Noble Family House Nordhjem

Discussion in 'World System Entities' started by Annie_Short, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Annie_Short

Annie_Short that short girl Premium

[​IMG]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ⤜ House Name: Nordhjem.
    ⤜ Religion: Majority Old Gods.
    ⤜ Culture: Velheim with some Imperial Influence.
    ⤜ Lineage: Drahl with a Nautilaan cousin line.
    ⤜ House Colors: Persian Blue, Cyan, & Orange.
    ⤜ Main Trade: Fishing and the Prospecting of Hutter.
    ⤜ Values: Honesty, Loyalty, Courage, Exploration, and Wisdom.
    ⤜ Symbols: The Tytan owl, waves, and frost-capped mountains.

[​IMG]
    The Viduggla Family painted in 308 AC during Garth’s patriarchal period.
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔​
    Family Summary:
    House Nordhjem, formed now of members that once made the ranks of House Viduggla, House Nordhjem av Risøyhamm is the formation of Grand Duchess Tuija Nordhjem’s splitting from their previous house, to form a more refined household, the Matriarch taking from both her Velheim roots and her interest in Imperial culture and beliefs to bring further diversity and refinement to her Duchy and the way she intends to govern. Though many of the family have various different roots, some cousins being solely Velheim, and some Imperialized, it is rare that these differences are viewed within the household due to their outgoing upbringings, as the Velheim welcome most, if not all individuals regardless of culture or faith.
    Currently, the family resides in the Region of Vikofoten, basing themselves in the province of Risøyhamm, a larger province within their control, allowing them open access to the North Regal Sea and the Orsk Sea, two potential trade routes, weather permitting passage through the Frozen Flats, though also allowing access through the Drixefjords. House Nordhjem believes that the sea is where they belong, traveling from place to place in search of past civilizations in order to restore and refine them.

[​IMG]
    The fjord is located between the Sortland and Risøyhamm provinces. This area is usually covered in snow and in some areas the water is completely frozen over, making it difficult during some seasons for ships to dock.
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔​
    Family Biology:
    The majority of the members of House Nordhjem are Velheim with some form of Imperial beleifs, though they are often raised in the far North, where the Velheim are far more prominent than any Imperial influence, the family has found that through acceptance and expanding horizons, the family would become a beacon of cultural celebration. Some older individuals within the family still maintain purer roots, some being purely Velheim, though the majority are now a melting pot of the two cultures.

Concerning shared features, many of the members of House Nordhjem have brown hair, a trait passed down from their previous household and one that does not seem to be going anywhere. Other than that, their heights vary drastically, due to the mixing of two different cultures and the takeaway from their respective parents. Often enough though, the men remain close to the six feet, two inches mark, where women remain around five feet, seven inches, allowing a relatively large coverage of height between both genders.

[​IMG]
    The Nordhjem family usually carries darker hair with green or blue eyes. Pale skin is also noticeable but usually turns warmer tones once journeying to Regalia or other warmer regions. Men usually have strong features and the same with women usually in the nose or brow area.
    [​IMG]

Family Members:
    Playable
    NonPlayable
    Taken

Mainline Family: (Immediate relation to Matriarch)
    Marikka of House Viduggla, former av Medelpad - Bondwife of Ardige, 43 Years Old. Playable Here.
    The mother of Tuija and Aksel and now Kjaere to Ardige Viduggla. Marrika lives with the Vidugglas, staying with Ardige’s mother until called upon by the House for her skills.

Tuija Ardigesdottir Viduggla Nordhjem - Grand Duchess, 25 Years Old. - @Annie_Short
    The Matriarch of House Nordhjem, Grand Duchess of Risøyhamm, and currently, a Mistress of Celebrations in the Imperial Court. Tuija is known for her strongly honed intellect, having studied in the medical field and attended various schools regarding the art of diplomacy and statesmanship.

Aksel Ardigessen Viduggla Nordhjem - Politician, 25 Years Old. - @PoggleTheLesser
    The twin brother of Tuija Nordhjem, having honed his intellect alongside his sister, though in vastly different fields, Aksel boasts a keen understanding of Naval Tactics, taking after his father in that regard, as well as having studied in a diplomatic setting, studies which have lent him an interest in the political climate of Regalia.

Velheim Cousin Line: (Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, etc).
    Stålvinge Nordhjem av Storvolden - Duke, 50 Years Old. - @Greenie
    Great Uncle to the Matriarch Tuija Nordhjem, and a pureblooded Velheimer. Father to Leidolf, Svante, Ellisif and Sigmundr. Stålvinge is a Skjærenek Skagger, having learned at the Crag in Drixagh. He spent many of his younger years studying Marshallry, both at the Imperial Regalian Academy and Skole Militair Nordskag.

Sigrunn Nordhjem av Zastorrik - 49 Years Old - House Matron. Playable.
    The Sol-Kvinne of Stalvinge and mother of Svante, Ellisif, and Sigmundr, Sigrunn currently manages the Dukedom of Stalvinge whilst he serves in the Imperial Court, on his behalf. Skilled in alchemy and medicines, Sigrunn is a budding herbalist who serves the Velheim community by providing aides and treatments. (available!)

Leidolf Torstenøv Nordhjem - Tactician, 29 Years Old. - @Vivamente
    Cousin to the Matriarch, Tuija Nordhjem, and a pureblooded Velheimer. Leidolf remains the strong-arm of the family, a combatant trained at the Crag in Drixagh alongside the Skjærenek Skaggers, he is commonly seen in the Nordhjem war cabinet, if not working in the local guard.

Svante Viduggla - Skagger, Deceased.
    Second-born son of Stålvinge Nordhjem, once a Skagger of the Skjærenek Discipline, like his father before him. Svante perished during the Burning of the North, fighting in the battle of Ensomtreby in the Drixagh tundra.

Ellisif Nordhjem av Hylgeberge - TBD, 25 Years Old. Playable.
    Daughter of Stålvinge Nordhjem, a gentle soul yet to choose her path. (available & open to customization!)

Sigmundr Viduggla - Skagger, Deceased.
    Youngest son of Stålvinge Nordhjem, once a Skagger of the Skjærenek Discipline, though never having graduated from the school, Sigmundr fell at the battle of the Crag at the age of fourteen. Only two years since he first arrived at the Crag.

Secondary Cousin Line: (Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, etc).
    Roland Nordhjem av Medelpad - Commander & Tactician, 45 Years Old. - Playable.
    Brother to Marikka Viduggla, a Commander graduated from Skole Militair Nordskag. Born and raised in Medelpad, he lives now with his wife Mikaela, having taken up a quiet life after his military service and gained some hobbies with his new spare time.

Mikaela Nordhjem av Halseberge - Blacksmith/Artist , 43 Years Old. - Playable
    Wife to Roland, Mikaela is known for her renowned skills in smithing and other trades. She is well versed in many languages to extend her clientele across the Archipelago though most of her clients were residing in Regalia. This gave her an insight of the Imperial culture which blossomed there and she used it in her own life and also to influence some of her children’s beliefs. She lives with her husband and after raising three kids she takes a more relaxed approach to life.

Mikael Nordhjem av Upplanda - Seafarer and Explorer, 24 Years Old. - @LeonIsLame
    Firstborn of Roland and Mikaela, Mikael was always drawn to the sea and what it had to offer, representing the family as a captain, explorer, and scholar across the Regalian Archipelago and Nordskag. Mikael is a very friendly face who never backs down from a wager and is always interested in learning about the unknown.

Cerys Nordhjem av Upplanda - Sammun & Scholar, 23 Years Old. - Playable.
    Cerys, the twin of Viktoria, upholds the beliefs of their family and dedicates their life to being a Sammun for the Old Gods religion. During this time they studied both diplomacy and finance before finding themselves attached closely to their faith.

Viktoria Nordhjem av Lundenes - Archaeologist, 23 Years Old. - Playable.
    Viktoria, the twin sister of Cerys, took after her eldest sibling in a few ways and dedicated herself to finding what is lost. Viktoria attended riding and took up many hobbies to help in her search across the Archipelago to study the old civilizations from centuries prior. She has also found a path with Unionism over the Old Gods after finding herself more aligned with their beliefs and intrigued by their roots.

Application Process:
    IGN: (Self Explanatory).
    Preferred Character: (Ellisif, Roland, etc).
    Character Concept: (Describe how you want the character to be, you don’t need to stick to the set roles for each character, there is plenty of freedom to be had).
    RP Weaknesses: (An example: Political Roleplay).
    RP Strengths: (An example: Combat Roleplay).
    Player References: (References aren’t required, but getting someone to vouch for you doesn’t hurt).
    Reason for Applying: (Why do you want to join us, are you interested in your first noble experience, or perhaps you’re stepping down into a quieter roleplay experience, something a little more comfortable than previous experiences?)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

• Powerful Powerful x 19
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #1 Annie_Short, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  2. Annie_Short

We are actively recruiting! I Will have a house staff and guard page set up soon but DM me if that interests you!

#2 Annie_Short, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  3. King_Sylar

King_Sylar

IGN: King_Sylar

Preferred Character: Mikael Nordhjem av Upplanda (If it’s ok, could Mikael be exchanged for Soren? Mainly because I would want my main character to roleplay as a noble)

Character concept: A skilled fighter in glaive and unarmed combat, many find it surprising that Mikael is a good mannered and law-abiding fellow. Polite to all, in private and public, he upholds his family’s honour with reverence. At 6’2 with an athletic body and smoothly sculpted face, he gets looks from the local markets where he visits often. Mikael makes it a point to know how to cook should he need to sustain himself without servants. He is not very outspoken, but can maintain conversation if needs be, with difficulty of course. At two ends of the spectrum he is either found in the Regalian Library with his nose furrowed and buried deep into the crevice of a book, or in the Arenacourt, perspiring due to his lucid movements and agility. As the oldest of his siblings, he cares for them and is overprotective. Overall, a friendly representative of the House. Recently he has taken a liking to collecting antiques and items of histrocial value.

RP Weaknesses: Political Roleplay, though willing to give it a try.

RP Strengths: Combat Roleplay. A bit of lore Roleplay.

Player References: @CritThis , @RaggedyGrace

Reason for Applying: I want to spice up the noble RP with a bit more interaction with commoners. On the other hand I would love to coincide with the royalty too. In Regalia, I am seeking diversity in activities between social classes, and becoming a noble is, in my opinion, the best way to do it. Also, new House pog.

#3 King_Sylar, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  4. Annie_Short

Please message me on discord and we can discuss a few things! Discord:《◭Annie◮》#1073

5. DahStalker

DahStalker Pollo

IGN: Papi_Pollo
    Preferred Character: Ellisif Nordhjem av Hylgeberge
    Character Concept: A simple shield woman who admires writing, hunting, horse riding and cooking. Simple and sweet. Enjoys socializing full-heartedly as well as combat events once in awhile.
    RP Weaknesses:Probably Political rp. Never done it before on massivecraft though have experience on different platforms.
    RP Strengths: Event-planning rp, CRP
    ⤜ Player References: I suppose members of the Cadieux family and my friend ChapterDeath
    Reason for Applying: I think it’d be nice to roleplay as a noble to interact with my friends within that rp scene without roleplaying another of those “I want to be in noble scene pls” commoners as Lhoris. This family also looks unique and interesting as a try for my first noble rp.

6. Annie_Short

Forgot to reply to this on here but we have discussed in DMs (sorry for the ping!)

7. LeonIsLame

LeonIsLame certified eboy

IGN: LeonIsLame
    Preferred Character: Mikael Nordhjem av Upplanda
    Character Concept: Mikael is a seafarer through and through, having spent a large chunk of his life away from his family travelling foreign lands. He is often loud and likes to joke around, even if people don’t share his sense of humor.
    The young man loves telling people stories of his travels and places that he’s been too, often exaggerating in his descriptions. One of the more Imperial members of the family, he has also developed a large interest in fashion, being almost never seen without some form of his signature white fur.
    Mikael is quite curious, though he much prefers travelling and talking to people than reading about things in a dark room.
    RP Weaknesses: I struggle in larger social settings, which I of course want to try and change by participating in and perhaps organizing more events, and by playing a more extroverted character.
    RP Strengths: I fare pretty well in CRP, political roleplay and while roleplaying with smaller groups.
    Player References: @Simslp , @FutureTeller
    Reason for Applying: I have been a bit absent from Massive in the last couple months, and I miss noble roleplay especially. I really like Velheim and Imperial culture, and I haven’t had the chance to make a character of either of those yet. I’m also hoping to maybe find some new people to roleplay with outside of my typical friend group.

8. Annie_Short

Accepted for a trial run!! (as discussed in DMS) I'll be sending you over everything shortly!