House Von Duerr

Dekuras

Technologic Witch Doctor
Staff member
Lore
Reaction score
Qcgp6GPJT9p7_ruelto7UejWnIzwiC-TlLX0fg3gcE2FNc6OqQP_d7dUuAUphAltO5_1YWO4NnAQJRVxxPu1rCFByNLmgGluUKyr0NKg6FgDoSosWcd6p-mz8FOBpr7FezIXzY7d

9X0OBMqdT1eTF7qwaEA7-hOvjOAJnvJMs15gZFhSmXgquiMWcm-mAN-HKFyABht3zxxzk7YdE-urQNmWPx7Nxm89WvIesSgRkhfp4lTSiKoRL8nBBpte1bqNucafbFad1LNRu2be

Wv360WF.png

xkPPXIKVdgiJx29kfmvCpQ4WiH5ql0O5RyKHxWv_5d_qgA7J3i3o47T6QjlQcyI3P4p4efAtEX32u1RxXChwvlrM-kChSfIu0V7mgq1GNbF7ktGYc-goKOTmBeCAQwVXsxog02cj

Culture:
Calderliga
-|-
Colors:
Green, Silver, White.
-|-
Crest:
Crow overlayed with a shield displaying and ouroboros and an hourglass
-|-
Saying:
Memento Mori
-|-
Trades:
Medicine and Blackpowder
-|-
Holdings:
Barony of Duerrstein
-|-
Current head:
Jocelyn Jamison von Duerr
-|-
Values
Humility, hard work, and competence.
-|-
House von Duerr's niche in the Regalian Empire has been centered around the exploration of the medical field, its preference of supporting roles, and its tendency to stay out of conflicts until approached or effected directly. The von Duerrs are often keenly aware that death irreversibly ticking forward, valuing their skills to the point where they will be noticed by historians for years to come.

Family History
-|-​
House von Duerr is often referred to as reclusive, if only for their location. Hidden within the evergreens of Calemberg, the von Duerr family is vast, growing strong and steadily, much like their plant counterparts. Despite their steadfast roots, von Duerr's main source of income is heavily debated, as their two main trades are quite different. Medicine, along with its practice, is commonplace within the family, as is the production and exporting of blackpowder, a necessary material for many armies and armadas within the Archipelago. The members and employees of the von Duerr trades are often described as obsessive, honing their skills to the point of perfection.

Von Duerr, however prevalent they might be today, have not always been so. Starting from humble roots in the year 76 AC under Gilbert von Duerr, they began as simple farmers, taking the name of Barrens. Their fate was sealed then, with their choice of name, and their fields were indeed barren. The family remained steadfast in their belief that the Spirit would provide, however, and set their eyes to broader horizons. Suffering through hardship after hardship, they endured. It was only in year 115 AC that their first medical professionals began to experiment, teaching themselves the tricks of the trade. With enough trial and much error, discoveries and progress were made. Soon enough, the trade had spread throughout the family, sons and daughters alike encouraged to venture down the path of a medical professional.

At the same time, the beginnings of their other lucrative trade came to be. Under the supervision of Osvaldo von Duerr, blackpowder began its production, the substance quickly tested and tried for any side effects by their doctors and other medical professionals. Deeming it safe to use, they then began to export it, setting the foundation for the lands they manage today. Used by armies and armadas alike, blackpowder is a universal necessity to anyone with heavy firearms.

xkPPXIKVdgiJx29kfmvCpQ4WiH5ql0O5RyKHxWv_5d_qgA7J3i3o47T6QjlQcyI3P4p4efAtEX32u1RxXChwvlrM-kChSfIu0V7mgq1GNbF7ktGYc-goKOTmBeCAQwVXsxog02cj

Family Tree & Members:

Key:
Black - Deceased
Red - Unplayable
Orange - Playable
Green - Played

Main Line:
  • Jamison von Duerr | 52 |
  • Liliane von Duerr-Faucheux | 50 |
    • Jocelyn von Duerr | 34 |
    • Katrina von Duerr | 34 |
    • Victoria von Duerr | 26 |
    • Jessika von Duerr | 23 |

• Gunther von Duerr | 50 |
  • Elfriede von Duerr-Fiehler | 48 |
    • Margrit von Duerr | 30|
    • Joachim von Duerr |25 |
    • Georg von Duerr | 23 |

• Luitpold von Duerr | 49 |
  • Katharina von Duerr-Wigand | 46 |
    • Anne-Marie von Duerr | 27 |
    • Heidi von Duerr | 26 |

• August von Duerr | 47 |
  • Theressa von Duerr-Pohl | 44 |
    • Jollien von Duerr | 26 |
    • Frieda von Duerr | 20

• Raimund von Duerr-Burgund | 45 |

• Helmfried von Burgund | 47 |

• Cord von Duerr-Burgund | 24 |
  • Knud von Duerr | 46|
  • Odiele von Duerr-Webekind | 46 |
    • Marzell von Duerr | 29 |
    • Jasmin von Duerr | 26 |
    • Baldur von Duerr | 25 |

• Othmar von Duerr | 42 |
  • Sofie von Duerr-Cline | 40 |
    • Ruedi von Duerr | 22 |

Family Application:

Username: (Your Minecraft Username.)

References: (People who can vouch for your roleplay. Tag them with their permission prior to post.)

Previous Character Application: (If there is none then post N/A.)

Activity?: (List your general amount of weekly activity.)

Any Punishments/Infractions: (Mutes, Jails, Bans, etc. Explanation of such can be made here or privately with me.)

Able to use Discord?: (Discord is often used for easy communication. It is recommended.)

Previous Noble Experiences?:

What Can You Provide?: (From an OOC perspective what can you provide to the family and the community?)

IC Information:

Character Name or Character Being Applied For: (Either give the name provided or Create one.)

Detailed Physical Appearance: (Write a small paragraph giving the general appearance of the character.)

Detailed Personality: (Write a small paragraph detailing the character's personality.)

What do you want out of the character?: (Tell us why you want this character and what you want to do with them. We want you to have fun with them!)

House Staff

House Staff Application:

Username: (Your Minecraft Username.)

References: (People who can vouch for your roleplay. Tag them with their permission prior to post.)

Character Application: (If there is none for the character applying then post a previous application. If still none, then N/A.)

Activity?: (List your general amount of weekly activity.)

Any Punishments/Infractions: (Mutes, Jails, Bans, etc. Explanation of such can be made here or privately with me.)

Able to use Discord?: (Discord is often used for easy communication. It is recommended.)

Position you're applying for: (Cook, scribe, guard, etc.)

IC Letter: (Post an in-character letter to the head of the house, including essentials for the character. This can either be in spoilers or without.)

iHrQtUBhvzqrwc8lEHEmtcVcVcYMkWLDHUV9oWlNKphS1JlZnSmkZtcNIRLdf6WD6dgrhOkN-ZjG4QS7W50XQVmqp1vHy2qfMJQ6-Xou96N4GT-tn4NYZzlCJ2wMLs8Nh0NKFzXe

Last edited:
Username : princessvgb

References: @Ailethi

Previous Character Application : N/A

Activity : 5-6 days a week, 6-7 hours a day, separated.

Any Punishments/Infractions : None.

Able to use Discord?: Yes

Previous Noble Experiences?: A few, other character worked house guard and servantry for a family, and just general talking with some.

What Can You Provide? : Good RP. Letting some younger novels have a voice in major/minor descisions.

IC Information:

Character Name or Character Being Applied For : Jessika von Duerr

Detailed Physical Appearance: Jessika has light brown hair with some dirty blonde highlights. With grassy green eyes and long eyelashes, she is quite the attractive woman. She is very slim, but is also built muscular and tall.

Detailed Personality: Jessika loves books. She practically has one or two good romance novels wherever she goes. Along with her large hobby of reading, she runs a small, mobile book company that typically appears at festivals, noble events, or even just around town she peeks up and has books for sale in her bag. Jessika also is venturing into the world of medicine, but for now, she just has just dipped into the interest of becoming a Doctor.

What do you want out of the character?: Not only because I'd like some noble experience under my belt, but to be able to just have fun in general roleplaying, and be a part of a family that is known in Regalia.

Username: "KKisname"

References: None

Character Application: Elm

Activity?: 7-8 hours IG per week (though I would be willing to increase this number)

Any Punishments/Infractions: None

Able to use Discord?: Yes and Skype

Position you're applying for: House Guard

IC Letter:
(written in neat elegant script)
Dear Jocelyn Von Duerr,
I humbly request the honor of being allowed to protect the members of House Von Duerr.I believe that my many years of tutorage in combat and my subsequent proficiency in the use of multiple blades may be of use to the honorable House Von Duerr.I have found myself in complete alignment with the values and ideals of House Von Duerr and as such wish to further The Great Way through service to your honorable house.
Spirt Bless,
Elm Underbridge

House Staff Application:

Username: Keisreinna

References: @ZiggyStarDusted

Character Application: N/A, currently working on one

Activity?: I'm starting to play more often, as school is letting out and the days are getting shorter.

Any Punishments/Infractions: N/A

Able to use Discord?: Yes, I have a discord.

The position you're applying for: Servant to the von Duerrs

IC Letter:

Dear Jocelyn von Duerr,
My name is Brighid Gaffey, I would like to be a servant for your beautiful family. I am able to do many things, such as

• Cook
  • Run Errands
  • Read to Children (If Any)
  • Set the Tables
  • And of Course, be your servant.
In addition, I would like this position because I believe that It will give me a sense of meaning in life, and, I need a job. I hope you accept me, I will be a faithful servant to your family.
With best hopes,

A179F32F6A3DB8F035B55D2B19911719.png

Brighid Gaffey
@Dekuras

The only issue I find with this application is that the character concept doesn't really fit in with the Von Duerr's general distaste to the Arcane, however this of course is up for discussion of which I'll add you add Discord for if you're still interested.