House Deceres

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Scribbe, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Scribbe

Scribbe Scribma Male Staff Member Lore1

House Deceres
    [​IMG]

A lilac-eyed bear clutches a similarly coloured bolt of lightning against a rising black sun; older depictions of the crest lack lilac eyes and the lightning bolt entirely.

[​IMG]
    Name: Deceres (Dess-eh-res)
    Colours: Maroon, black, lilac.
    Culture: Imperial.
    Symbols: Bears, lightning bolts, towers.
    Religions: Unionism & Dragon Worship.

[​IMG]
    Synopsis:
    The Sons of Théliau, House Deceres is an old family of knights and soldiers; each aware of their Viridian ancestry, they seek to maintain a bastion of honour, conduct, and martial skill among the commonfolk of the Empire. Never holders of land, the Deceres were nonetheless present and in service of Regalia in every major conflict, from the Skagger Wars to the Dread War, gaining token acknowledgement during the reign of Emperor Cedromar I, wherein Nathan Deceres was made his Knight-Consort. Although the marriage was short-lived, the House was nonetheless kept within arm’s reach of the crown, made the stewards of Calvonth, a castle in north-western Corontium. Headed by Nathan’s son, Lyonel, they strive now to uphold their duty, and prove that honour transcends class and code.
    [​IMG]
    Family Details:
    Physical Traits

Deceres are typically heavier-set than most, even their women being relatively stocky and broad after generations of military service bringing together strong parents. Their most defining facial features are a strong, squared jaw and a large, aquiline nose. Their eyes tend towards tones of grey, green, and pale blue, while their hair is typically a mousy brown or black.
    The children of Nathan are Avanthar by blood though not culture, as Nathan was born a half-elf and later raised to Humanum, while their mother is an Avanthar altogether.
    Ailor Deceres are typically of the Brannon or Drahl lineages.
    Morals & Values
    House Deceres adheres to a typical moralistic worldview hinged on the classical knightly values of honour, honesty, mercy, and loyalty- these typically come naturally, as Deceres are strongly pushed by their family towards knighthood, usually Bloodcast. The House professes that strength of character and moral value come from the person, and not from adherence to a code; in this manner, some have justified taking up as mercenaries rather than knights at all, though not without judgement.
    Occupations
    House Deceres heavily prefers knighthood as a way of life over any other; failing this, they typically take up military vocations, usually as soldiers or sellswords. Those who suffer from illness or injury that might prevent fighting in person altogether are usually corralled towards command away from the frontlines, so that they may still prove themselves honourable even without a weapon in their hands.
    Culture
    House Deceres claims Imperial culture, though it is more accurate to say it aspires to Imperial culture; facets of New Regalian and Anglian are more prevalent than others, such as male primogeniture and attachment to Dragon Worship respectively, particularly among the Ailor Deceres due to the cyclical nature of culture in the Imperial City that they have been based in almost since inception.

[​IMG]
    Recent Family Tree:
    [​IMG]
    Named Characters:
    Beatrix & Annelise (115) - von Kërle twins; the oldest living Deceres, both are Bloodcast knights, loosely representing the family’s code in a fashion that only von Kërle could. They are vicious, witty, quick to laugh and quicker to violence. Their age lends them wisdom, but receiving it takes a particularly gentle mood. The twins are never far apart; one is never present without the other.
    Harrold (47) - More similar to Nathan than any other, Harrold is dour, cold, and critical, though his recent joining with the Blackguard has made him somewhat slower to anger. He is nonetheless patient, even if not particularly intelligent.
    Rohanne (44) - Rohanne is perhaps the most personable of the older Deceres; analytical, wry, but with a particular sardonic streak, she bears the red cloak of the Bloodcast, taking honour and honesty somewhat less seriously than the rest. She prefers a greatsword.

[​IMG]
    OOC Notes:
    I’m not looking for many other members of the house- maybe four more at the very most. That said, I’m also looking for a decently high standard of character. My intention is for Deceres to have a very clear-cut, core identity as honourable, level-headed, and reasonable; this isn’t to say that people who join can’t let loose on the character at some points, but that I’m looking for good IC and OOC conduct and as such will scrutinise applicants accordingly. I am willing to supply new entries with a skin after I’m sure that they’ll stick around; I also intend on making space in Calvonth for new entries, but again, this is only after I’m sure it’ll be a frequently played character- not necessarily a main, but definitely active enough to warrant putting the work in.
    TL;DR:
    -Expectation of good conduct IC and OOC with adherence to family theme.
    -Willing to provide a skin and space in Calvonth for characters that stick around.
    -No expectation of a Deceres being your ‘main’, but activity is expected to justify making a skin and making space.
    [​IMG]
    Application:
    IGN:
    Discord:
    Timezone & Activity:
    Reason for applying:
    Brief character pitch: You may pitch characters that fall under the 'TBD Siblings', 'TBD Bastards', or 'TBD Cousins' label. However, Rohanne's children are unavailable at the moment.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 Scribbe, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  2. _e_money_

_e_money_ eater of nuggies

IGN: _e_money_
    Discord: ☆| e-monke#1581
    Timezone & Activity: EST // Most active late noon to early evening
    Reason for applying: I want to try out a different kind of character
    Brief character pitch: Sibling // "Ophelia" // age: 30 // Ophelia holds her family in high regard and joined the Bloodcast Knights in order to maintain the family tradition. She has a serious demeanor that often comes off as callous, but at her core, she is a very caring individual.

3. Scribbe

Accepted on trial.

4. Audianna

Audianna Barking up a tree but I'm the wrong type of bitch.

IGN: Audianna
    Discord: Audianna#1978
    Timezone & Activity: Eastern. 8/10, I'm online most of my day, and I can usually get on whenever but not on Sundays.
    Reason for applying: I think it would be fun, and I like the house concept. Plus, I think it would be fun to play a knight.
    Brief character pitch: Cousin! Ursula Deceres, a bloodcast knight in her mid 20's to early '30s. She's very loud and proud of her family in general. Ursula has a competitive soul to her friends and family usually over games but can be seen in sparing as well. She is a very playful person overall but knows when to stop.

5. Scribbe

Accepted on trial; we can talk further details in private.