Archived /help

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Reaction score
@conflicttFTW had brought up this great idea (Originally mentioned here) for a /help command that would bring up a GUI box and have different items to choose from to easily assist new players.

Items could include:

-Teleports to the new /tp factionhelp and /tp rphelp
-Other quick teleport locations (Regalia, /tp factions, /tp event, etc)
-Website links (forums, wiki, main website, main guide, rules, etc)

As mentioned, since /help is a common first-command for new players, this would really help those players who are discovering a new server by hopping from server to server only to type one or two commands then give up.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll propose the following changes:

Typing /help returns:

There is an ingame help chat channel
To join the help channel type /chat focus help

Some helpful commands are:

/map
/tp
/factions
/roleplay
/rules

Typing /map returns:

The dynamic map can be found at
http://map.massivecraft.com/

Typing /factions returns:

To join a faction ask in the general chat channel
Join the general channel by typing /chat focus general

Commands to create and manage factions can be found at
https://www.massivecraft.com/factions

Typing /roleplay returns

Use /nick use <nick> to use a nick.
End sentences with )) to speak outside of character.
End sentences with + to emote.

Lore and useful information can be found at the wiki
https://wiki.massivecraft.com

Last edited:
To join a faction ask in the general chat channel
Join the general channel by typing /chat focus general
recruitment*

but ya i really like your add on here. One thing i do really like about it specifically is that the main /help command isnt too cluttered. It just redirects you to the other help commands and you do what u need.

Thats basically what it does now, but without any expanded stuff. It just says "Go to the website for more information" but the website is also fairly outdated- the 'Regalia' page hasnt been updated in like, 2 years? The map still shows an "ANARCHY" district XD

Basically though, it would be like what you said, but with an inventory GUI to make it easier to navigate, and look nicer. People like buttons. Being able to just click through menus is such a small thing, but people find it much easier than scrolling through and typing commands themselves.

So like, en example:

Icon 1: A Map. Links to the Dynmap.
Icon 2: A Book and Quill. Links to the Wiki.
Icon 3: A Book. Links to the Forums.
Icon 4: A Paper. Warps to RP Help.
Icon 5: A sword. Warps to PVP Help.

ETC

EDIT A MAJOR NOTE: Also, if Staff use this idea, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make the top left icon the exit/back button! That way hacked clients that have 'Steal' features cant dupe items by 'Steal'ing then closing real quick. I tested that and it worked on the server I was on, so I had to change the GUI around.

This has been noted as a feature suggestion, though I cannot provide any guarantee such a thing will be added. Features and suggestions pertaining to helping/improving the new player experience are always helpful.