High Reverend Address 12/2/307 | A Purging Of The Wicked

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Wumpatron, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scribbed by the Hand of Johann Buchanann, Curate of the Sancella in Regalia

[​IMG]

It is with a heavy hand and a heavy heart that I write this response. The Nonnatean Order is meant to function for the purposes of charity and behavior befitting of a Samaritan. It focuses as the balance between the reverends and their preaching of the creeds and the aid of the impoverished and the needy. The preacher and the provider. Devoid of political inclination and malice, only spreading the message of Unionism and promoting faithful values.

Why then does this singular Reverend Mother deface and denounce the actions of the Synod? To speak of the secular nature of this institution is a grave insult and to imply such in a brazen fashion as if to pass it off as scripture. It hurts me to be forced into addressing this from no less than one who is meant to share in the vision of the Synod. The vision that I have foreseen since taking office as High Reverend only this past week.

So as to address the implications, it is true. I have seen fit to send funds to the noble House Harhold in light of the ongoing conflict. Was this action questionable? Absolutely. Given the very nature of past relationships with previous High Reverends and the Synod with House Harhold and various other noble lords one can begin to presume a great many things. The political nature and corruption ever apparent and obvious over the years. So why not pass this same blame as yet another High Reverend performs the same? Why not view my actions as political and nothing more than that? Those who feel this way, I do not blame. But I wish to set this record clear and true as I wish for the decisions of the Synod to be transparent, not masked by a clever facade of false gospel and political intrigue.

The Count Harhold came to my person, asking for Synodical support for him in the war. I declined. For such a position to be taken by the holy body of the Synod would set a precedent of which we could never recover. A path that I am devoting every ounce of my energy to removing the Synod from these actions. Upon this decision the Count begged for only one thing, for funds to be sent, not for the purposes of war, but to aid in providing shelter and food for Ailor lives.

The decision was not made to slight anyone or to draw support to any one single cause as it has been interpreted. To deny charity for a begging man and his people is a grave crime against Ailordom. House Harhold is not blameless, not at all. In fact their crimes against Ailor lives over the year is ever apparent to deny such is blatant ignorance. But I could not deny providing charity for those who asked my person directly for it.

In doing so I have slighted those who pledged themselves faithful to the Synod. And because of this I offer a humble apology. For in providing alms to one who asked them of me I have caused harm to those who were silent but arguably in greater need. I could not account for the harm caused to the Rourke baronies and as such have failed them. Rather than deny my failings I acknowledge them fully and will work with the Synod to rectify this issue as we will offer the same charity to those displaced by the conflict. To the Eastland Archrevery and the Archrevery of St. George's Penance, anything that you require you need only ask. And I hope that we can mend the damages I have caused.

I ask for the greater nobility and aristocracy for any monetary support that can be offered to carry out this mission. It matters not if you support House Harhold or House Reinard. Viddugla or Yates-Varley, or Black. There has been much Unionist blood spilled. Much Ailor blood spilled and regardless of the outcome, we must remember that only as one Ailordom may we persist and expand our Empire across the wide reaches of Aloria. And I pray that I need not make the same mistake again. For I only hope for a unified church. To those interested please provide your offering to the Synod and we will carry it out to the churches to distribute it.

To refocus back to this single Reverend Mother, I recant your seat amidst the Reverends of the Synod. My predecessor saw fit to allow you a seat for moral guidance, but I now see your views are corrupted by blind following and gossip rather than seeking out the truth of one's intentions. You had the opportunity to speak to my person but chose to drive a wedge into this holy church and work to further sever relations between the Synod and this Unionist congregation. It pains me that you have chosen this and I pray that your Order can salvage you to the Unionist cause once more.

Furthermore the Synod will no longer engage with this individual and would warn to accept anything more than charity from them as their interpretations of the Unionist doctrine is morally questionable. I pray that they find peace with the Spirit. They have become a wicked, miserly woman, who has made their political ambitions ever apparent to deface the nature of the Synod and to uproot the holy body of this Empire. From this point forward, the Reverend Mother Margaret Henriche is considered persona non grata in the eyes of the Synod.

As a closing statement, I wish to state plainly that the past politics engaged by the Synod is to remain in the past. The nature of the Synod is to provide moral guidance to the faithful and the entirety of Ailordom beneath this holy Empire and we work towards rebuilding that image and function. To dwell on one's mistakes prevents one from carving out a greater future. I pray I needn't address this issue any further.

Oratorio Ode,

His High Holiness Henri I
    High Reverend of the Synod

[[TL:DR The High Reverend responds to the Reverend Mother Margaret Henriche. He admits to his mistakes made involving House Harhold, but also questions the intent of the Reverend Mother. As a result she has been made persona non grata to the Synod on grounds of moral ambiguity and corruption. ]]

• Powerful Powerful x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

[​IMG]

The Regalian Judiciary wishes to clarify to the public that the High Reverend has no authority to declare anyone Persona Non Grata in the eyes of the Regalian Law, and he uses this term merely in the context of his own conclave. The Regalian Judiciary also wishes to inquire as to whether the High Reverend is issuing a Writ of Sin on this individual officially excommunicating her from the Unionist Church or if this is merely a non-binding, non-effecting decision of the Synod as a whole.

A declaration to this effect would be most appreciated.

Grand Justicar Rodderick Howlester
    Sovereign Prince of Gallovia
    Titles, titles and titles.

@Wumpatron

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Educated Educated x 1
  3. KK134

KK134 Regalian Pioneer

"Spirit. The Synod has fallen low sisters." Margaret said shaking her head a slight frown on her face "To respond to guidance in such a way as this... I would expect this of a child. A great many errors have been made. I only hope the church can be salvaged from this."

4. G0atfather

G0atfather The G0atfather

Damon read the letter and squinted, bringing it closer to his face. "He's asking for donations? It's his blunder, he should bloody well pay for it. The audacity..."
    [​IMG]

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  5. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

As it concerns the Regalian Judiciary, this is purely a Synodical decision within the conclave itself. I do not intend to issue a Writ of Sin as the person has not done anything against the faith itself. We merely wish to separate ourselves from them to avoid their politics tainting the nature of the Synod.

Signed,
    His High Holiness Henri de la Riviere