-=- How To Setup And Use Schematica -=-

Discussion in 'Massive Tutorials' started by Zacatero, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Zacatero

Zacatero give a quack to wingback
    1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

This tutorial will serve as a guide to setting up and using the Minecraft mod, Schematica

This tutorial is for Windows and will have terms and key commands that will not work on Mac computers.

As of 8 February 2016 this tutorial is for Minecraft 1.11
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schematica is a mod for Minecraft that allows you to display a hologram that only you can see, loaded from a .schematic file, for easier rebuilding. You can also save your builds to schematic files in game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Step 1 (if you already have Minecraft Forge 1.11, skip to step 3):
    For these steps, please use some common sense and make sure all of your downloads are in the same Minecraft version.

Download Minecraft Forge and run the installer that downloads. (When it loads, choose Install Client from the options) then go to your Minecraft Launcher and choose Forge from your profile list, and click Play. Once it completely loads to the main menu, you can exit Minecraft.

Step 2: Find the Mods folder.

Once step 1 is complete and you have run Minecraft for the first time since adding Forge, new folders have automatically been created in the Minecraft directory. Right-Click the Start Icon and select Run. Type in %appdata%/.minecraft and press enter.

Step 3: Download LunatriusCore and Schematica.

Place both of these files into the Mods folder that is in the directory we found in step 2. Then go back to the Minecraft Launcher and press play again, like in step 1 (with the forge profile still active). Once loaded to the main menu, press quit again.

AT THIS POINT THE MOD IS READY TO USE

/ brings up the load menu (as such in this image) use this to select which schematic to load into the hologram (loaded schematic hologram shown in image 2)
    2016-11-05_16.36.57.png
    2016-11-05_16.42.06.png

- brings up the manipulate menu. Once a schematic is loaded into the hologram, you use the manipulate menu to align and move it, you can show the different layers on the Y level, and other functions as explained in the respective steps below.
    2016-11-05_16.40.34.png

* brings up the save menu. Use this menu to save builds into schematic files, as shown in the respective steps below
    2016-11-05_16.40.24.png

Step 1: Get a Schematic file

For this tutorial I will be using a small medieval house Schematic i found on Planet Minecraft. Click Here to download it.

Once you completed the last step of the
    Mod setup in the beginning of this tutorial, a few more folders were added, since you added Schematica to the mix. Particularly the Schematics folder. Place the small_house.schematic file into this folder.

Step 2: Load Minecraft

Step 3: Using the load menu as referenced in the spoiler above, select the schematic to use. Then once it's loaded, use the manipulate menu to align it to the coordinates of your choice. As illustrated, in the picture below, all you do from here is build where the blocks are on the hologram and once a block has been placed, the hologram for that block is gone.
    2016-11-05_16.51.16.png 2016-11-05_16.50.05.png

As you can see, Schematica is a rather easy mod to use.. while the setup is the more daunting task.

Schematica can also be used to save your creations into the .schematic files so you can share them with others or even sell them here on the forums!!

Step 1: Enter the Save menu with the * key on your numpad as illustrated in the spoiler above.

Step 2: Select the Off button, changing it to say On.

Step 3: Using the Red Point and Blue Point coordinate options, place each point on opposite corners of your build, as illustrated in the picture below.
    2016-11-05_17.22.25.png
    Step 4: Back in the Save menu, next to the On button, type in that field what you want to name your schematic. Then press save
    2016-11-05_17.24.23.png 2016-11-05_17.24.35.png

The file was successfully saved into the Schematics folder

If I have missed anything or there are any functions that are not covered here that you would like me to add, feel free to comment below!!

• Winner x 7
    • Informative x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Thank You! x 2
    • Useful x 1
    #1 Zacatero, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. FireFan96

FireFan96 Imperial Bloodhound Staff Member Lore2
    1. House von Drachenburg

didn't even read it before i rated it. I already knew it would be good

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Zacatero

1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

Okay! I got the issues with the spoilers fixed lol. All should be good.

4. Brobbey

Brobbey Regalian Pioneer

rip me with a mac

5. Zacatero

1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

Im pretty sure its possible with a Mac but i have no knowledge of it so im sorry i cant write on that

6. Brobbey

Brobbey Regalian Pioneer

No problem its still a great tutorial!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. MrScafuto

MrScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

I can probably do a linux tutorial for any linux users out there

• Like Like x 1
    • Generous Generous x 1
  8. freckled_face

freckled_face "frefa"
    1. Close Knit Friends

So does Schematica work in tandem with Massivecraft?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zacatero

1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

I dont know what you mean by "in tandem"... they dont synergize if thats what you are asking

10. freckled_face

freckled_face "frefa"
    1. Close Knit Friends

I mean, you can use it with Massivecraft right?

11. Zacatero

1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

Yes. This is a client side mod. The only feature you cannot use outside creative is the Printer but i didnt include it in this tutorial anyway for that reason

12. Zacatero

1. *✴︎ Cadun ✴︎*

~Updated for 1.11~

13. Xersai

Xersai Aeternian Revenant
    1. The Aeternian Empire

Don't worry, I have a mac and managed to install it,its easy. Install forge, get lunatris core and the schematica mod and then move them both to the mods folder. I think. Just search up how to install schematica on mac online :D

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Sir_Daragon

Sir_Daragon Your Local Supremium

o.m.g this was SO useful(im a noob in mods and stuff) i can now start building awesome stuff! thanks zacatero!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dixii

Dixii Dixii

This was very helpful, Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1