.

7. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Watcher of the Watchmen, Executor of Regalians

dont matter

8. Lyee

Lyee Forums Dweller
    1. Tyberia

Of course, I know nothing about this game. However, I have a strong suspicion that Massivecraft's plug-ins are not compatible (how would they be?). That means the tech team would not only have to remake all of our plug-ins, but more than likely have to learn a new format to make them in. In addition to that, it would be yet another hard reset, which I feel no one would be exactly... excited about.
    Seeing as this is a new game, I would assume it is not only going to be glitchy for a long time after release, server's would also likely have to be small and would be laggy to start (from my experience with new game, maybe not though).
    Creating another version of Massive on there seems good at first. However, having a divided community like that would push the gap Massive already has inside it (roleplay vs factions/pvp) further.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #8 Lyee, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  9. aprader1

aprader1 Insert amazing title here

I am looking forward to this game so much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. littleshep101

littleshep101 Your Supreme Overlord

Not sure if Hytale can replace what massive is, or at least even minecraft. Though I think the game looks incredible as it is. Reminds me about cube world, which I am sad that it never got further development, or at least we haven't seen much. I still think Hytale is promising though, especially if Hypixel is making it.

11. RefusionGaming

RefusionGaming Vaporwave 苛ヨ憶
    1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

Depends, If is something like a pvp rpg /evp then i'm interested.
    I prefer games where you have to have a tactic, not rng games where rng is just there for new players.

12. WrongChat

WrongChat Do the truffle-shuffle. Staff Member Event1

Bunch of my group of friends speak highly of Hytale. I'm not the biggest fan, usually with mineman re-makes money is a big factor. Freedom will be limited based on how much you, and who knows who else is willing to spend on this game, I'll put my word on it. The beauty about Minecraft is that who doesnt own a copy of the game? We started young, and we stayed to get into roleplay. I think this should be looked into extensively before it's even considered, and if anything it should be a seperate vibe from the main MassiveCraft lore, and shouldn't be relevant to Regalia. Sure, start something new- but it will take some time for me to speak highly of Hytale.

@fuithlug

13. Ruby Petersen

Ruby Petersen

It is a very confusing question to answer.

14. The_Real_Bag_Man

The_Real_Bag_Man Now with 50% more lore compliancy!

Personally no, I don't think it would work well at all, for one, isn't Hytale a paid game? Not free, I know Minecraft is, but I just don't see people spending more money on another game, simply for the same experience, sure the game is cool, but I feel as though massive should stay on Minecraft, where its widely available and its simple to use, for all we know, the server sizes may not support the hundreds massive has daily, and not only that, think of how hard ti would be, and also, we'd have to still have Minecraft servers for those who cant get hytale, so it would put a lot of stress on staff, I don't see it working in a way that makes us all happy and continues to have a fun gameplay aspect to it

15. Q1ntum_shot

Q1ntum_shot Rubber glove brigade, coming through. Wooga wooga!

I mean it has crossbows so sign me up

16. Shibani

Shibani A totally serious person.

1.14 also has crossbows.

17. Q1ntum_shot

Yes but that will come out in 3020

18. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss
    1. -={The Great Kingdom of SunKiss}=-

it's supposed to release early 2019

19. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!
    1. The Glorious Kingdom of Celetil

AKA, right now.

20. Q1ntum_shot

You guys know I was kidding right?