Vulthuryol Hrothgar

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by skhosh_, Feb 13, 2021.

1. skhosh_

skhosh_ Vulthuryol Hrothgar Staff Member Game2

Basic Information
    Name: Vulthuryol Hrothgar
    Current Occupation: Private Military Freelancer
    Race: Ailor, Nautilaan Lineage
    Culture: Velheimer
    Sexuality: Straight
    Preferred Weapon: A One Handed Dwarven Axe, a Sword, and a Light Bow

[​IMG]

Skill Information
    +50 Age and +10 Hobby = 60 Total Points
    Ability: Favored by the Sea
    Combat:
    +14 Axe Combat
    +14 Sword Combat
    +13 Light Bow Combat
    Hobby:
    +5 Sailing Art
    +5 Hunter Art

Schooling:
    +3 Command School

Sorcery:
    +3 Magic Bolt I

+3 Darkness III

[​IMG]

Body Shape
    Physical Stat Limit: 30
    Muscular Body Shape and Low Body Fat

Education
    Warfare School: The School of Marshalry
    Discipline of Marine Command

Languages
    Skodje
    Common Language

Visual Information
    Eye Color: Brown
    Hair Color: Brown
    Hair Style: Low Fade Combed Over to the Right
    Skin Color: Tan
    Clothing: Brown Fur Boots, Brown Robes With a Fur-Lined Mantle and a Hood
    Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

Personality
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Personality Type: Commander
    Religion: Dragon Worship

[​IMG]

Life Story
    Childhood:
    Vulthuryol Hrothgar was born as an Ailor within the upperclass of Ellador. Both him and his parents are from the Nautilaan Lineage. Vulthuryol was born in Ellador and was apart of the Velheimer culture. This is how Vulthuryol learned his native language of Skodje. Both of his parents practiced the religion of Dragon Worship where he later followed suit. Due to his families close presence to the sea, Vulthuryol Hrothgar sought out command of his own Marine Expeditionary Force within the northern region of Aloria. Vulthuryol's parents where extremely hard on him and had him practice his weaponry skills for 5 hours a day after the age of 7 till he turned 18.
    Early Life:
    Vulthuryol Hrothgar later attended the School of Marshalry at the age of 18 where he focused all of his energy into the discipline of Marine Command. This would allow him to fulfill his goals of commanding Marine Forces within the northern region of Aloria. Vulthuryol graduated the School of Marshalry at the age of 22. Vulthuryol has always had several leadership traits since his youth and it was his goal to become a well know commander within Ellador. He later developed a more chaotic and extreme mindset when it came to leadership roughly only a few years after his graduation from the School of Marshalry. It is unknown why but most believe that is is from his Velheimian culture and tough lifestyle from the drive to succeed from his upperclass parents. His parents where extremely hard on him which forced his drive to succeed even further.
    Later Life:
    From the ages of 22-34 Vulthuryol Hrothgar was a dedicated and tough officer who lead Marines through several battles. He eventually rose to the position of Assistant General at the age of 35. After Vulthuryol's time within Military service he freelanced within several different private military forces around his home region of Ellador which he still does to this day.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 skhosh_, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  2. Scribbe

Scribbe Scribma Male Staff Member Lore1

I'll be taking this app for review!

#2 Scribbe, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  3. Scribbe

Took me a little while to get back to this one, sorry!
    Seeing as you're new to the Proficiency system and RP in general, I'll give you as brief a walkthrough of character app stuff as I can.
    Skill Information
    50 Age + 10 Talent + 10 Hobby + 5 Racial Boost = 75 Total Points

You have your point count here mostly right, only that the +5 Race boost doesn't really count to your total; it only applies if a minimum of 5 points are invested in the given Proficiency.
    For example, as a Nautilaan, you have the choice of a single +5 bonus to Admiral Command, Captain Command, or Sword Combat, but only if you invest 5 points into it beforehand. Since you don't have any of these Proficiencies listed, Vulthuryol isn't eligible for any of these boosts. Nautilaan do have a few Racial Abilities however, that you can find here.​
    Combat: Axe Combat and Light Bow Combat
    Science: Alchemy Science

Combat and Science Proficiencies count as Core Group Proficiencies; this is to say that they have an upper investment cap of 20 and can only be invested into with the Proficiency points you get from Age; your race boost can still apply in here if you were to pick Sword Combat over Axe or Light Bow, but you can't apply Talent or Hobby points here. You can find information on the Alchemy system and its Proficiency requirements here, and information on the Light Bow system here.​
    Talent: General Command and Stealth Rogue
    Talent Proficiencies have an upper investment cap of 10 and can be invested into with your 10 free Talent points as well as Proficiency points from Age; your race boosts to Admiral or Captain Command can also apply here. You can find more information here on General Command (note that you'll have to operate under a noble or as a Regalian Marshal to make use of this in Progressions) and here on Stealth Rogue​
    Hobby: Sailing Art and Hunter Art
    Hobby Proficiencies have an upper investment cap of 15 and can be invested into with your 10 free Hobby points as well as Proficiency points from Age. Hunting Art doesn't have any system benefits, but Sailing Art does, found here, that can be made use of in Progressions.​
    Education
    Warfare School: The School of Marshalry
    Attending the School of Marshalry is fine, since Vulthuryol is an Ailor.​
    Discipline of Marine Command
    Discipline of General Command

Being taught in two different Disciplines of Marshalry strictly isn't allowed, as stated here. You'll have to pick one and remove the other.​
    Primal Affliction: Dragon Wardens
    Being a Dragon Warden is something you can only acquire in-game through interaction with the Primal community, so this will have to go; these are usually around the Dragon Temple near /tp Knights Quarter in Regalia, but you'll have to spend some time building relations with them to even be considered for becoming a Dragon Warden.
    Special Traits
    Magic

Is this meaning Sorcery or full-blown Magic? If using Sorcery, you'll have to note the Proficiency costs in your Skill Information; if meaning actual full-blown Magic, you'll need to get an approved Magic Special Permission application to make use of that in Regalia. A second note is that if your character is Dragon-aligned, he will very likely oppose Magic, as these two forces are enemies in Aloria.​
    Life Story
    I'm not going to copy-paste the Life Story here because it would use too much space, but basically I'll lay down a few ground rules that have to be abided by for newly created characters:
    >You need to choose a place and, as an Ailor, culture for your character to have been born in. For example, since Vulthuryol wears furs, lives near the sea, and uses a Dwarven axe, I'd recommend the Velheimer culture and being born in Ellador. This would also mean he'd speak Skodje, the Velheimer native language, which you'll have to add to your Languages if you choose this culture. You can find more information on the Velheimer culture here. It's not required to read the whole thing, but I'd scan through most of it to get a decent feel.
    >You can't give your character any major backstory relevance that did not occur either in Progressions or on the server. This is to say that while Vulthuryol has attended the School of Marshalry and learned the Discipline of either Marine or General Command, and could have acted as a soldier on the field or even an assistant to a general, this app can't be approved with the claim that he commanded 100,000 men or was the High King of anything- the political landscape of Aloria is already determined and can't be altered except through efforts in-game and in Progressions.
    As such, I'm going to provide a short guide for how to write a concise Life Story that provides enough information for approval:
    Childhood:
    Your Childhood section should encapsulate the first 10-15 years of your character's life, briefly detailing the date and location of birth and social class, such as poor or wealthy, and anything notable about his upbringing, such as his parents' Dragon Worship. Maybe scatter in the point at which the character was inspired to pursue a particular career path or life choice. The earliest age at which Vulthuryol could have joined the School of Marshalry is 14, so if he started at that age, going to the nearest academy would go in here. This only needs to be a paragraph or two.
    Early Life:
    Your Early Life section should encapsulate the next 10-15 years of your character's life, briefly detailing education, progression, and developing personality traits of your character. For example, the development of character traits such as pessimism, violence, or constant positivity. If Vulthuryol is taking the Discipline of Marine Command, he'll be in education for 5 years, and if he's taking the Discipline of General Command, he'll be in education for 10 years. Additionally, if he has any Sorcery or Ritualism, it's best to insert why and who he learned them from here.
    Later Life:
    Your Later Life section should encapsulate the next 15-20 years of your character's life, briefly detailing the achievement of certain life goals, how they've progressed into their chosen career path if at all, and any changes in their life such as travel or immigration. For example, you could detail how Vulthuryol existed in Regalian military command or used his commanding abilities in small conflicts, keeping in mind that in the Backstory, he can never be a forefront player in any kind of major conflict in Aloria.
    This is a lot to read, so I don't blame you if you need to take a while to read it or a while to implement the changes I've asked for. When you're ready, mark your edits in red and @tag me when you're done or if you need any input along the way. Happy editing!

4. Scribbe

I'm so sorry about the wait, I keep blanking out on a lot of apps.
    My points of review are thus:
    Basic Information
    Please remove the 'High King' title from the character's name, app title, and life story, and give him a surname, since this would still conflict with predetermined power structures in roleplay. ​
    Proficiency
    You still have yet to attach values to your Proficiencies; how many points are invested into them? These will dictate how skilled your character is in a given discipline, with the maximum investment in a Proficiency being reasonably about as good as anyone could be at it. ​
    Life Story
    Membership in the Regalian Marshal Cabinet still requires entry through RP, and can't be backstory-entered, so I'd like you to either change this for freelancing for private forces, or remove it, especially since the Regalian military doesn't actually have much if any presence in Ellador, else the Isldar likely wouldn't have been able to overrun the Dwarves so easily, and the Dorkarth vampires would probably be in open conflict with them. I'd also like you to add where Vulthuryol learned his weapon disciplines, since marshals are typically non-combatants who spend their time strategizing away from the actual battle.
    Again, my apologies for the long wait on this one. As before, mark your edits in red and @tag me when you're done.

5. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Claimed for staff review.

6. Caelamus

20 is the limit for all proficiency points. But you do get a +5 bonus to something race wise when you invest 5 of your age points into it. With your character you can get this +5 to Admiral Command, Captain Command, Sword Combat. So take out 5 from your invalid 25s and for example reinvest it into +5 Captain Command and you'd get +10 Captain from combined age and your racial bonus. You could also put the other +5 into sword arts if you wanted because vikings did not just use axes and solely axes. They have a lot of interesting sword designs in their culture as well, I would recommend reading up on them actually they're fun to look at.

But that's really the only point of contention that I can find, well done. Just tag me whenever you're done.

7. Caelamus

Approved.

8. Caelamus

I would recommend joining the RP com discord so you can keep up to date. The proficiency system got a massive overhaul.

9. Caelamus

https://wiki.massivecraft.com/Proficiency#Proficiency_Basics
    All the new information is covered here. The general summary is all chars now have 50 points regardless of age. You must invest 10 points into something to receive the racial boost. Progression proficiency were overhauled. Point buy systems were overhauled. There are no longer talent points, but hobby points remain. There's a lot of new interesting stuff to go through.

10. Caelamus

They fall under point buys now under schooling and roguery on the proficiency page. They technically cost less now.

11. skhosh_

@Caelamus I think I did this correctly. I fixed the proficiency points and made the application more aesthetically pleasing.

12. Caelamus

Approved. Sorry for delay, been waking up every morning with a headache. The flowers will be the end of me.

13. skhosh_

I just noticed that the status of this application was changed from approved to a rejected sheet. What do I need to fix in order to get it reapproved?

14. FutureTeller

FutureTeller Criminally mad with no batteries

I think a lot of applications just got mass-rejected with some larger proficiency system update.
    Just read through how the current system works, as well as your race page in case some lore-abilities are out of date, update your app accordingly and then set it to "Needs Reviewer" and bump it.

15. Iyyiushi

Iyyiushi Refugee Supremium

Right, your application hasn't been valid for a long while. You'll need to tag Staff Roleplay once you make the new edits.

16. skhosh_

Any idea where to start? Coming from a person who plays a vast majority of their time on survival.

17. Iyyiushi

Iyyiushi Refugee Supremium

Messaging you links over discord.