Helping Enable Further Progress For Criminals And Vampires (in Common Regalia)

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by RememberTheGame, Apr 14, 2018.

1. RememberTheGame

RememberTheGame The Local Chav

So, I started trying to get into roleplay by creating a character infected with the vampire strain which was supposedly going to interact with the environment in a seemless way which allowed the opportunity of arranged assaults on unsuspecting citizens and guardsmen alike. This was done within the tunnel entrance next to the Obscure Oyster, which served as a brilliant starting point and three successful hits against guards but there remains a significant factor which deters longterm usage. It is a dead end, it is easily overrun and after enough experience in the area, it will become a known spot rendering it unusable and a problematic spot for those using it. This can end a sanguine playthrough completely, due to no escape routes or much opportunity for a defence.

This is mainly why I write, as it is something as simple as this which I think deters vampire roleplay. Yes, you can make the point that vampires still remain but they usually persist around the slums which is good in its own right, but disables progress to be made outside that area of operation. Lets take the Regalian Ripper, which operated around the Old Gods District and provided a great experience in my opinion when I was in the original Vigilant Shield. They managed to execute their goals through the area as it was filled with opportunities for roleplay, most notably, the Old Gods Cathedral. This allowed vantage points from above which could deter oncoming attackers and this brings me to a second point. Guards could easily access and were aware of their surroundings, but could still be ambushed with ease.

Primarily, this would be a focused request towards the World Department as they help create the landscape available to roleplay but the further idea might help improve roleplay development for criminals and vampires alike as well as forcing interaction with the State Defence and civilians. If I haven't already proved my mindset here, I believe that providing territory which is accessable between both provinces and enabling either side to partake in coordinated assaults can generate some progressive roleplay which can help aid the development of a character or potentially, the urgency of a scenario.

So, how can you implement this?

One of the things I remember from the Lo Invasion was that Regalia had smuggling tunnels which I would presume ran between districts alongside what remained of the sewers. Why not implement this into the structure of the city and provide a maze of tunnels which lead to different positions, helping cause confusion but still allowing these to have obsticles. Primarily, these should have ports which allow two things.

Tier 4 Tunnel
    Scouting, or doing your best Pennywise impression as you gaze through a small gap in the stormdrain. Listening into conversations while following the Roleplay Conduct can be advantagous for criminal roleplayers who cannot be spotted on the surface, which helps aid the lifespan of fugitives from the state, sanguines and otherwise. This can be done by a simple half slab connected to a tunnel, hopefully something that could be glanced off.

Tier 3 Tunnel
    This is an entrance and exit point for ease of access, which can technically provide an interesting ambush point though it should be much harder. I actually saw tricks used by people while guarding to lure people towards the tunnel, which was an interesting development and something I haven't seen in a while. This would develop an understanding of the dangers of these tunnels and what secrets they hold. This tier can also be applied to smuggling routes, E.G. Old Gods to Out of City or Slums to the Noble District; which already exists.

Tier 2 Tunnels
    This can be referred to as something like the Obscure Oyster tunnel near the docs. They are openings which reveal only darkness but provide an excelent assault point. These should be closed off, confined but still easy to discover. These would technically be the easiest to discover, but should be made incredibly hard to navigate with potentially low lighting or high water levels. This would be the most productive for vampire roleplayers, as it could be used as a baiting trap to sustain them.

Tier 1 Tunnel
    These would be restricted for player quests as they would contain higher risks but more accessability. I'm finding this hard to describe so i'll put it into context.

Bobby Mcguire would like to travel from the Port District to the Countryside using a Tier 1 Tunnel. He carries with him a bag full of illegal weaponry and narcotics which would land him into a prison. He is aided by Shelly McShell and Robbaz, King of Sweden.

They travel into the tunnel, being met with flooded caves, lost traps and sanguines lost to hunt; starved for blood. They are attacked by a horde of Sanguines, which severely injure Robbaz and infect Shelly. They are forced to make a retreat, ditching their supplies on the run out.

This could then be applied to other player quests, which provide tokens of items which can be relayed through Lore Staff which could help create an more physical economy in the criminal world.
    Hopefully, i've relayed my suggestion efficiently and this could be implemented; as I could make use of the tunnels myself and continue my newer character with much more ease. Say if you think this is good or at the very least, interesting. I'm open to stand by my idea.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. RememberTheGame

On addition, this isn't a complete solution. This is just an early aid towards it.

3. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

It sounds like if your character is competing with guards. In character that should be the situation but OOC both you and the players that manage the guards benefit from a long story with plot development. Have you tried OOC asking the guards to give your character a chance to escape so that the plot can develop?

4. RememberTheGame

Directly, no, but I’m suggesting that the potential should be available without either parties consent. Smart moves result in a capture or escape, instead of how the guard may be feeling. I didn’t believe this to be a trusting factor as from my time of a guard, two parties can have conflicting directions where it can go.

My idea just opens up another area for role play, which can make vampirism more appealing and longer lasting for older and more experienced players. Multiple opportunities, instead of keep your head down or do blind street assaults.