Blue Blood Noble Family House Von Drachenburg

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by FireFan96, Feb 1, 2020.

1. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

[​IMG]
    Family History
    [​IMG]
    The House of Drachenburg is a New Regalian noble house which finds its origin as a minor Wirtemcaller Family during the decline of the ancient kingdom. From its days marking the westernmost borders of the kingdom to the starting point for the Reconquest of Calemberg, the March lords of Drachenburg served as the keepers of both cultural and political borders for over two centuries. As a consequence, this key military position has seen the brunt of several armed conflicts, the foremost being the Drachenwald Crisis which saw the collapse of the House van Sherburne and the rise of factionalism within the Dragenthal Realm. Even with political flare-ups around them, the Drachenburgs have managed to weather the storms, expanding their claims in the region to act as a significant player in the Regalian Heartlands. Today, the family rules over a significant portion of the newly-established Waldmark Realm as an Elector for the Imperial Succession, and continues to serve as a prominant military authority for the Regalian Military.

[​IMG]
    Recruitment Information
    [​IMG]
    We've found over the six years of playing the family that the best way to obtain long term membership is by invite only. This is doubly true for a DM house that requires a quality control far stricter than most other rp groups.
    [​IMG]

Questions can be forwarded to @FireFan96 or @Wumpatron

• Powerful Powerful x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
    #1 FireFan96, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  2. FireFan96

The old thread was getting very cluttered from my view, so I remade an updated thread for everyone. Content has changed so give it a look!

3. FireFan96

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  4. BeetrootSalad

BeetrootSalad the gremlin Supremium

Family Recruitment

References: @LumosJared (Brass Lore Staff), @Nesstro (Lore Staff), @Eccetra (Lore Staff), @pixYcandi (PR Staff), @Anarchizm (PR Staff), @Eronoc (House Head), @ChapterDeath (House Head), @BeashSlap (House Head), @festiveCorvid (House Head), @Winterless (Charter Commander)
    Discord: beetroot#2023
    Past experiences in nobility: Erwin Braunschweiger's managed to win favor from a few other noble figures as well as behave in terms of honneurs and etiquette in both the court setting and military setting, save for a few screw-ups. You've seen my event hosting capabilities and leadership as Erwin in the New Regalian community, as well as my ability to put family goals and ideals over my own. Furthermore, I used to play as a Speziale. Marianna Speziale was an older character, so I've improved since her, but she was able to clean up quite a bit of the Speziale reputation and eventually became the head of the house. House von Drachenburg and House Speziale are the only Houses that I've ever roleplayed in, not because I lack interest in Noble RP, but because I only really apply to Houses that I genuinely want to support (loyalty on an OOC level) and that I think would be a good setting for a unique, well-written character niche, rather than just Noble RP for the sake of Noble RP.
    Character design: Spoke to you about it in the Discord, but I'd like to further elaborate on it in a Drachenwald channel to avoid writing another hyper-masculine femme fatale or one-dimensional "hurr durr minorities bad" conservative. I've ironed out some details as well as added a few more aspects to her personality in order to ensure a more elaborate character with realistic goals, behaviors and actions that stem from deeply ingrained beliefs. Due to this character's a bit more "oddish" design, it may take some more time to work out the practical aspect, which I'm still trying to do.
    What you hope to achieve: I really respect House von Drachenburg and its position of a political "anchor". I enjoy roleplay with you and Wump, and I'd love to dip my toes further into the noble and political scene. I want to help the House succeed in general and bolster the New Regalian community further, both from a commoner and potentially a noble standpoint, as well as expand on potential OOC perspectives. In a broader sense, I want to explore more noble and cultural niches that often go overlooked, while keeping them interesting and fresh, and overall improve my own ability to roleplay. I'll also be able to provide OOC perspective as a IRL woman (to potentially further dismantle the female/patriarchy misconception around the Drachenburgs) and more activity around in the Estate.

also i can be your art slave

Sidenote: I still enjoy playing Erwin and attending to guard duties, so I'd like to keep things mostly the same/this is mostly just for more experience on my end + estate stuff. Whether you accept this application or not, rest assured that little will change in terms of having a guard. Furthermore, considering the current political climate, I understand if my character won't be able to head out into the city as frequently. Just let me know if there are any issues with this or any OOC conflicts of interest.

Edit: Added references. More vouches to come in the following days.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    #4 BeetrootSalad, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  5. FireFan96

Minor Update:
    • We removed the recruitment prompt. It's just far easier to recruit via RP and OOC messaging that forcing y'all to answer generic questions isn't fair. We're all people, so we can communicate like people. Want to be a house staff/guard/family member? Contact me and Wump.
    • Contact me and Wump for family questions going forwards. We both manage different aspects of the family nowadays, and since we're co-owners, it only makes sense.
    • My intentions going forwards on this thread is to really trim down on the fluff, keeping it very bare bones. Let our roleplay actions and conduct provide our advertisement for others to join.

• Powerful Powerful x 2