House Solisti

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Azas, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

house3.png
    hydra3.jpg

"The Dressolini believe in the concept of the Hydra, a seven-headed Dragon which controlled the rain and weather in ancient times. It is said that when the Regalian Empire reached the ancient lands which the Dressolini now live in, the army forced the creature into Lake Isseo, which promptly rid the region of its foul water. The Hydra has not been seen since then."

There is a certain brand of individual that, while fiercely independent in their own right, exists within the structure of a greater body. Such is the life of an orchestral musician - while the soloist is valued for their talent, their performance is ultimately governed by the collective efforts of their peers. Much in the same way lives the Issean Hydra, each of its heads with their own wants and needs, but only one body to share between them. It can be easily reasoned, then, that a family that shares identities with both would carry the same values.

divider3.png

basic info3.png
    House Solisti once held a long legacy of trading success from their roots in farming and exporting olives and grapes, but grew into shipbuilding as they found themselves ruling lands with bountiful forests. Recent memory, however, would be almost entirely focused on the rise and fall and rise again of their patriarch Valentino Sangiovese, a once-Senator who lost his whole family their status, lands, and much of their wealth.
    • Symbols: The Issean Hydra is the main sigil, but the sun, lyres, and other instruments are commonly used iconography depending on the individual
    • Colors: Orange and cyan
    • Culture: Dressolini
    • Lineage: Nautilaan
    • Religion: Unionism
    • Theme: Sea domination
    • Industry: Formerly shipbuilding, now much more centered around military contracting, and exports and trading. For specific vocations, samples are provided in the family tree section.
    • Values: Integrity, creativity, intellect
    sol7-1.jpg

divider3.png

char2.png
    While the family tree is with filled out characters to choose from, we are flexible to most modifications, additions, or replacements if you have a concept you're keen on.
    Solisti possess many of the common traits found in Dressolini and Daendroque ailor. In particular, their mainline tends to always be black of hair, and blue or grey eyes are common. Solisti men often wear their hair longer and have facial hair. The women vary, free to keep their hair long or short. In height, the women often rival the men, in the range of average to slightly above.

tree7.png
    Main-Line:
    • Maria Solisti - 67 years old. Valentino's mother ran their estate in Ventiane, in charge of all the staff and guards. Maria is a great cook, and the namesake of her son's Caffe in Regalia. This character is played by @babaMP3.
    • Valentino Solisti - 46 years old. Valentino is the current patriarch of the family, and heads their political interests in the city. He's very involved in the Regalian Fleets, but is also skilled in finance and archery. This character is played by @Azas.
    • Carolina Rivera - 46 years old. Valentino's first wife, mother of Altea and Alessandro. A Bloodcast Knight, she served in her city's guard and never traveled far from home. Her journey since their divorce is open-ended. This character is available.
      • Altea Solisti - 26 years old. Altea often finds herself caught between the values her mother instilled in her and her brother's troublesome nature. Ultimately, she wants to do what's best for the family, but that would be a lot easier if her family would get along. An Oranjen Knight, with the Admiral talent of her father. This character is played by @Athelois.
      • Elaena Solisti - 25 years old. Elaena was often found plodding along after big sister when growing up, though she's found a sense of independence in her own journey as an Oranjen. While a skilled combatant, she is often found tending the wounded. This character is unavailable.
      • Alessandro Solisti - 24 years old. Ale’s interaction with the family is limited to mooching off his father where he can. A strings musician by trade. This character is unavailable (played on occasion by @Azas).
    • Francisca Anahera - 41 years old. Francisca was Valentino’s second wife, from 287 AC to 302 AC. A political marriage, they had their good and bad days, but she was always known for her quick wit and good looks. This character is unavailable.
      • Gaius Solisti - 21 years old. The firstborn of Francisca and Valentino, Gaius sees himself as the trueborn heir, given that his mother was a noble, political arrangement whereas his father's first marriage was impulsive and later annulled. While quite skilled as a soldier, his arrogance leads him to think he's a better commander than he really is. This character is available.
      • Emilio Solisti - 19 years old. Emilio is just a cool, vibing dude. He doesn't really have any ambition or particular talents other than being exceptionally charismatic. Ironically, he'd make a better commander than Gaius if he had any desire for that path. This character is available.
    Siblings, Nieces, and Nephews:
    • Raffaello Solisti - 45 years old. Raffaello has spent most of his years willingly in the shadow of Valentino - oftentimes the more direct hand at rule than his brother, who was away in the city. A skilled soldier and General, Raffaello is perhaps the greatest military mind in the family. Raffaello is currently Val's declared heir, but this is not set in stone. He fights with mace and shield. This character is available.
      • Dario Solisti - 25 years old. Reminiscent of his grandfather, Dario is a level-headed man with a knack for making loyal friendships, often through gifts of his own handiwork at the forge. However, he avoided making a career of his passion, instead choosing to rise to his duty as a Commander on the front lines. This character is available
      • Minerva Solisti - 23 years old. Where Dario will make for a great leader, Minerva is closer to Raffaello in her pursuit of her own values rather than placing much value in leadership or interpersonal skills. Her personal hobby is clockwork and airships, believing it to be the wave of the future (haha, get it?). This character is available.
    • Leonora Solisti - 41 years old. Leonora has always forged her own path in life. This character is unavailable.
      • Leone Solisti - 20 years old. Leone dreams of being a great tactician, but where most soldier types might chase that through drinking with comrades or training in the yard, Leone is often found nose-first in a book. He is always eager for a tale of glory, often naively falling in with the rougher types. This character is available.
    Uncle and Cousins:
    • Nero Sangiovese - 73 years old. Nero managed their shipyards and mostly kept to himself. This character has passed away very recently.
      • Ercole Sangiovese - 35 years old. Ercole is exceptionally talented, but incredibly vain. He doesn't keep to one path for long, as he quickly masters new ventures before growing bored. While it is a testament to his skill, it is also an evident weakness in that he has never amounted to much. Ercole treats it as an unspoken rule that Nero was the deserving patriarch, and their line should be the primary Sangiovese ("a name we'd still have, if not for Valentino"). This character is available.
      • Aurelia Solisti - 33 years old. A savant at picking up different languages and dealing with difficult personalities, Aurelia has quickly made a reputation for herself as a skilled diplomat. This character is unavailable.
      • Sebastien Solisti - 31 years old. Despite the lack of his father's affection, Sebastien has turned out a maverick in his own right, making headway as a financier and in fashion, even if it results in him getting beat up every now and then. This character is unavailable.
      • Cornelia Solisti - 27 years old. The perfect Dressolini debutante, Cornelia is a skilled piano player, stunningly beautiful, with an incredible wit but the poise to know when to not use it. Voted most likely to succeed in her graduating class, as well as best eyes. This character is available.

sun4.jpg

divider3.png

app2.png
    Family Application:​
    • IGN:
    • Character name:
    • Character relation (using family tree as reference):
    • Character concept (personality, career, appearance):
    • Why do you want to join our House?
    • Timezone and Activity Level - How much do you anticipate playing your Solisti?

• Winner Winner x 17
    • Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 Azas, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  2. Wilvahelm

Wilvahelm The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

• IGN: Wilvahelm
    • Character name: Sebastien Delecluze
    • Desired Staff Position: Family Accountant | Business Advisor | Or anything related.
    • Timezone and Activity Level: AEST | Activity Level is usually daily
    • References (optional): Sorry, I've only very recently returned to Massivecraft. I've yet to make enough strong connections for references.
    • Why do you want to join House Sangiovese? On an OOC level, I want to be involved in a close-knit role-play community on Massivecraft.

@---- Letter to the Sangiovesse House ----@
    To whom it may concern,

My name is Sebastien Delecluze. Only a few days ago, I arrived in Regalia from Ithania, my home and birthplace. I currently work for a financial institution called Sécurité Bank Ithania and operate as a Representative of the company in expanding business. However, these past few days have been trialing. I've been needing to find a second income, as the scraps from Sécurité Bank are nothing for the incredibly expensive lodging in Regalia (who knew!). When I heard of Sangiovesse House hiring, I was ecstatic - it would be perfect opportunity to serve your family in business. My skills relate to finance, accountancy and business literacy: I could be the business advisor you never knew you needed!

I hope this letter arrives to you all in good health.

Spirit Bless,
    Sebastien Delecluze
    [​IMG]

3. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

@Wilvahelm
    To Mr. Delecluze,

My uncle would be taken aback at any suggestion that we have need for a business advisor, but I may have a role that would suit your background. I am hesitant to consider hiring an Ithanian, but I will grant you an interview. I would recommend that you come with your best.

Regards,
    Valentino Sangiovese

#3 Azas, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  4. Athelois

Athelois visceral bitch

• IGN: Athelois
    • Character name: Altea Sangiovese
    • Character relation (using family tree as reference): alessandro's cooler (hotter) older sister
    • Character concept (personality, career, appearance): you made the skin already, punk
    • Why do you want to join House Sangiovese? because you told me to
    • Timezone and Activity Level: How much do you anticipate playing your Sangiovese? CST and whenever
    • References (optional): suck my toe

• Powerful Powerful x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

banned Approved! Not that I needed to post this, considering your app is already approved haha. Welcome to da fam, marshmallow!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  6. MantaRey

MantaRey repairing the gens Staff Member Lore2

• IGN: MantaRey
    • Character name: Elaena Sangiovese
    • Character relation (using family tree as reference): The youngest sister from Altea and Alessandro
    • Character concept (personality, career, appearance): We are discussing!
    • Why do you want to join House Sangiovese? Because my wife is here and I want to be a part of this fun
    • Timezone and Activity Level: How much do you anticipate playing your Sangiovese? CST, when I’m not doing Dragon things
    • References (optional): To be shared

7. Azas

Azas lofi sihai

Approved! Let me know if you need any help getting a skin :)

• Powerful Powerful x 1