House Du Pont Corps: "the Salamandra"

Fatherland

Merchant
Reaction score
The Salamandra

spirite15.jpg

OJmmW4n.png

Once colloquially known as the Silver Shields, the Salamandra serves as house du Pont's standing guard force. The organization had previously been of little note during du Pont's earlier generations, oft finding themselves deployed for mundane tasks. As such, the name "silver shields" was bestowed by the particular matriarch Marie du Pont, in which she pridefully noted that, "Neither dirt nor blood shall sully the bulwark of our defenders." While the matriarch may have intended this to be a dash of pacifistic flair for the posh guard force, it ultimately attributed to a flurry of public mockery the body received. Extravagant, costly and wholly incompetent, the Silver Shields was perhaps one of the many signs of house du Pont's decaying influence during the latter 200's AC.

Demoralized, underfunded and low on manpower, the Silver Shields were on the verge of collapse near the turn of the 3rd century AC. Reflecting the state of a dilapidated and decadent dynasty, the elevation of an enigmatic Gregor du Pont rattled the organization to its core. Enacting a flurry of reforms, the nascent patriarch ordered a thorough purging of the ranks, sacking cronies and leeches that had used the weakness of du Pont to siphon money into their own coffers. Needless expenses were done away with, gold trimmings scraped and sent for the crucible, and extravagant weapons melted down in favor of utilitarian mass-production. With prudent stewardship the body was restructured, rearmed and filled with a host of lowly soldiery. Pompous Viridians were outsourced by Bloodcasts, Tenpennies and the occasional Lancyon. The Lord du Pont's final act before re-instituting the organization was rebranding them as "The Salamandra," removing any association the body might have once had with their predecessors.

Steered under the direct leadership of Gregor du Pont, the Salamdra were utilized frequently by the lordling during his clandestine pursuits. Charged with the collection of otherwise exotic alchemical reagents, contingencies of the guard force would often directly accompany their lord on expeditions afar, trekking through countryside and wilderness to see his ambitions though. So too would they engage in hunting beasts valued for their product. This caused something of an unofficial split in the guard, with the local Champagnard recruits being allocated for estate and baggage duties while imported Ceardians and Leutz-Vixe were lumped into Gregor's personal retinue. While some busybodies attribute a variety of misdeeds to the force, word remains primarily heresay and conjecture with little in the ways of quantifiable fact.

Presently, the Salamandra finds itself under the control of Edmond du Pont. With Gregor's unexpected abdication, workings in their headquarters at Loiree have gone eerily silent. No budget or crew slashing has yet to be seen through by the current greenhorn of a lord, with recruitment now focused in the Crown Metropolis itself.

OJmmW4n.png

⚜Ranks⚜

The Salamandra's current iteration possesses no known formal ranking structure. The reigning patriarch, Edmond du Pont, leads the Crown Metropolis detachment directly.

OJmmW4n.png

⚜Rules and Rights⚜

• Rights to wear A cuirass/chest-plate of plate armor of any kind. (arms/neck/head may not be armored)
  • Rights to wear a chain-mail skirt/hip-guard, no further armor. (legs/feet may not be armored)
  • The right to bear weapons in open carry, but not military grade.
  • The right to defend any member of a Noble household from aggression.
  • The right to perform citizen arrests on attackers against said Nobles.
  • The right to transfer citizen arrests to City Guard Authorities.

• House Guards may only be a member of one House Guard at a time.
  • House Guards may not simultaneously have employment in the City Guard.
  • House Guards may not simultaneously have employment in other Charters.
  • House Guards may never act as the aggressor and only defend during attacks.

OJmmW4n.png

⚜Roster⚜
[currently undisclosed]

OJmmW4n.png

MC Name:

IC Letter:

Character Application Sheet:

1216052917_111maa1.jpg

Last edited:
MC Name: scyldwite

IC Letter:
Dear Edmond du Pont,
I'm a Graklak fighter seeking employment. I'm competent, strong. Maybe not the best with weaponry, but certainly with my fists and dusters. I'll do as I'm told. Thank you for reading.
From,
Amilio Rosario

Character Application Sheet: In the works

MC Name: Magivore
Character Application Sheet: Wilfre the Magnificent Magivore
IC Letter:
Dear Edmond du Pont,

Your particular order has been brought to my attention, specifically the fact that you running it. You have proven your worth through onslaught on the Arken Claire, and therefore, I believe you are man I am ready to fight alongside. Consider me for your future hunts.

Your friend,
Wilfre Vaendit

MC Name: ShipIt.
Character Application Sheet: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/tullion-kearney.58956/
IC Letter:
Dear Edmond Du Pont,
After working along-side you I wish to seemingly continue, in which your order has interested me ever since. If you would consider my hand in helping you, with my skills of magic and general weaponry it would be greatly appreciated. You have my trust.

From,
Tullion Kearney.

MC Name: DeltaInsomnia

Character Application Sheet: Leanardo Kenarte II.

IC letter:
Archduke Edmond du Pont,
I pen this letter to you with this in question. A battle bard? One for protection and for a elevation for your ears. I'm applying for the Salamandra under the circumstance that I've heard of your millitary work and work as Hightower Lord Commander. And I'd be very happy to serve under such a man, sincerely yours - Battle Bard Leanardo Kenarte.

@Fatherland