House Petrou

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by festiveCorvid, May 5, 2020.

1. festiveCorvid

festiveCorvid Product of German Engineering Premium

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Race: Pure Avanthar
    Family Culture: Etosian/Avanthar mesh.
    Religion: Horopadosi-Evintarin Unionism
    Physical Traits: Large, physically imposing Avanthar.
    Tenets: Militarism, Betterment of Yourself and The World Around you, Eugenics and selective courtship.
    Family Trade: Religious Tariffs, Technological Research, Naval Powers for Hire
    Family Symbols: The Rokh
    Family Colors: Cyan, Red, Black​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The first recorded instance of House Latimer, at the time Quoatol, was during 239 AC, when a fleeing tribe of Avanthar reached the city of Lenna Bas in Daendroque. Of course, the family was never well off for the majority of their stint in the city, scraping together a living through a combination of odd-jobs, mercenary and Guard Work, along with theft of food. Despite this poor start, the family continued to cling on, sending their eldest son, Ulba’lley Quoatol to the region's naval academy for tutoring as a naval officer.

As the family grew, it became increasingly dependent on sending their sons and daughters off to war to provide for itself, eventually leading to a mass movement of House Quoatol to the Regalian Archipelago during 263 AC, finding their way to Hellatia because of the presence of the Horopadosi sect. This resulted in a strange, novel mixture of the Avanthar concept of Genos, Unionism, and Etosian cultures. Until recently, the family remained unnotable, offering their services to the local lords as commanders, admirals, and officers of the various armies, but most notable was Ulba’lley Quoatol, who went to the State fleets, becoming a member of the Admirality.

Because of Ulba’lleys service, the family was inevitably given a minor plot of land within Athos, where the family continued to operate from as a minor, mostly irrelevant family. However, with the Dread War and Clicker Crisis, came uncertain times. Rebranding themselves as House Latimer, the family began a rapid climb to power, capitalizing on Ulba’lley, now Abelhard’s ascent to member of the Imperial Marshalry Cabinet, and the power vacuum the Clicker Crisis, they were landed and Abelhard became the Baron of Athos.

Unfortunately, the year following would be a rough one for House Latimer, acting on a yet unwritten defensive pact with a coalition of nobility in Kintyr, they’d wage a defensive war against Houses Harhold and Albion, face a number of political controversies, and take the brunt of many issues made by Abelhard. However, a number of things turned up for the family at the end of 308 AC, where the Citadel of Proagogi was established, the Sendrassian Conflict started, and Abelhard made a quick ascent to Count, then to Duke in 309 AC.

Later in the year, the reigning patriarch rose to the title of Grand Duke. However, in a move to make himself truly loyal to only the church of Etosil, he disowned all but several family members, took on the name Petrou, and consolidated his power. Currently, house Petrou sits as one of the great naval powers within the Archipelago, maintaining an ever-present technological edge in the field of warfare with the scholars of the Citadel of Proagogi, and constant building of it's navy, while enforcing strict religious standards in it's governance.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    (The information below must be gained IC)

upload_2021-2-15_17-19-11.png
    The above is a comprehensive family tree of House Latimer. The Green marking indicates a branch that moved to Calemberg, while the Blue Marking indicates a heartlander line. The rest are the Avanthar/Etosian Mix.

Played Latimers
    • Abelhard Latimer / Avanthar / Patriarch of House Latimer
    • Fleur Latimer / Avanthar / Daughter of Madlene, Sister of Acelina
    • Acelina Latimer / Avanthar / Daughter of Madeline, Sister of Fleur
    • Eigoth Latimer / Half Elf / Adopted Son of Abelhard
    • Tebryn Latimer / Avanthar / Son of Abelhard and Lloatael, Brother of Emmeline
    • Emmeline Latimer / Avanthar / Daughter of Lluitalen, Sister of Tebryn
    • Katrin Latimer / Avanthar / Daughter of Sylvia Latimer, Niece of Abelhard
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Simple process here. Pick a Latimer that is currently not already played on the family tree, and we can hash out the details of what you want to play.

IGN:
    Previous Characters:
    OOC References (3 Maximum):
    Character you wish to play:
    Character Age:
    Why do you want to play a Latimer (Yes, just having fun is a valid answer here)?:

[​IMG]

(Aesthetics done by the fantastic @Northern_Ireland !)

• Powerful x 15
    • Winner x 3
    • Cuddles! x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Constructive x 1
    #1 festiveCorvid, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  2. IGutTheMidasTuch

IGutTheMidasTuch colony of worms in a vaguely humanoid disguise Supremium

best house ever 10/10 not biased at all.
    cool people, cool people indeed.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Anseran

Anseran Ifrit Enthusiast

@festiveCorvid plays Abelhard very well and I'm interested in seeing where he goes and the role-play he creates with the Family!

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. _Owlet

_Owlet Nelfin Redhead

IGN: _Owlet

Previous Characters: I've roleplayed several past characters, including former Maxence Peirgarten(now Vandervelde), Ernesta von Rahm/d'Vaud, Alexandra Rote. Then a few commoner characters here and there. Ever since I started I've primarily role played in the noble sphere, though the past year I dropped from the scene due to certain personal circumstances.

OOC References (3 Maximum): @DiabloDonut , @Mistles , @Lewis_McEnd

Character you wish to play:
    Fleur Latimer.

Character Age: 21 years old

Why do you want to play a Latimer (Yes, just having fun is a valid answer here)?: I've recently been struggling to find an interest in my current commoner character, Ylva (a half varran). And I was hoping getting into a family and hopefully finding some new people to roleplay with, would spark my motivation and creative juices (so to speak). I've always loved roleplaying nelfin especially and the idea of roleplaying a half elf aristocrat seems extremely inviting and a new path I've not taken before. I've got several ideas for Fleur in mind already so I do hope you consider me. I'd love to just make some new roleplaying friends and have a good time!

@festiveCorvid

• Creative Creative x 1
    #4 _Owlet, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
  5. festiveCorvid

Accepted on a one month trial!

Ill find you on disc!

6. Goldifish

Goldifish texan (derogatory)

i like this

• Like Like x 1
  7. AColorfulPigeon

AColorfulPigeon Acelina Litvinova<3

IGN: AColorfulPigeon
    Previous Characters: I roleplayed as a few noble characters such as Emilia Dietrich and Griselda Heinrich. I have also roleplayed as a few commoners such as Adelina De Cherro.
    OOC References: @HeyitsNano @Yanar @_Owlet
    Character you wish to play: Acelina Latimer
    Character Age: 18-22 years old. (I'm not sure where she would fit into the family, so I am flexible on the age).
    Why do you want to play a Latimer: I want to play a Latimer because I have heard great things about this House. Recently I have been looking to get back into the Noble scene, but have been struggling finding a good group for me to roleplay with, and this House seems like an enjoyable environment.

• Like Like x 1
    #7 AColorfulPigeon, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  8. festiveCorvid

Due to my unfamiliarity with you personally, but good references, I will be accepting this on a trial period of 1 month.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. PresentMediator

PresentMediator You betcha Supremium

IGN: PapidaPumpkin
    Previous Characters: Vaell'aer Drulvaar, Zzalangua Mu-Yaotl, Borros Richareid, Benjamin Journey, etc.
    OOC References (3 Maximum): @AWildRhia (Can include more if needed!)
    Character you wish to play: Was hoping to reach out via discord to negotiate a character choice!
    Character Age: [Via meeting]
    Why do you want to play a Latimer (Yes, just having fun is a valid answer here)?: Yes!

I'm looking to join a underdog noble family, and Latimar caught my attention. I'm hoping to choose one of the available characters born into the Latimar family, whether this is one of Abelhards children, a brother, parent, etc., is something I'd like to work out in discord PM if possible! Something the family needs, as well as something I will enjoy playing actively.

Vaell'aer has been my most active character, but he is in the undercity scene which restricts some of my roleplay. I'm hoping perhaps now is the time I created another main and active character in the noble scene, where I can receive in character guidance from a noble character to dip my toes in the water and learn noble rp at my own pace!

@festiveCorvid

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Educated Educated x 1
  10. festiveCorvid

God fuck its far too early in the morning for this but accepted under 1 month trial. Ill contact you shortly.

11. victoriYUH_

victoriYUH_ Barbie Girl in a Barbie World

IGN: _ToriDori_
    Previous Characters: Darcy Medlaine, Natasha De Breveux
    OOC References (3 Maximum): @LilBeast_24 @indyfan98
    Character you wish to play: Maine "May" Latimer (Character Concept, happy to give further description over Forum conversation.)
    Character Age: 17
    Why do you want to play a Latimer (Yes, just having fun is a valid answer here)?:
    I'd like to play a Latimer because in all honesty, I need some noble family experience. All my characters are single and have no living family, and I'd love to learn more about the lore/military/political side of RP, even though I only have two brain cells left. This sounds fun! :D

12. festiveCorvid

Unfortunately, I am going to have to REJECT this for a number of reasons. The primary one is that I have personally never interacted with you OOCly or ICly, which means the only thing I ever have to go off of is the words of others. Second, there have been concerns raised about your conduct of roleplay, which makes the fact I do not interact with you more troubling. If you have any questions, please message me over discord at festiveCorvid#6969, and we can hash anything out. You may reapply within 1 month if you still want to play a latimer and feel you have amended the previous issues.