House Glaucus

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by essentialess, Dec 16, 2020.

1. essentialess

essentialess purveyor of milfs

[​IMG]

┬┈┈┈┈□┈┈┈┈┬

[​IMG]
    ┬┈┈┈┈□┈┈┈┈┬

"Delecta auro plusquam mortem times."
    Love gold more than you fear death.​

[​IMG]

cocoa crest on da way

•·················•·················•

Family Name: Glaucus.
    Meaning: of a light bluish-gray color. A surname given to them by the Etosian people upon arrival.
    Culture: Etosian.
    Colors: Blues, gray, gold, white.
    Symbols: Alembics, lapis lazuli, smoke clouds.
    Trades & Interests: Alchemy, finecraft, statesmanship.
    The Lazuli Syndicate
    Religion: Depends on the individual. All members are “on-paper Unionists.”
    Wealth: Well-off commoners.

[​IMG]

The origins of House Glaucus trace back to the Ka-Maraya who were first nourished and hatched by Ailor on the northern shores of Daendroque, around 262AC, not even five decades prior to the current date. In Hessalios, the house has always been a disturbance to the proud Etosian natives, with an elusive history purposely obscured by the House’s elders.

The Glaucus family’s short lineage has always struggled to assimilate with the Etosian people, who harassed the Maraya after their sudden and unwelcome arrival within their lands. It took years of the Founders' mindful Slizzar cunning, business savvy, and strategic donations to the church for the family to gain any common ground with the people of Hessalios. Once situated in the land, the house Heads began to elevate their financial means through strategically assuming the perfect forms of the city’s most influential men and women. Through this method they eventually gained a portion of the deed to one of the island’s richest minds. From then on, they established a trade in finecraft where they would extract precious materials from the landmass at a fraction of the cost.

The family’s hardships didn’t wash away as soon as they became moneyed, however. As the hatchlings grew up, the Etosians became increasingly worried about their children mixing with the Maraya youths. Nicodemo and Rosita resigned to arrange marriages for the second generation as soon as possible, and tie them down. Though resourceful creatures, finding Ka-Maraya that would be willing to marry, let alone settle in Etosil as foreigners, was a difficult task. Yet, it was an essential move to grow the family’s trade and legacy. The two resorted to buying two young, Skyfallen Ka-Maraya from Daendroquin slavers, and had them marry into the family in 277 for the sole purpose of reproduction. Their eldest, Isocrate’s, was married as well, but under private means that the family does not deign to discuss even to this date.

In later years, the family would move beyond the trade of finecraft alone. Their children were afforded decent education, and some of the members used their economic and legal expertise to make a living by more independent means. Not all took to their Elder’s way with the Etosians, however. While they were dedicated to honest, conservative trades, managing to fit in was a mountainous feat. They weren’t blessed with their adopted parents’ natural Slizzar cunning, and lacked the same charm that originally allowed them to mingle freely with the locals.

E
    arly into his marriage, Timaeus, Xenia’s husband, fell ill with an easily curable case of Yazzak Disease. If it weren’t for his poor relationship with many of the city’s other tradesmen, he would have survived the illness. Instead, Hessalios’s best clinics refused to see him, and he would rapidly succumb to the disease before anything could be done to stave off its symptoms. This was the greatest wrongdoing the family would face since arriving on the island, but the youngest generation of the Glaucous family would grow up among more hostile citizens as the Founder’s connections slowly waned with the changing of hands in the government. In recent years, the Etosians have a soured opinion toward the family’s presence, without any powerful names to vouch for the House.

As of present day, the youngest of House Glaucus have turned to more clandestine means of accumulating wealth. With their finecraft business failing, some have turned to the Monzon Knight order, conning, and using their knowledge of statesmanship to support any shady investors that might appreciate their expertise. While this has brought the family an obscene amount of coin, as of late, the younger members have managed to tarnish any positive reputation the family had left. Fortunately, recent news of their lost heir’s survival, and the appearance of the Home Fleet in Regalia has drawn the family to set aside their roots for good and join him in the Crown City. They believe that merging their finances, and embracing their knowledge of the Underworld will usher in a new age of not only affluence, but true power and infamy.

IC Long-term Ambitions:
    ⊱┊ Ascend to the aristocracy.
    ⊱┊ Gain a title.
    ⊱┊ Become landed.
    ⊱┊ Establish a monopoly on alchemical warfare.
    ⊱┊ Successfully launder all Syndicate money until they are clean.

[​IMG]

┬┈┈┈┈□┈┈┈┈┬

Physical Appearance: Appearances do not vary greatly in the Glaucus bloodline. The surname comes from the likeness of their skin tone, which has been consistently blue-grey throughout the bloodline. Both male and female members have masculine-leaning physical traits, especially in their frames. Most family members possess short black and large, mouflon-Esque horns. The men, however, typically have full (but well-kept) beards. Distinct pastel green and purple irises are a common sight. They are tall, athletic people, with heights ranging from 5’10-6’2.

Shared Values: Integrity, persistence, business savvy, innovation, self-perseverance, and safeguarding family secrets.

Origin & Culture: Hessalios, Etosil. They are the descendants of Skyfallen Maraya who emigrated to Etosil and assimilated with the culture over the decades. House Glaucus stood out for numerous reasons, but the founder's persistence and a knack for people-pleasing were enough for them to thrive within the area. In recent years, the family has adopted more liberal views, straying away from the conservatism of their elders. While conservatism was essential to be tolerated in Hessalios, the younger generation has developed a much more open-minded set of ideals, willing to conduct business with nearly anyone - no matter their creed, so long as the relationship proves itself to be profitable for the family.

[​IMG]
    Teal - Available, Purple - Taken, Maroon - Deceased or Unavailable, Blue- Requires a special interest in the storyline.
    Feel free to pitch a character as well!

[​IMG]

⊱┊ First Generation

Nicodemo & Rosita Glaucus (?) - Two Slizzar in mundane Daendroquin shifts, fleeing from a botched political scheme in the capital. The two managed a small shop as pawnbrokers, laying low in exile. In 261, a Home Fleet breeding chamber crashed into the northern shores of Daendroque. Many Ailor collected these eggs, raised them, and traded them. This circulation led to Nicodemo and Rosita getting their hands on a clutch of three, which inspired them to take on Ka-Maraya shifts and move out of the province to the neighboring land of Etosil, where they would begin new lives under the guise of a completely foreign people.

⊱┊ Second Generation

Isocrates (46)
    - The first hatchling from Nikodemo and Rosita’s found clutch. Raised in Hessalios. In his youth, he shirked all his responsibilities as the eldest child and squandered every allowance. This led Nicodemo and Rosita to take more direct action over his future, which became the blueprint for how they would control his sister’s lives as well. He was known for his idealistic world views, as well as his temper. In the end, Isocrates’s passionate ways led to his untimely death in the bowels of Regalia, 277 AC.

Lyssandra (?) - Isocrate’s lover, and perfect form. The two were situated in a privately arranged marriage as soon as he came of age, without Isocrate’s knowing that their relationship was pre-meditated. Nicodemo and Rosita sent them to Regalia to discover new ventures. After the events surrounding Isocrates’s death, Lyssandra returned with one of their children and spun a story that would cover what actually transpired, and still leave her in the family’s good graces.

Xenia (46) - The eldest daughter of Nicodemo and Rosita. A free spirit with a great love for finecraft arts. Married off at sixteen to Timaeus. Following her husband’s death, however, she’s grown to be more embittered and reclusive.

Timaeus (46) - Husband of Xenia. Outdoorsman, great with animals, terrible with people. A Skyfallen Maraya owned by Ailor in Etosil, brought into the province with his clutch mate Herkleios by Daendroquin traders. Sold to the only other Maraya family in the area once he came of age, along with his brother. Fell ill due to Yazzak disease and died while his children were hatching as a victim of malpractice.

Theodosia (46) - Married at sixteen to Herkleois. Nicodemo and Rosita’s youngest child. A true perfectionist who demands only the best from her husband and children. Has the capacity for cruelty.

Herkleios (46)
    - Husband of Theodosia and brother of Timaeus. A burly, reserved man with a penchant for the arts.

⊱┊ Third Generation

Xanthippe (30) @existentialess - The forgotten heir of the family, adopted by Kathar in Regalia after Isocrate’s death. Has staked claim of the household, mainly due to a rapid accumulation of wealth via drug trade in Regalia.

Aeistophanes (30) @kirishark - The “surviving” child of Isocrates and Lyssandra. Raised in a Ka-Maraya shift for most of their childhood.

Timo (30) @StevenWeen - Eldest child of Xenia and Timaeus. A Monzon Knight and the “right hand” of the family, has her mother’s zest for life, and her father’s poor sociability.

(Alex)Xandros (30) - Golden child, a jack-of-all-trades. Timaeus’s favorite.

Alexis (30) @LeonIsLame - Last hatched of Xenia and Timaeus. Raised in the shadow of Xenocrates, his brother, and namesake.

Pelagia (30) @Chivuu - Daughter of Theodosia and Herkleios. (A tribute to Pelagius the Mad.) Witty, unstable, cunning.

Sophos (30) @fairytears - Son of Theodosia and Herkleios. A budding prodigy who is slowly carving out a name for himself.

Ligeia (30)
    @Malir_Bromtor - Last hatched to Theodosia and Herkleios. The black sheep of the family, moody and argumentative, yet pure at heart.

Hyacinth (22) @onlyathot - Bastard child of Herkleios and an unknown lover.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ⊱┊notice┊

1. Being part of the family means working together ICly and OOCly to achieve common goals. Don’t take the character and run! Quality conduct is very important, and any unnecessary destruction ICly/OOCly will come with consequences.
    2. I like concept diversity, but it’s still worth discussing whether or not the pitch you have in mind is right for the family! We want mundane characters, but light aberrancy might be permitted depending on how good the pitch is! Creative freedom means a lot to me, so if there’s an idea you want to try and execute, don’t be worried about giving it a try.
    3. You don’t have to be a Maraya or Etosian lore expert or a super experienced roleplayer to get involved. RP is supposed to be fun, first and foremost. If you’re nervous, or unsure about lore, just reach out!
    4. After your trial, if you need help executing a good skin for your character, just let me know.

[​IMG]

Username:
    Discord? (Can be PMed.)
    Mutes/jails/bans?:
    Roleplay Activity:
    Past Character Applications:
    Roleplay Experience?:
    Strengths/weaknesses?:
    Roleplay References? (Get permission before using someone as a reference. References aren’t required, but it helps!):
    Character Pitch:

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 essentialess, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  2. eggmouse

eggmouse matutinal sweetheart

looking forward to rping in this family !! super cool concepts <3

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Bellorie

Bellorie suvial supremacy

sounds interesting!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. essentialess

I love your pitch for Pelagia! I'll get in touch with you on Discord. :>

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. LeonIsLame

LeonIsLame little german boy

Username: LeonIsLame
    Discord?: Leon#6060
    Mutes/jails/bans?: None
    Roleplay Activity: 5/10 | I'm unfortunately born European, which hinders me in playing with Americans due to the time difference, I can promise that I try to rp as much as possible though.
    I'm able to stay online the longest on the weekends.
    Past Character Applications: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/corrin-lucius-illsynai.87920/ | https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/lyndis-alea-naegwyn.84639/
    Roleplay Experience?: House Guard for House von Drachenburg, Member of the Solifuge
    Strengths/weaknesses?:
    Strengths: I am eager to always improve my Roleplay and take criticism well.
    I'm a creative person and generally positive, which I think is important in a social enviornment. I try to help people as much as I can.
    Weaknesses: I tend to get abit hectic sometimes due to my slower than average writing speed, because I don't want to make people wait during roleplay. My English could use some work here and there, due to it only being my second language. I sometimes overthink things, which also causes me to stress out.
    Roleplay References?: @Simslp @Aibori
    Character Pitch:
    I don't know which character would fit this, I think we could work something out together.
    A rather eccentric and odd personality, they are a passionate fashion designer, having spent time studying from a famous designer in Ithania, only now returning to their family.
    They stand out by all means, not only due to being the bastard child of the family and a Nol-Maraya, but also due to their general behaviour.
    They are overly positive, carefree, somewhat irresponsible and like to go to parties. They love to entertain and be around other people. They like to pick up various hobbies, more often than not dropping them after a week or two if they find they are not inherently talented.

In reality, they crave attention, which is why they intentionally change their personality.
    They've played this character for so long to get the acknowledgement and attention of others to a point where their real personality feels alien to them.
    They want success in their career because they want people to notice their accomplishments.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. essentialess

We'll work something out. >:D

7. essentialess

Updated because there's only playable member of the 3rd gen left, and four of the 2nd Gen, whose RP would certainly have to tie in with their children. May close applications once the last 3rd gen is played!