Holden Soliseum

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by DrHasagi, Sep 1, 2019.

1. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

»»————- ★ ————-««
    [​IMG]
    »»————- ★ ————-««

[​IMG]

»»————- ★ ————-««
    [​IMG]
    »»————- ★ ————-««

Name: Holden Leo Soliseum
    Title: Ser/Sir
    Nicknames: Hols
    Race: Fin'ullen Altalar
    Sexuality: HAMMER ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    Preferred Weapon: Warhammer/Maul

"For as long as I stand, I will protect you."
    [​IMG]
    »»————- ★ ————-««

[​IMG]

»»————- ★ ————-««

Core
    +16 Two-Hand Blunt Combat
    +10 Fist Combat
    +3 Linguistic Science
    +3 Sorcery
    +3 Ritualism

Talent
    +10 Strength
    +5 Strings Intrument (+5 Talent)
    +5 Perception (+5 Talent)

Hobby
    +10 Sailing Art (+5 Hobby; +5 Fin'ullen Racial Boost)
    +5 Pathfinding Art

Body Shape
    Physical Stat: 25
    Ripped Body Shape
    Average Body Fat

2.5 + 5 + 16 + 10 + 10 = 43.5
    Racial Cap: 25 [Fin'ullen]

Languages
    Common | Fluent; Free
    Modern Altalar | Parent Language
    Daendroquin| Fluent; Native Language
    Wa'an | Fluent​

Special Traits/Spells/Mutations
    Altalar (Fin'ullen)
    Age Control I | Toggle Passive | Self: The user is able to change their visual appearance to be of any age within the adult age ranges at any time. This transition is near-instant and may affect wrinkles, skin, hair graying, and more. After toggling an age appearance, any Counters do not revert changes, they only prevent further changes until the Counter is removed.

Arken Sense I | Toggle Passive | Emote Distance: The user is able to detect an Arken, Arken Soul, or Arkenspark, if it is present within Emote Distance. This Ability is not constant, and must be activated to sense, but has also no cooldown and is instant.

Arcane Mastery I | Exist Spell | Emote Distance: The user is able to control aesthetic Arcane functions, such as letting a broom brush the floor by itself, letting dishes wash themselves, opening curtains with the wave of a hand, lighting candles with the flick of a finger, opening (unlocked) doors with the flick of a wrist and more. None of these functions may be involved in Combat Roleplay, but there is no limit to the amount that may be running at any given time, and there is no cooldown.

Morlond Gift I | Void Spell | Self: The user can use this Ability to cause their eyes to turn ink black, with ink streaks running from their eye sockets. While Morrlond’s Gift I is active, the Character has night vision, thus being able to see in low-light situations, while also being immune to any Ability or Mundane based Darkness or Blindness effects. This Ability acts like a Toggle Passive, meaning it can be enabled and disabled, with a 10 second cooldown after being disabled. Activating Morrlond’s Gift after Darkness or Blindness has been applied does not remove it. Morrlond’s Gift I, II and III may be active at the same time.

Morlond Gift II | Void Spell | Self: The user can use this Ability to transform themselves, giving them webbed feet and fingers, as well as gills in their neck (also giving the ability to speak normally underwater), while hair is replaced by fins, with fins also appearing on arms and legs. While Morrlond’s Gift II is active, the user can breathe underwater, and swim equally as fast as Mai-Allar underwater. This Ability can be maintained indefinitely, but after cancelling it, has a 24 hour cooldown.

Morlond Gift III | Void Spell | Self: The user may summon a melee weapon from any body of water (including a hip-flask). This weapon will materialize and still appear like rapidly flowing water, but be as tough as steel, even under water. The user may choose to make the weapon pass through certain people and not through others. This weapon may not leave the user’s hand, or be handed off to others. After the weapon has been Countered or un-summoned, it has a 10 second cooldown. If no open body of water is nearby, the user may as a last resort cut open their own hand and summon a weapon from their blood, otherwise it does not work.

Skin Purge I | Toggle Passive | Self: The user can toggle this Passive to remove choice or any and all scars, Mutations, tattoos or other blemishes that affect only their skin. Skin mutations may include pigments, scriptures, textures, but for example not horns, despite them being covered in skin and sticking out of the skull. Mutations stay gone forever, but scars may be caused to re-appear at will, and may also be removed again at will.

Ulley's Prayer | Immobile Channel | Self: The Altalar can kneel with their hands in prayer above their head, which causes a small bubble of magical energy to form around them. As long as they hold up this prayer posture, the bubble will remain. This bubble cannot be pierced through by any Ability or mundane attack, ranged or melee, counting as a shield. The Altalar additionally cannot be targeted by any Ability while within the bubble.There is enough space inside the bubble for the Altalar and one other person, but no more. The other person inside the bubble can leave, but cannot re-enter after they leave.

Sorcery [Spirit]
    Overwhelming Force [Sorcery Spell]
    The Sorcerer can collect their energy into their hands, producing a powerful attack every 4th attack. The Sorcerer must use three mundane attacks. After landing a third attack successfully, the fourth attack becomes an empowered attack which causes an Overwhelming Force strike. If a weapon is used, the foe is knocked back by 5 blocks forcibly, even if they block or parry the attack (only dodging it will prevent the knockback). If Unarmed Combat Proficiency is used, instead of the 5 block knockback, the foe is forcibly slammed to the ground, having to stand back up again to continue fighting. This ability does not activate for anyone struck while prone on the ground. In both instances, the Overwhelming Force does not actually do more damage. This ability can also be used defensively, but only while holding a shield. If the shield is attacked three times in a row, it will activate Overwhelming force, and during the next blocking attempt, it will cause anyone attacking the shield to be launched five blocks backward and have their weapon ejected from their hand. Stacks for offensive and defensive cannot stack at the same time, if a successful hit has landed, the Sorcerer has to hit another 2 hits and use their Overwhelming Force before they can start storing defensive stacks with their shield.

Fired for Battle [Toggle Passive]
    The Sorcerer gains a Passive effect that they can activate. This effect can cause a multitude of effects to take place, which the player may choose from, in any combination, in any quantity; not all of them need to take place if the player does not want them to. These functions are purely aesthetic:

• Superheated skin that causes mild discomfort when touched
    • Eyes with a glimmer and glow like a fire with fluctuating reds and yellows
    • Hair starts gently dancing upwards as if an upward draft of air is keeping it up
    • Increased visibility in vascularity
    • Gentle steam rising from the skin
    • Visible reddening of the skin
    • Visible darkening and reddening of the eye sockets
    • Darkening of the nails and fingers becoming bonier
    • Shredding of the skin from the forearms exposing muscle and tendon as if it was torn away
    • A faint outline glow of red, orange or yellow colors, or all of them like a flame
    • Seeping illusionary blood or foam from the mouth that disappears soon after dripping

Ritualism
    Ritualist's Implement: Ritualist Power [Emote Distance] The Character can physically engrave items and weapons with unique ritualistic runes. These runes can glow with any color the Character chooses while the Character is within emote Distance of them, and can be turned on and off at will by the Character. Additionally, a single weapon engraved with these runes becomes ‘hand seeking’ for the Character, which means when dropped or lost within Emote Distance, the Character can hold up their hand it will fly back to their hand (unless held by another person, or otherwise unable to physically return, i.e, behind a wall, buried under rubble, destroyed, etc .) This Ability counts as an Object Enhancement.

Ritualist Phaseblade: Ritualist [Passive Touch] The Character can transform any weapon they are holding into a ghostly weapon that glows faintly and leaves a trail of smoke in its wake. This does not effect the functions of the weapon.

Sailing-Yacht Vessel ~ "El Mundo"
    Sailing Art includes maritime cartography, sailing, fishing, makeshift boat repair, ocean navigation and sea-side survival. When 10 points are invested, your Character owns a personal Yacht-tier, a non-military vessel that can be used to ferry characters across oceans in Progressions without Proficiency Regals being spent for supplies or the trip itself. This ship cannot under any circumstances be armed, be destroyed, or be used to have any impact on military Progressions, but can generally outrun any military vessel chasing it, and even attempt to speed past blockades (with a fail chance), but cannot carry considerable resources, large amounts of money, or any troops, beyond a max of 10 characters.

[​IMG]
    Face Claim

»»————- ★ ————-««

[​IMG]

»»————- ★ ————-««

Eye Color: Dark Blue
    Hair Color (Natural): Dark Blonde
    Hair Style: Medium-long and sort-of messy, very slightly reaching his shoulders.
    Skin Color: Fair skin
    Clothing: Usually in noble-esque attire. Wears looser clothing whenever sailing. Simple hunting boots for footwear. Wears half plate and the colors of House Fristadvlom while on House Guard Duty
    Height: 6’0
    Pantheon (Atreus) from League of Legends
    [​IMG]

»»————- ★ ————-««

[​IMG]

»»————- ★ ————-««

Alignment
    Neutral Good

Personality Type

The Defender ISFJ-A

Religion
    Faith of Estel (9/10)

[​IMG]

»»————- ★ ————-««

[​IMG]

»»————- ★ ————-««

Birth - Age 29
    Holden Leo Soliseum was born on 217 AC. His father, Aeson Soliseum, was a Fin'ullen Altalar; his mother, Liana Ci'len, was a Teledan Altalar. They lived a common life in a medium-sized house in Daendroc, though Aeson was normally out fighting in pits since that was their main source of income. That, however, did not stop him and Liana from providing Holden a decent life; he was taught how to speak Modern Altalar, as well as a bit of Common, though Holden was more fluent in Mo-A. He was also taught their religion, the Faith of Estel, at a young age.

At age 20, Holden had been keeping himself in healthy shape; he took long mile jogs, as well as other exercises. Later that year, his parents had wanted to teach him the ways of magic and how to be a sorcerer, Liana being one herself. Aeson also wanted Holden to train to be a strong fighter someday so that he may be able to defend himself, as well as maybe even follow in Aeson's footsteps as a pit fighter. Holden gladly took the offer, starting to train even harder, only resting for meals and sleep, as well as meditation and studying the Faith of Estel.

Age 30 - 89
    Holden had been growing rather strong, getting a bit better in his sparring matches with Aeson. He still went to better his skills by any means, picking up different weapons, though he favored the Warhammer, but also performed decently with the spear that his father passed down to him. Such actions lead to Holden's rather altruistic behavior. He eventually grew and felt strong enough to fight in pits at age 42.

Once becoming a pit fighter, Holden was often looked down upon by his opponents due to being an Altalar, and they assumed he wouldn't necessarily be very strong. However, after many dedicated years of training, Holden had proved to be a decent and competitive fighter in the pit, which carved his rather altruistic behavior further. Upon showing that he was a skilled and strong combatant, he was offered to fight in a coliseum in Rikeland, and he'd be paid more than what he makes from pit fighting. He first thought to decline, as he did not want to abandon his family, but his family promised that they'd be alright, and recommended that he go.

Holden had been fighting in coliseums for a year now, having almost forgotten the image of his parents, with his only memory of them being the necklace that was given to him long ago; a parting gift from Aeson. However, his next fight surely paved the way for Holden. In the crowd was Dagr Markusson av Fristadvlom, accompanied by his son, Elofarn Fristadvlom. Impressed with Holden's skills, Dagr offered to adopt Holden into the family, though mostly upon request from Elofarn. Having forgotten the meaning of family, Holden had decided to go for it, as well as to protect Elofarn like a brother. They allowed Holden to continue following the Faith of Estel, though Holden occasionally studies Unionism. From that point on, Holden was considered a Fristadvlom, but did not take the name due to legal reasons.

Present
    Holden's usual altruistic personality had eventually returned, though it had become a mix with a bit of cockiness, and a rather frisky personality due to hanging around Elofarn for so long. He usually sails with him on merchant trips, their most recent being Regalia since the Fristadvloms wished to move there. He clings to the feeling that his real parents are still alive and doing safe, and someday hopes on reuniting with them. For now, he swore to protect his new family, and those that are close to him, no matter the cost.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    #1 DrHasagi, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  2. Tibertastic

Tibertastic Man of the People

I will be claiming this application.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tibertastic

Hello! A STRONG Altalar, that's what we love to see. Good luck in the pits.

Approved.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

Thank you!

5. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

Bada BUMP

6. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Please tag your reviewer in the future whenever you make any edits to a character application, especially in this case with the Proficiency Update. For now, tagging your reviewer, @Tibertastic

7. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

Ah, my apologies. I'll remember to do that next time

8. Tibertastic

Hello.

Claimed and shall be done soon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tibertastic

Looks good,

Approved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

@Tibertastic edited my profs. Changes made in this color

#10 DrHasagi, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  11. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

12. Tibertastic

Looks good,

Approved.

13. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

@Tibertastic Updated after the Sorcery Update. All new changes are in this color!

14. HydraLana

I am taking this application.

I am approving the application, but I would recommend some changes to the Preferred Weapon category in Basic Information if you feel so inclined. It is just a list of what he has as his Proficiencies. I would state only one to emphasize that it that one tool his preferred or favored weapon.

15. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

Will do, thank you!

16. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

@HydraLana Recently got infected by Xilthruum. Added Zikiel mutations + proficiencies for whenever he is infected (check spoiler). All new changes are in this color

17. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

Forgot to change title tag. My bad

18. HydraLana

Re-Approved.

19. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

@HydraLana Vampirism Stats/Mutations have been set to "inactive" as Holden has been cured

20. HydraLana

Remains Approved.

21. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

@HydraLana Updated my physical stat calculations, as well as some small point exchanges in profs. Added "will of the arcane" also. All changes are in this color.

Side note:

I am quite sure that I may have miscalculated

22. HydraLana

From what I can see, you have not, Re-Approved.

23. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

@HydraLana Added hobby points. (+10 musical arts)

24. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

@HydraLana Changed "Shielding" to "Unarmed" since I've never really used shielding

25. HydraLana

Remains Approved.

26. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

@HydraLana Been a while but I felt I should update this app. Changes are in this color!

• Changed one sorcery spell (Who Needs Skill to Overhwhelming Force), thus making Spirit his only sorcery school

27. HydraLana

Re-Approved.

28. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

@HydraLana Heya! I finally got around to updating this
    • Pole Combat reduced to +10
    • Unarmed Combat reduced to +9
    • Athletic Training increased to +10
    • Linguistic Knowledge reduced to +3
    Overall, all changes have been made in this color!

29. HydraLana

30. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

@HydraLana Heya! Came to update this sheet. All changes made are in this color!

General Changes:
    • Full point change
    • Physical stat updated
    • Subrace changed from Teledden to Fin'ullen

31. HydraLana

Please note on the application the Physical Stat cap of 25 for Fin'ullen.

32. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

@HydraLana A mistake on my part, oops! I put it in the calculations spoiler tab but forgot to do so on the actual physical stat. The edit has been made

33. HydraLana

34. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

@HydraLana Heya! Bit of a small update (changes in blue!)
    • Two Handed Blunt Combat reduced to +16
    • Fist Combat reduced to +10
    • Added +3 Ritualism (mutations noted in Special Traits/Spells/Mutations)

35. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main

Approved, continue to ping past reviewer though.

36. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

@HydraLana heya! Updated his racial abilities, and as always, overall changes are in this color

37. HydraLana

Re-Approved.