House Ombre

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by onlyathot, Jan 14, 2020.

1. onlyathot

onlyathot the thottiest of them all

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Etymology
    From the d'Ithanie word for 'shadow', ombre, is where the house makes claim to their name.

Pronunciation
    In d'Ithanie, it is pronounced as /ɔ̃bʁ/ or OM (as in nOM) - B (as in Bruh) - RE (as in bREath) [x].

Coat of Arms

On a background of paneled blue, to represent the great sea by which the House does their trade and symbolize La Laque du Prospérité, lays a great oaken tree of silver. The color silver represents not only the wealth of the House, but also the moonlight by which the slaves were guided by. The oak is tribute to the ancient tree that still stands at Oakclyff in Micelle that their ancestors founded the dynasty in its shadow. In the branches of this mighty oak are the stars that all of the House reach for and it tells of their great ambition. Set in the heart of the sigil and tree is the great moon that guides all Ithanians. The crest itself are the roots of the great oak which holds all of the House together in unity and love.

Family Heirlooms
    The family retains La Sel de Mer, a mercantile ship from times long gone, and an ancient ring once held by Côme Ombre that is lost - it is known as Le Anneau de Elouan.

Motto
    "From Shadows We Grow" is the original motto, centuries old that comes from the shadow of the great oak the family made their fortune.

Colors
    Blue, Silver, and Brown

Culture
    Ithanian, New Regalian, Calderligan, Sihain

Lineage
    Mainline:
    Lexxon, Cadet-line: Nautilaan, Ithanian-mainland: Archon, Cadet-branch: Drahl.

Races
    Ailor, Sihai, Estlings (Half-Ailor/Sihain), Half Elves

Religion
    Priscelle Unionism & Dragon Dogma

Trade
    Luxury goods, shipbuilding, and alchemy

Holdings
    None

Ancestral Seat
    Oakclyff, Micelle

Status
    Fallen Nobility; Commoner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    An ancient Ithanian clan, the family can trace its roots to that of the oaken tree that graces their coat of arms. They had arrived upon one of the finest ships of the age into a bay of the south west of the Archipelago, what would be known as Pays Sud, in 181 AC. Here they founded their dynasty under the shadow of an oak tree atop the highest cliff on the shore, under which a cavern had formed from ancient waves and House Ombre would be born. The keep would soon be called Oakclyff for the ancient tree that had guided the original founders. The original oak tree was the only survivor of its grove, the others being used to build and birth the familial business: sea trade. The Ombre's had always been excellent seamen and used this ability to found their House. So why not use it to further better the house?

By 210 AC a golden age could said to have befallen the Ombre clan. Coin traveled into the bustling port town of Oakclyff allowing for the mighty House to expand further into the main land. More and more taxes were gathered, more men recruited into the guardsmen and fleets, and more attention focused on the maturing clan. It did not take long for the signature ambition of the House to be taken a step too far. Their small folk resulted, other lords declared war, and the Empire demanded payment around 250 AC. Soon the once glorious House that expanded the peninsula was nothing more than a small dot on the map, occupying a cave on the coast.

This failure would haunt the Ombre to the present day.

Their business of sea trade continued, albeit slower than before, and the feeble family slowly got back on its feet. The 260s brought forth a new wave of hope for the House. They began to rekindle relationships with their small folk and spark new trade agreements with other lands. It was around this time that Joaquin de Oakclyff and Sebastián de Oakclyff were born. With the onset of the Chrysant War the two brothers hoped to bring fame and fortune to the family by offering their skills to the Empire. The oldest brother, Sebastián was deemed too frail to join the military and was instead left to care for Oakclyff. All the while Joaquin enlisted in the navy and brought glory upon their fallen house through his sailing genius.

By the time of the war the two brothers had already been married, each with their own family. Sebastián had married a minor lord's daughter to keep the family's banner men happy and Joaquin married an Ithanian socialite. Despite the usual laws of inheritance, and perhaps because of his inability to fight, Sebastián was skipped over as heir to the Ombre House. This final wish of their father brought strife between the two brothers, as Joaquin was officially made the patriarch of the family while his older brother was left to wallow in self pity and hatred. In spite of this, Joaquin allowed his brother to act as Lord of Oakclyff in his stead, as the young patriarch had recently acquired tea plantations in the far east and hoped to establish another revenue of regals for the family.

The family was finally prospering in the shadow of the great war... For a time at least.

Tragedy struck the family with the death of the patriarch, Joaquin, with the turn of the century in 300 AC. In his will, at the behest of his wife, their firstborn daughter was named heiress to the head of the house. A wish that would not be fulfilled. As her greedy uncle refused to be surpassed another time, much less by a woman, and claimed the title as his own. Olivia did not falter, however, and instead used the wealth of her father and in laws to find a way off the Outer Isles of Dexai to Regalia, in order to get assistance from the Empire. Her quest was useless, as she soon learned how apathetic the royal family could be to those they deemed unworthy. So her goal changed, as she needed to have her name known for her house to receive any kind of aide.

She doubled her efforts to socialize with the nobility, and feeling as if that was not getting the effect she wanted, the young Ithanian took matters into her own hands. A coup d'état was set into place to reclaim her land... And so it was, her alchemic knowledge giving her own men the boost they needed. This acquisition of power proved to be enough for someone to notice her, and nobility dressed her shoulders. Finely dressed she was, Olivia Ombre, with her brother the handsome knight Côme by her side a great many deeds and plots were done.

Claiming the title of Protectress of Ithania during the Elven War, Olivia failed horribly. She did protect Ithania, yet made little contribution to the war as a noble House. She succumbed to plots by minor Houses and her brother was kidnapped or lost. These failures proved too much for the matriarch, and she fled the state. The House fell to ruin, and yet, after her sabbatical Olivia returned to Regalia to bring her House to greatness.

Her return to the Holy City was one wrought with mockery and mistrust, what few allies Olivia had once had long gone or dead - those that remained saw the Ombre aristocrat as little more than a burden. Perhaps it was right to think so, as she had seen to make herself an enemy of the Delmotte after refusing to spread their Imperial propaganda throughout the Ithanian City-States. In retaliation, a mercenary was sent for her after which she list an appendage.

This must have been what broke the matriarch as her plotting began to grow eccentric, bold, and wild. Conspiring with the underworld of Regalia, Olivia sought to use her alchemical knowledge to bring the change she so desperately sought - a return to the past where she once held power, where her name meant something. In the end, however, her own ambition would be her downfall.

On a chilly morning as the tides of march came with their spring showers, devastating news was brought to the recently graduated Bloodcast knight, Natalia Ombre. Unknown and presumptively lost, the heir(ess) has now been forced by honor and tradition to uphold their mother's final wishes - and with that, arrive to Regalia as the sole Ombre.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those of the mainline Ombre are graced with brown hair, usually lighter in tone but can be darker depending on outside blood. There are those with lighter hair, the occasional blonde in the Fleurété line is common, along side porcelain skin with the mainland Ithanians. Ocean blue eyes are the standard across the entire family, and never deviate - even amongst outside blood. The Ombre have been seafaring folk for centuries, and tan quite easily, many are said to have freckles across their body.

One of the main traits of the Ombre that is not physical, is their ambition. The defining trait of the House. From the long deceased members to the modern ones, almost all Ombre have a burning passion with in them.

The family is Ithanian in origin, but with Olivia's marriage, Sihai are also allowed. From Francisco's descendants, a new branch of New Regalian and Calderligan of the family exist.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Holdings

Oakclyff – Hidden beneath the mighty oak tree that once guided the Ombre, the keep is built into a cliff/cove overlooking the coast of Pays Sud (Micelle).

Lee Sin Tea Plantations – Tea plantations, some acquired by Joaquin while others were inherited by Olivia from her in-laws, provide precious tea leaves from the Outer Isles of Dexai for the family to trade.

Verger du Temps – An ancient orchard that has been held by the Fleurété line for years, it is filled with flowers and blooming cactuses that spawn in the desert of San-Lume.

Avull Island – Recently claimed by Olivia, the small island is tactically situated in the middle of the straight between Micelle and Verre. The Ombre matriarch has many plans for the island but for now leaves the residents to do as they please.

Titles

Madame la Ombre, Olivia Désirée Ombre. Natalia Mei-Shí Ombre.
    Protecteur de Avull Island, Olivia Désirée Ombre.
    Dame de Oakclyff, Olivia Désirée Ombre. Natalia Mei-Shí Ombre.
    Swan de Ithanian Court, Olivia Désirée Ombre.
    Man at Arms of the Bloodcast Order, Natalia Mei-Shí Ombre

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1) Recognize the difference between IC and OOC relations. Do not be rude or malevolent to others who you may have IC issues with. You are not your character, nor are they.

2) Your character, if they are an Ombre, are to be held to a higher standard. This includes spending adequate time on the server and proper roleplay ettiequte. Your character should keep to how they were originally applied to or how they are outlined in this thread. To do otherwise is betraying the application and will result in the ejection from the family.

3) The whole point of Minecraft, and in extension Massivecraft, is to have fun! If for any reason you feel overly stressed or burdened by the family or are in need of break, please tell me. Your character will be frozen and you will not be reprimanded. Please, let me know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anyone is allowed to apply as long as they fill out the following application (and tag @onlyathot):

IGN:
    Timezone:
    Mutes/Bans/Jails:
    Discord:
    Character Name/App:
    Reference(s):
    Bio (if original):
    Goal (if original):
    Position (if staff):
    Letter (if staff):

Once accepted, we will work together to find a role for you in the family.

thank you to @CrimsletMonarch for the layout & to @seoulmate for the coat of arms
    [​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
    #1 onlyathot, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  2. onlyathot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[PLAYABLE] - anyone can apply!
    [RESTRICTED] - requires a strict application process.
    [ACTIVE] - currently being played!
    [DEAD] - well.
    [UNPLAYED] - could be played but no plot exist yet.​

[​IMG]
    Main Line

Olivia Dèsirèe Ombre (@onlyathot) {49} [DEAD] - Former matriarch of the family, diplomat and alchemist.​
    Natalia Mei-Shí Ombre (@onlyathot){24} [ACTIVE] - Head of the family, daughter of Olivia, Bloodcast knight and minor mage.​

Côme Elouan Ombre {28} [DEAD (?)] - Brother to Olivia, Outcast Viridian knight, Battle Mage.

Cadet Branch
    Sebastián Ombre (@ ) [DEAD] - Brother of Olivia's father, traitor.
    Jocelyn Ombre (@ ) [PLAYABLE] {64} - A midwife and nurse, she serves the family in this way and holds a blood feud with Olivia.
    Jean Ombre (@TOXICPEAR9 ) [ON TRIAL] {43} - Sees his father and mother as failures, and wishes to bring honor to his name, he is an admirable admiral.
    Nephew Ombre (@ ) [PLAYABLE] {21} - Son of Jean, a squire of no particular renown or prowess.
    Alicia Ombre (@ ) [PLAYABLE] {41} - Wife of Jean, a skilled house keep in both the culinary arts and dress making.
    Luca Ombre (@ScaleJam ) [ACTIVE] {30s} - Son of Sebastián; snake enthusiast.

Francis Ombre (@ ) [PLAYABLE] {26} - Son of Sebastián.

New Regalian/Calderliga Branch

Francisco Ombre (@ ) [PLAYABLE] {81} - Uncle to Joaquin & Sebastián, Great Uncle to Olivia, a legendary general.
    Cousin 2.0 Ombre (@) [PLAYABLE] {60} - Daughter of Francisco, Cousin to Joaquin & Sebastián.
    Hubby 2.0 (@ ) [UNPLAYED] {58} - Husband of Daughter of Francisco
    Lionel Ombre (@ ) [PLAYABLE] {26} - Son of Daughter of Francisco, WIP​
    Cousin 2.0 Ombre (@ ) [UNPLAYED] {57} - Son of Francisco, Cousin to Joaquin & Sebastián
    Wifey 2.0 (@ ) [UNPLAYED] {50} - Wife of Son of Francisco
    Cousin 3.0 (@ ) [PLAYABLE] {22} - Daughter of Son of Francisco​

Mainland Ithanian Branch

Patricia Fillia (@ ) [PLAYABLE] {68} - Aunt to Olivia on her mother's side, she is a shrewd and petty woman; bitter from the jealousy she bares for her younger sister and the years of yearning for her own daughter's youth.
    Enzo Fillia (@ ) [PLAYABLE] {59} - Husband to Patricia, and Reverend of the local church, he is a simple man who does not see, or ignores, his wife's cruel and misguided ways.
    Lycette Fillia-Ombre (@) [PLAYABLE] {28} - A Crystal Maiden of Basta.
    Eliza Fleurété (@) [PLAYABLE] {54} - Youngest (half) sister to Patricia Fillia & Angelica Ombre, Aunt to Olivia.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Siobhan Adélaïde Blathé (@ ) [PLAYABLE] {300} - An ancient Shilôt who has been pulling the strings from the shadows of the Ombre family for generations; the Governess.

Theoris El-Sayad ( @ScaleJam ) [ACTIVE] {Slave} - A Varran who Olivia captured during her time away from Regalia, she is skilled in forgery and illegal trade.

#2 onlyathot, Jan 14, 2020
  3. onlyathot

4. javid74

javid74

@onlyathot
    IGN: Javid74
    Timezone: PST
    Mutes/Bans/Jails: None
    Discord: javid74#2111
    Character Name/App: Maori Romero (This is meant to be my current character yes?)
    Reference(s): None so far! I don't know much of this family yet. I have roleplayed with canaaa a few times though with both Milena and Ily, both as Maori. Buuut i'm no way claiming to know anyone in this specific community all that well.
    Bio (if original): No original pre-existing bio.
    Goal (if original): My goal with this character is to dip my toe into nobility and serving a family, to get a family to greater heights through my endeavors. And to finally participate in high society RP, as with my vigilant guardsman Maori I could only get so far.
    Position (if staff):
    Letter (if staff):

Characters I am applying for:
    Anything you'll throw at me really, but Cousin Ombre (son of Sebastian), or Cousin 3.0 (Son of daughter of Francisco) interested me. I assume you won't keep their names as cousin, does this mean I get to suggest names or do you do that yourself? May I suggest Marceau (shortened Marc), or Ravel, or Lothrin (shortened Rino)?

I am Javid, and I am a very long-game type of player. Each character I make has either a lot of foresight, or is built very vaguely to be built over the course of it's early lifespan. I don't switch characters very easily, and don't abandon them easily either. Maori (my guard character) has been my only character on the server since the great purge a couple years back. My grasp on the style of RP in this ever changing server has much growing to do, but I think it may be halted somewhat if I stick to one character and one corner of the server. I feel serving the family will give me a good springboard from which I may make more of a name for myself, and learn. And well RP-ing with an actual reputation and influence will open so many doors.

Let me know if you think i'd do well in the house! I've always wanted to join one.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. onlyathot

i am true to my word and want to help out those interested in nobility, so welcome aboard as a TRIAL member. we'll see how this works for about TWO WEEKS and then decide for certain.

6. onlyathot

rejected but welcome to reapply!

other news, page has been UPDATED!
    Natalia Ombre is now the head of the family.
    Welcome Luca Ombre @ScaleJam as a cousin who has a thing for snakes.
    Updated family ancestry and history!
    Looking for new hombres. :^)​

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. onlyathot

i am true to my word and want to help out those interested in nobility, so welcome aboard as a TRIAL member. we'll see how this works for about TWO WEEKS and then decide for certain.

8. HorizonCythulu

HorizonCythulu The Insane

IGN: HorizonCythenia
    Timezone: EST
    Discord: You have it
    Character Name/App: Francisco Ombre
    Reference(s): @_Malou @LeonIsLame @Unluckyyyy
    Bio (if original): N/A
    Goal (if original): I want to try out Noble Rp. I've been trying to get into a place and I've been interacting with it from the sidelines for quite a while. It's something that interests me and I want to go out of my comfort zone. I spoke to you on discord for this, and I feel like a place like this would be a great place to start.
    Position (if staff): N/A
    Letter (if staff): N/A

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. onlyathot

10. _e_money_

_e_money_ eater of nuggies

IGN: _e_money_
    Timezone: EST
    Discord: E-Money#1581
    Character Name/App: Ana Cuerdez (link)
    Reference(s): @_Unluckyy @ArtisticPlanet @DiabloDonut
    Bio (if original): N/A
    Goal (if original): I want to get into noble/surface rp, which I've struggled with as one of my previous characters. I'm not at all particular about which character I end up playing. Hopefully you can message me on discord and we can work something out.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #10 _e_money_, Aug 14, 2020
  11. SpooksDragon

SpooksDragon Back, maybe, I have no idea

IGN: SpooksDragon
    Timezone: Pacific Daylight Time
    Discord: You have it.
    Character Name/App: Valek Nef https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/valek-nef.86265/#post-974254
    Reference(s): You
    Position (if staff): Jack of all trades, (Guard, Cook, Entertainer, Tutor, Friend)
    Letter (if staff): Preciously told not required

• Like Like x 1