House Loughall

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Northern_Ireland, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Northern_Ireland

Northern_Ireland Official Account for the NI Secretary of State

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brewed from the antique and ancient lands of Ériu-Innis, where strife and difficulty run as open and free as the winding rivers to the coast. House Loughall, a name meaning "From the Lake" in the native Ériunnach tongue. The House's name was forged by it's first Túathach, Finnagán Loughall in the early seasons of 300AC.

The family has only known strife and greed. While many shun the name for it's sinful nature and lust for coin, the Túathach and those alongside it believe it to be a reassuring truth. All men are greedy, all sins derive from greed, be it lust, wrath or gluttony. The first step in taking advantage of it is first wording it as true, for this there is no doubt good Finnagán does such. Thus the early years of the House saw family members and associates banditting and profiteering across Ériu-Innis and the region of countryside outside the region's capital, Tír na nÍriel. These years saw the family bare fruit, both in infamy and material wealth. What started as banditting expanded into the occupying of business and factories, at it's height amassing several ships under it's command alongside a small band of companies and real-estate, garnering huge finance the family still holds today in the form of genuine Ériunin Emeralds.

In 308AC, following the realization that while the family's true ambition lay in their homelands, the policy and future of Ériu-Innis lay in the claws of the fat-cat elite of the Regalian Empire, situated in their estates spawned across the Regalion Archipelago. The move the family took to these unholy shores cost them dearly, a dreaded miss of their homelands clawing at their souls as they walked the jetty to a new life. But if the family was clad in greed and lust, they had come to the right place. For the Holy City contains greater wealth and opportunism for power than any backstreet or grove in the Isle of Emeralds.

Léigear muid an méid a chuireann siad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Men | The men of House Loughall typically stand shorter from about 5'4 to 5'8 in height, stocky shoulders and firm forearms breaking them apart from the typical stock of Ériunin natives. Typically black of head and containing eyes ranging from hazel to grey. The Loughall have the unique trait of changing eye colours- not terribly noticeable, but a spectrum of hues from brown to grey chance gradually every few days. Fashion is important, to demonstrate wealth and culture is paramount to the family. For this men can typically be seen adorned in woolen tops and Fichtán (capes) made of linen or cotton with thick black or brown leather boots and belts strapped finely together by bronze bucklework.

Women | Women fare similar to the men of the house. Standing on average slightly taller than average, similar to the men of the house at 5'4 to 5'10 in height with smaller feet and hands. Their hair colour typically varies from a dark blonde to jet black, similar to the men of the house. They adorn themselves in cotton or wool dress, though among some of the more elegant- prefer the Imperial styles of dress, so long as they keep to the traditional Ériunin colour schemes of course. True wealth is demonstrated by both genders with the use of bronze and emerald jewelry, women typically adorning green emerald earrings and bronze bracelets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finnagán Loughall | Túathach of House Loughall | A gritty and characteristically-blunt man, known for his fines at commanding small batches of men or bandits to do his bidding effectively. Criticised by many for his ruthlessness and greed of ambition while commended for his organisational and administrative adeptness. @Northern_Ireland

(Family Tree and family portrait will be placed here after three characters are created.)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Boulevard's Pigeon | Full Ownership | A newspaper and printing press company founded in the Regalian Boulevard. Known for their primary source reporting and interviews with people of interest. Much of the company's income comes from advertisement placement and press sales. Currently distributing across the city proper with deliveries to nearby estates and shipping companies.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1: Acceptance is based on perceived competence and decent reputation. While previous mistakes are understandable, the ability to act in a mature and respectable manner is a requirement.

2: Adherence and knowledge to Ériunin lore is a must. There are plenty of other families that can be applied to, our niche is our strict customs and adherence to the culture.
    3: Activity in game is required. While this character does not necessarily need to be your main, you will need to be on multiple times a week.

4: Loyalty and working to the ambitions of the house is required. While there is some wriggle room for the sake of character development, those actively looking to damage the house or loyal members will be removed in-game.

Application

References:
    OOC Username:
    Proposed Character Name:
    Proposed Character Concept:
    Any previous noble or commoner family experience?:
    General activity level??:
    Roleplay strength?:
    Roleplay weakness?:
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans+ reason?:
    Reason for applying?:
    Discord:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    #1 Northern_Ireland, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  2. Farly108

Farly108 Lanky Leg Extraordinaire

OOC Username: Rep_of_Ireland
    Proposed Character Name: Seamus Loughall
    Proposed Character Concept: A younger brother to Finnegan who is a trader and a naval captain
    Any previous noble or commoner family experience?: Your aware of it
    General activity level??: a solid 7
    Roleplay strength?: Im Ameable and generally level headed
    Roleplay weakness?: I can sometimes get a little tunnel vision and focus on only a singular thing
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans+ reason?: None
    Reason for applying?: I want to be involved with this kind of commoner family
    Discord: You have it

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Northern_Ireland

Glactar leis! @Farly108

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wexford

Wexford

References: @mayino
    OOC Username: Wexford
    Proposed Character Name: Pádraig
    Proposed Character Concept: Pádraig is definitely less culturally nationalistic/patriotic than other members of the family. Being on the younger side, his long term goal is to somewhat modernise the gap between Éirunian tribesman and civilised imperial. This is possibly most obviously witnessed in his choice of clothing - less in line with his cultural background, and more in line with what he believes to be more progressive in his quest for peace between tribesman and Imperial.
    Any previous noble or commoner family experience?: I played a character in the Noble house "Bigge" though I no longer think they are a functioning house.
    General activity level??: I'm online at least once a day, and I'm sure our timezones match up?
    Roleplay strength?: I'm rather competent when Roleplaying, you'll rarely find me mess up on my spelling or grammar.
    Roleplay weakness?: I become slightly intimidated in the presence of high ranking server members (e.g. staff), which can slightly hinder roleplay experience with them. though I am getting over this with time.
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans+ reason?: nope, the slate is clean.
    Reason for applying?: I'm Irish and so the Ériunin culture is already significant for me.. and being apart of an Ériunin house just makes that all the more special.
    Discord: Wexford#6955

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. Northern_Ireland

Glactar leis! @Wexford
    Two week trial will begin when your character application is posted, welcome aboard!

6. 8914

8914 civilian_scream(3).mp3_ooeeee

References: @Farly108
    OOC Username: diedonny
    Proposed Character Name: Cormac Loughall
    Proposed Character Concept: a loud bruiser, son of the eldest. probably a drinker
    Any previous noble or commoner family experience?: od albions, bunch of commoner families
    General activity level??: 8/10
    Roleplay strength?: I'm good with crowds of people and large gatherings, event-type situations etc
    Roleplay weakness?: long, drawn out sessions. i'm terrible at carrying scenarios by myself if the people i'm with don't have much interest in whats going on.
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans+ reason?: you know ;)
    reason for applying?: very interesting family concept, we've run together in the past many times.
    Discord: you have it you ape

#6 8914, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  7. MrBlwe

MrBlwe Refugee

OOC Username:MrBlwe
    Proposed Character Name:Connor Loughall
    Proposed Character Concept:Connor is an overprotective younger brother who is finely tuned to fit in with nature, for a long time he acted as a mercenary using his tuned senses to nature as his primary way for hunting down his targets. He would primarily use the prog skill of Maritime Tactic skill or Command Tactic skill, not 100% sure which one yet.
    Any previous noble or commoner family experience?:Od Albion, Weismann, and a little bit of Drachenburg.
    General activity level??:5-6(Potentially dropping to a 4 with school starting soon)
    Roleplay strength?:I'm skilled at detailing emotes, I'm a competent CRPer, and I have a deep understanding of character development and arcs as a writer myself.
    Roleplay weakness?:I struggle to start roleplay, leading me to be online and doing nothing a lot of the time, it has been one of my major issues since joining massive but it's something I have been trying to remedy.
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans+ reason?:None.
    Reason for applying?:I like how a lot of members in this family roleplay(we were a part of the same family for a while), and I also am very fond of the specific culture of the family, and although I'm not the best with it yet I would like to learn more about it.
    Discord:You have it

8. garlusa

garlusa WHAT THE SCALLOP

OOC Username: Gar_Field_
    Proposed Character Name: Charlotte Loughall
    Proposed Character Concept: Charlotte would be a more kept to, stoic woman. Though because she's so kept to and quite, often times its hard for her to engage in conversations with others, specifically at events. Besides that, Charlotte always takes care in keeping up to date with Regalian fashion, along with possessing a love for jewelry and various sweets. She'd find her skills lying in Diplomatic case study, along with having little knowledge in Society and fast blades. The fast blades for the mere purpose of self defense if needed.
    Any previous noble or commoner family experience?: I stuck with od Albion for some time before we eventually self dissolved, same goes for Weismann. Along with a bit of care free noble rp with various families.
    General activity level??: 6 or higher, [dropping to a possible 4 or 5 once school comes back]
    Roleplay strength?: I've always been good at keeping conversations going, whether it be political talk or small irrelevant laid back rp.
    Roleplay weakness?: When it comes to my roleplay weakness it's probably my lack of vocabulary.
    Mutes/jails/temp-bans+ reason?: Nope
    Reason for applying?: I'd like to get back into a business type roleplay, along with exploring a new culture entirely.
    Discord: Gar#0813

9. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

Loughall ambush 1987

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Northern_Ireland

Glactar leis! @diedonny @Gar_Field_ @MrBlwe

11. Northern_Ireland

Family Applications are now closed, DM me on discord if you've any issues.

12. Jalapeno690

Also what is this fake language???? Not Irish for sure or Ulster Scots, considering loughall is a plantation village that I live 15 mile away from, hmmmmmmmmm

13. Northern_Ireland

fuck I live 15mins from it too

14. Jalapeno690

In
    Interesting, very interesting, might drive another digger bomb into the police station for the bant

• Informative Informative x 1