Hydralana

Discussion in 'Staff Profile & AMA' started by HydraLana, Jul 4, 2016.

1. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

• In-Game Name: HydraLana
    • Public Alts: None
    • Departments: Lore.
    • Staff Since: Aspirant since June 24th (thereabouts) 2016, Lore Staff since July 3rd 2016
    Hello everyone, my name is HydraLana and this is my introduction thread! However, I am by no means new in the slightest. In fact, I have been on this server for over four years, having joined on my brother’s account for nearly 6 months before I got my own. At that time, the Golems of Fendarfell were still a race and Ceardia was a ruinous mess of different biomes next to each other. Also when I joined, my first server experience was a Baver attack that I quickly ran through, finding my way to the harbor and to the North of Ceardia. I mostly stayed there and did vanilla minecraft stuff, sticking my head out every few weeks to look at the wider server before returning to my hobbit hole dug into a hill that I had. When Ceardia was being deleted, I went to Ellador and set up a small house and lived there for a time too. That is when I actually began to start RPing.

My first character was Lanaskan Shadowaika, a Slither Naga who hated humans for destroying his home as at that time, the lore was going through it’s first iteration. I barely even remember RP back that far but as thing went on, it go more and more interesting. Lanaskan eventually became a steward to House Pavleon which was rather interesting and I joined my first official faction, N’lisse, an all Naga faction nestled in the new New Ceardia map. It was a strange time, things were still so rough and developing. Time went on and as more lore was added, slowly things died down. I made a few forays into other characters though some of those did not work out due to my childish attitude when happening them. As I barely remember Lanaskan’s original RP, maybe he was terrible too.

When the Kades became the new Imperial Family and Alexander Emperor, Lanaskan left Regalia, fearing another and more permanent extermination of his race. For awhile I retreated rather deeply into faction RP, though I still kept one or two characters visiting Regalia. I cretaed a baker, Baker John to get me IG Regals for selling food at his bakery. Later he transitioned into a chef though soon after, was shelved. Which I just began to RP as John, the Nobility system was announced and I was one of the first in line to try it out. I’d been watching and reading Game of Thrones at the time and thought that Noble RP would be fascinating. It certainly was and then my fifth character was created, Leugel Viduggla, and I was given a small land in the North of the Archipelago where for a lot of the time, I just watched the action from the sidelines. I got involved in a few things, but my family wasn’t have any other members then me on. At the same time, I started taking extended breaks from Massive to work on school things and eventually, I was removed from Nobility.

Frankly, I was surprised I had lasted that long considering my pushover attitude as old Leugel. As time continued, Lanaskan was soon my only character yet he wouldn’t return to Regalia with fear of dying due to the Kade administration. Eventually, I slowly added more characters to my rooster. There was Heng Lu, who used to be called Yeng-Li Galasta, a Ch'ien Ji Shadow Meld Shadow Mage assassin. She isn't around any more but my newer characters all still are. I've also had Farod Ulster, the half Orc-Ailor, Enok Santorski, the chatty cavalryman and the finally, Lana Asska, the male Slizzar cult leader. I now play Ardige Viduggla, son of my previous character Leugel, Enoch Marinos, an Etosian artist (Imperializaed to Endrik von Bruhl), and Henric of Heeresveen (a modified version of Lana Asska). I completed my third year of university and it's going good academically! Lots of high marks and the like, and I'm moving into my final year in the fall.

Nationality: Canadian.
    Current Point in Life: Heading to a local university for a Double Major in Medieval/Medievalism Studies and English with a Minor in History.
    Religion: Mennonite, it’s a branch of the group known as the Anabaptists under the umbrella of Christianity from a long time back who didn’t believe in original sin and so didn’t baptize their babies after they were born. Mennonites are noted as being peaceful and nonviolent. I personally just say that somewhere out there, there may be someone who did something amazing and now here we are.
    Sexuality: Gay. Pretty much came to that conclusion around the end of Grade 10 and start of Grade 11. Parents and friends know that I'm such and I don't really hide it on the server.
    Favorite Colour: Black is a shade so I’d genuinely have to go with blue, I really love the sea and the water.
    Favorite Song: I’m a person who, once they’ve heard a song they like, will replay it numerous times until it’s sorta stuck in my head. Right now though, songs by Lana Del Rey, Lady Gaga, Sam Smith and a few others.
    Favorite Food: I’m vegetarian so it’s not bacon, but I do like tortellini a lot so...stuff with that pasta in it I suppose. Love cheesecake as a dessert and chocolate.
    Favorite Film: All the Star Wars movies (can't wait for Episode 9), Avatar, most Marvel films (Loved Thor: The Dark World), and generally a few dozen more. The one I re-watch every once and a while is 9 and Coraline.
    Favorite TV Show: Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars: Rebels and Star Wars: Resistance.
    Favorite Sport: ...I really dislike sports but since this is the one I’m the best at and played the most, Basketball.
    Favorite Book: I love anything having to do with Star Wars and Game of Thrones is good too. I like a large variety of genres and I’ll read most things but I ABHOR romance novels.
    Favorite Game: Board? I’d have to say chess, not an amazing player but I find it rather fun. Video? I’d have to say by far Destiny, love that game world to pieces. Minecraft however, holds a special place as literally pretty much being MassiveCraft to me and is that were to be it’s own game, I’d like, be the first in line to pre-order the biggest and best edition there was.
    3 Words to Describe Me: Creative, gay, forgetful.
    Pet Peeve: Apparently for nearly a year, I said “Anyways” like I did when I typed over Skype but now I’ve been purposefully correcting myself when my dad pointed it out awhile back.
    About Me on the Server: I love this server and proudly talk about it with anyone who enjoys it!

Anyone wanting to ask further questions is more then welcome to, I probably forgot a few things!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #1 HydraLana, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

Oh you're blue

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Tra_kad

Tra_kad Massives biggest Adventurer and Conspiracy Maker

Yes yes very nice, here have important video in celebration of rankup.

4. ChensSpaghetti

ChensSpaghetti Space Cowboy

Like I said on your profile, congratulations!

Funny thing is, I saw your username in the Vigilant Shield chat on skype, and I thought to myself, "Surprised Shadow isn't lore staff or something. He's always answering stuff in Lore Q&A." Then I went on the forums later in the day and saw you had a blue name.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  5. Jouster

Jouster stutterer

QUESTION: Do you love me? ;)

6. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

who mace windu

• Educated Educated x 1
  7. HydraLana

Yep.
    I actually prefer this song when I think of being blue...

Awww, thank you!
    Ennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsure.
    Mace Windu was a Jedi Knight that served on the High Jedi Council of the Jedi Order for at least 15 or so years before his believed death after a duel in Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's office. He was known for wielding a purple lightsaber and use Form VII, one of the few Jedi to do so. He also trained Depa Billaba, who trained Padawan Caleb Dune (later Kanan Jarrus) who aided the fledgling Rebel Alliance to Restore the Republic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Lord_Aza

Lord_Aza I actually work at a medieval castle nowadays!

Your opinion on this song?

9. HydraLana

Updated the thread with some more recent information!

Sounds Russian, liked the mention of Khans in it.

10. Brobbey

Brobbey Regalian Pioneer

( I like reasoning for answers, but hey if you're lazy /like me sometimes/ you can just answer any way you want.)
    Going to spam a fellow Star Wars nerd with some questions!
    1. Place the Star Wars movies in an order from Best to Worst
    2. Did you like the Force Awakens?
    3. Captain Phasma or Boba Fett?
    4. Do you think Boba Fett is overrated and do you like him?
    5. Prequels or Nah..?
    6. Favorite Star Wars character?
    7. You think chopper is annoying?
    8. Favorite Bounty Hunter?
    9. Favorite Droid?
    10. Favorite Jedi?
    11. You're favorite SW quote?
    12. First SW movie you watched?
    13. Favorite BAD GUY?
    14. SW rebels or SW Clone Wars?
    15. Rancor or Sarlacc pit?
    16. Favorite Star Wars extra (if really have one)
    17. Max Rebo band or Cantina Band?
    18. Describe SW in 2 words? ( And don't use Awesome, Fantastic, Cool etc..)
    19. Did the scene on Jedha with the extremist rebels remind you of the wars going on in Afghanistan, Syria etc?
    20. What do you like so much about Star Wars?

May the Force be with you while answering these questions!

#10 Brobbey, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  11. HydraLana

Well since I love Star Wars questions:
    1. Attack of the Clones, Star Wars The Clone Wars, New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Phantom Menace, Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, Rogue One, The Force Awakens (I defied your conventions and did it worst to best)
    2. Yep.
    3. Phasma, she's Brianne of Tarth!
    4. Canon Boba Fett has never rarely been seen so I don't really have that much of an opinion of him.
    5. Perfectly fine with the prequels, I grew up on them and maybe its just me but I don't understand today why everyone complains about how complicated they were. As far as I can remember, I understood them pretty well when I was growing up.
    6. Is it cheating if I say The Inquisitors?
    7. Nope, I have a cat myself and so his mannerisms aren't any more annoying than what I endure on a daily basis
    8. Cad Bane is always a favorite.
    9. Professor Huyang, we never got to really know his history but he seems like a fascinating droid considering how long he's lived (or at least suggested he's lived)
    10. I would have to say Tiplee and Tiplar, through those sisters I learned to absolutely love Mikkians.
    11. “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” – Darth Vader followed closely by "So this is how liberty dies…with thunderous applause.” – Padmé Amidala
    12. A New Hope, my dad needed to renovate me and my brother's play area when we were both young so he plunked us down in front of the TV and put on A New Hope on the VHS
    13. Is it cheating if I say the Inquisitors again? XD
    14. I love Clone Wars way more than Rebels although both are important to Star Wars since both are canon, Clone Wars just has so much more to it with basically 7 seasons and such a variety of plotlines.
    15. Rancor I think, no real reason.
    16. Any of the Jedi extras since a lot of them got expanded on the Clone Wars or the comics by Marvel recently
    17. Cantina, mostly because of the enormous controversy over Max Rebo himself.
    18. Multi-faceted Adventure
    19. Not enormously though I could slightly see the vague similarities.
    20. I just like the deep levels that can exist when talking about it. Overall I would say I love fantasy scifi so this world is right in my wheelhouse. It has a lot of variety, depth and to a certain degree mystery, especially in the new canon and seeing how old ideas might be added with new ones to be unique.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  12. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

13. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

This is cool.

14. HydraLana

I am now HydraLana so, thread updated.

15. HodlinG

HodlinG owie Supremium

wh-
    WHERE IS SHADOW??!

16. Brobbey

Brobbey Regalian Pioneer

- What’s your opinion on The Last Jedi?

- What’s your opinion on Star Wars Resistance?

17. HydraLana

I personally liked Last Jedi, really loving some parts. I think I have rather fond memories of the experience seeing the film. The first time I went was by myself, then I went with my grandfather and finally I went with some friends in an absolutely PACKED theatre. I was forced to separate from them, sitting at the far end of one of the three separate front rows. So, at every major scene and reveal, I just turned back to watch the full theatre audience react, I overall really enjoyed it.

Are there problems with the film? Yes. But are they as bad as everything thinks? No. I do not think that for a minute. As a Star Wars fan, I take in all supplementary material and background information. Even when the film was coming out, what I knew was valuable and helped me get through some of the issues others likely had with it. Do I feel they did a lot of damage control with later content to help explain everything? Yes. Still, the film was very enjoyable for me and I am rather angry at YouTube for constantly suggesting I watch a video called "Why The Last Jedi was a cinematic failure". To me, it wasn't and people just need to let this shit go. They let their own expectations get wildly out of control and they were disappointed, I was not.

Star Wars Resistance, to me, isn't all that valuable for the main character, Kaz. In the episodes so far, he has shown an EXTREMELY childish attitude that I think makes him very unlikable, at least to me. However, I respect what one person I watch (Star Wars Explained) mentioned: Its like moving to a new middle school, Kaz is the new strange kid surrounded by new people who have routines and lives he only interrupts. Disney kids can interact with and understand that.

I LOVE the show far more for all of its background information and secondary characters. The show gave us the first look at the latest models of X-wings used by the New Republic, it showed us more diversity in Stormtroopers that expands the implications of Cardinal from the Captain Phasma novel, it gave us a look a new aliens, gave some new looks to "old" aliens (seen in previous Star Wars content) and it looks to explore an interesting period, though I honestly feel it should have been shifted back to a year or two before TFA instead of a few months. HOWEVER, at the same time, it will likely now also give us some of the first pieces of information about the wider galaxy during and after TFA and TLJ. I really liked what the Poe Dameron comic showed us in its final issue or two so to see that animated and how the galaxy gets from TLJ to whatever Ep.9 will be should be very interesting. So overall, it's on a good track! Like all other Star Wars animated shows, it will likely mature VERY quickly especially given the galactic events it will soon be covering.

Feel free to ask me for any other opinions on Star Wars @GobCorn!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  18. InDogsWeTrust

InDogsWeTrust sleeping bees

Wow. I did not know any of this about you.

1. Congratulations on your superior healthcare system.

2. I make a lot of dessert pls send me cheesecake recipes.

3. What is hydralana

19. HydraLana

1. Thank you.
    2. I don't have one sadly.
    3. HydraLana is made up of two parts. The first is a combination of one of my favorite mythical creatures, the Hydra and one of my favorite evil villain organizations (Heil Hydra). The second is a reference to my longest RP character, Lana Asska, and one of my if not my favorite singer, Lana Del Rey.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  20. KK134

KK134 Regalian Pioneer

Feelings on caramel or cherry on cheesecake? What about graham cracker crust?

21. HydraLana

Caramel, I don't like cherries, and graham cracker crumb crust is always yummy.

• Powerful Powerful x 1