Shelved Character Harta Diahcinta Bahtera

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by ezalB, Nov 25, 2021.

1. ezalB

ezalB Student of Hydration

ce395bd075df7776e3cf0fe834829988.png
    hartaartbloody_ghirko.jpg
    Unknown artist. The Scaled Emperor.
    July 310 A.C. Oil on Canvas.
    Archives of Digmaan Bahtera.
    image.png
    CharApp3.png
    ⇶Full Name | Harta Diahcinta Bahtera
    →(Digmaan of Digmaan Bahtera)
    ⇶Race | Allar: Rama caste
    ⇶Culture | Kota-Allar
    ⇶Age | 44 (Hatched Sept. 20th, 266 A.C.)
    ⇶Gender/Pronouns | Identifies male, he/him
    ⇶Eye Color |
    Mustard yellow
    ⇶Occult | N/A

CharApp4.png
    Harta is a conventionally raised Rama. Hatched as the princely child of Diwaba Digmaan, he became an experienced undersea military leader in the Chrysant War and Hadarian Civil War, and more recently a liberal politician for colonial Hadar in the Imperial Palace. Harta is a politically militant animal; independently minded and idealistic, he is willing to engage with 'revolutionary' ideas when it comes to who he regards as his people, and the future of Hadar within the Regalian world.

Despite his predacious appearance, Harta is an approachable and conversational figure. Believing himself the Digmaan equivalent of a philosopher-king, he engages with morality, religion, history on academic terms- but has the power to apply it into the real world, and he knows it. Harta would be considered a colonial Collectivist by an future scholar of the 310s A.C., and believes in the advent of Regalian federalism, with a broad, sweeping introduction of republican elements into the Regalian (especially Hadar) world. This remains, however, underpinned by an authoritarian bend true of almost any Rama, where such ideals must be applied by force to the uninformed and largely unwashed masses through any means necessary. Thanks to his hatching and childhood spend undersea with Diwaba-Allar parents, he does not view the State as inevitable and believes it malleable to its very core. Differing slightly from a full collectivist however, he does believe in a relatively controlled use of magic (Conjurer Archon-style), however entirely supports the rehabilitation of the Afflicted and Undead.

He holds amongst his Keyakinan: Zanobi first and foremost, followed by the - though he hardly excludes the other from occasional prayer. Therefore, whilst not overtly spiritual when it comes to religion, he is far from an atheist. Harta holds Zanobi amongst his Keyakinan first and foremost with the belief he should create the opportunity for as much kindness as possible in the world. He also broadly appreciates Guided Unionism and the lessons and advice found within, and has learned the most about the Gods and God-Guides of Cedromar and Tristan, then Morgan and Narsil, however generally wishes to learn more. He approaches Unionism however as an outsider, and the victim of a violent crusade against his people, and thus his appreciation and participation in the faith are molded by this reality.

CharApp6.png
    Harta is quite clearly an aquatically-build Diwaba-Allar, though it is in form only, for he dresses in a Kota-Allar style, and holds himself just the same. From the perspective of a conversation partner, one would be greeted with the snaggletooth head of a
    Platecarpus (Mosasaur) Allar with a set of ornately decorated fins on either side of his head. Harta's scales are patterned similar to a dusky dolphin, with sleek white-scaled brows and a similar underbelly and neck. He stands at an impressive 6'10, and is overall well-muscled thanks to his aquatic disposition. He has a set of mustard-colored eyes that would strike one as predacious, grizzled, and on occasion, tired. He has fins on his forearms, and a powerful fluked tail.

Harta generally dresses in a rich and Regal fashion, though occasions adorns outfits suited for a Regalianized Digmaan.
    hartaartbloody_ghirko.jpg
    Credit to Ghirko!

Harta_Sketch_-_WeenWyrm.png
    Credit to Weenology!

WeemWyrm_Cowboy_Duo1.PNG
    Credit to Weenology!

Harta_Uncowboyed_-_WeenWyrm1.png
    Credit to Weenology!

Haszlal.png
    Credit to Ceilidhe! (Art of Harta prior to Allar update April 2022)

cfa79d978603894199890705dcd3cb91.png
    ⇶Points spent | 14/14

⇶Strength | 0 | Claws

→Body Adaptability Pack (Allar Buff 1)
    ⇶Constitution | 5
    →Debuff Endurance Pack (Allar Buff 2)
    →Rebound Pack
    →Interception Pack
    →Cavalry Charge Pack
    →Cavalry Bucking Pack
    →Cavalry Rearing Pack
    ⇶Wisdom | 7
    Focus Command Pack
    Aquatic Command Pack
    Attack Command Pack
    →Defend Command Pack
    →Champion Command Pack
    →Overwhelm Command Pack
    →Resist Command Pack
    ⇶Dexterity | 0
    →N/A
    ⇶Arcane | 2 | Simple alchemy, Chemtech
    →Chem Talent (Allar Buff 3, 5/10)
    →Gadget Combat (Allar Buff 3, 2/10)
    →Chem Endure Pack
    →Chem Berserk Pack
    ⇶Faith | 0 | Allar Keyakinan
    N/A
    ⇶Language:
    Fluent: Common (Chrysant War), Pidato (Native)
    →Semi-Fluent: Zoram (Administration), Daendroque (Trade)
    →Basic Phrases: Kriv (Military), Calem (Military), d'Ithanie (Court)​

CharApp7.png
    ⇶ The Young Prince (0-11): Harta Diahcinta Bahtera was hatched undersea south of the island of Huallo, to the Diwaba Digmaan Diah Jokoayah Bahtera and their Kota-Allar, Essa-politician and partner, Diwa-Digmaan Pawiro Ranucinta Dasarlaut in the year 266 A.C. Diah was the far harsher and volatile of the two parents, and Pawiro knew this, keeping Harta safe and offering familial love that his other parent never would. Harta spent his early days undersea Digragga of his parents, treated to education by the various Allar castes of his parents moderately wealthy, though somewhat barren realm near the heart of Hadaria. The Essa Empire, finding its footing during this era, was a major player in Harta's childhood, and it was a common occurrence for Harta to meet and speak to the many Slizzar who enjoyed his parent's surface-court, of whom they would visit frequently.

⇶ An Apprentice (11-19): As Harta grew older, he began to follow in the wake of both his parents with an apprenticeship in politics and warfare, though the latter would take precedent. Venturing out with his parent Diah to the open sea, he would join them on numerous operations conquering the last anti-Essa holdouts undersea, as well as raiding coastal pirate strongholds of Diwaba-Allar nearby, with Harta serving as a young Rama officer. When not at sea, he would travel to Huallo itself with Pawiro, where he would sit in with his Diwa-Digmaan father and listen to the grand meetings held between the various Digmaan and Slizzar of Hadar, all before the Empress Mananya-Manya, whom he admired deeply. This routine continued for many, many years.

⇶ The Chrysant War: (19-24): Harta enrolled in the Huallo Naval Academy in the winter of 285-286, and managed to study for only a few months before the Regalian Empire's surprise attack. His mobilization was swift, and thanks to prior experience at sea both above and below, young Harta was given a squadron command, with crack Diwaba-marines onboard for what amounted to alchemical, submarine warfare. Though initially his engagements were sparse thanks to the continual truces and pauses in the Essa's fighting thanks to the attempts at peace by the Empress, it soon became all-out warfare. Harta was involved in brutal fighting through north-central and north-western Hadar, using undersea tactics alien to the Regalians to sink numerous warships. Ultimately however, it was a losing fight against superior Regalian firepower. Come 290, Harta and his squadron could only evacuate token amounts of civilians before the Regalian's genocidal advance. Continuing to retreat south, Harta eventually reached the main island where both Digmaan Bahtera and Huallo were located.

⇶ Essan Nadir (24): The late winter and spring of 291 A.C. was the worst time of Harta's life. Though the Regalian fleet was briefly halted as the Essa Empire attempted to mount a counteroffensive, this last, and truly token defense, could not hold against the Ailor tide. Come March of 291, the war was long decided. Mere hours ahead of the Regalian fleet, Harta could no longer stop to evacuate civilians, leaving them to their fates as his squadron desperately fled south. Sailing into the harbor of Huallo, Harta was horrified to see the evacuation fleet present had not yet left- and whilst he had tried to warn them of the Regalian armada's proximity, it was no use. The Slaughter at Huallo was wholesale, and Harta's few ships, whilst they fired back and his undersea marines attempted to engage, were thoroughly thrashed and destroyed-- along with hundreds of others. Harta sunk to the bottom of the deepwater harbor as serpents, alchemical toxins and corpses rained from above. Fleeing out to sea with a few marine survivors, he could only watch from afar as the city and its inhabitants were dealt a Regalian fate. He arrived with his small band some days later in Bahtera territory, where he found that his parent Diah had been overthrown by their Diwa-Digmaan. Harta, as heir, managed to re-establish control just in time to submit to a Regalian surrender.

⇶ The Ascent (24-41): The years following Regalian victory saw Bahteran territory rapidly change- both half terrestrial and half aquatic, it was the former which would draw Harta's attention more. From Regalian military governors, to a number of extractive, harmful industries placed without the consent of the new colonial subjects- Harta was a ruler only in name upon the surface, but he bided his time, quietly holding onto power. As it became clear the Allar would not rise, their Regalian overlords grew soft, and Harta was able to deftly re-assert control over most of his realm, with treaties, backroom deals and the quid-pro-quo use of otherwise dejected Slizzar. Harta played it safe during years after he gained power, but by 307, he was able to help Digmaan Yaotl and the re-establishment of a Hadarian realm under Hadarian leadership. As soon as he could he began to rebuild and rearm an armada using newfound Regalian designs modified to suit the decent contingent of submarine, Diwaba mercenaries.

⇶ Sendrassians and Regalians (41-43): Said armada would come in handy with the Sendrassian Invasion of 308-309, which saw Harta attempt to use his armada in defense of the southern islands, only to be rebuffed by Regalian military involvement from the north- but it was a Regalian military that had grown fat and happy with their easy victories, and not the military that had squashed his people some fifteen years prior. He was unable to participate, and watched as the war saw mistake after preventable mistake, all from afar. He was not amongst the Digmaan who closed Hadar off to the Regalians, but in time, he did support it.

⇶ To Regalia (43-44): In the Fall of 309 AC, Harta sailed to Regalia to make a bid for military support in Hadar to prepare for a renewed offensive in the Spring of 310 against the Sendrassians. Though he was unable to convince them of this, he met a Nang, deeply involved in the Regalian Government, by the name of Saranmual who he quickly became involved with. Staying longer than he intended, he and his partner would prosecute the advent of the Hadarian Civil Crisis, as well as the sudden and avoidable opening of the Carrhen Conflict. Harta was a military leader in this conflict, a fact he has come to regret deeply, and soon sought to correct by plying himself in Hadar. However, Hadar too soon broke into war, causing both he and Saranamual to return to the Bahteran realms to prosecute the conflict on the side of the Triumvirate of Progress. Harta's Diwaba-Allar subjects rose up shortly after his return.

⇶ The Present (44-?): In the Summer of 311 AC, after a year of on-and-off fighting using his new Regalian-styled warships, Harta would return to Regalia following a lull in the Hadarian fighting and the re-establishment of control over his Diwaba subjects. Now in the city, he plans to meet old friends, and figure out the state of the city in the wake up the Emperor's disappearance- especially what it might mean for Hadaria, and his people.

7cca9dbc9598611fd70cadef7f31caa2.png
    ⇶Harta is a Hadarian Digmaan, and military leader.
    →​
    ⇶Harta follows the Allar Keyakinan, with a focus in Dragon Worship and Guided Unionism.
    →​
    ⇶Harta is a liberal member of the upper class.
    →​
    ⇶Harta has a complex relationship with the Regalian Empire its recent history.
    →​

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    #1 ezalB, Nov 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
  2. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Claimed for review, expect a reply shortly!

3. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Everything looks good!

APPROVED

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. ezalB

@Yurs

Hello!

I have decided to juggle a few of the proficiency numbers (Fist Combat, Vocal, and Sailing) in order to add Ibeth using the Linguistics point-buy. I have updated the physical stat accordingly, marking all changes with blue.

I decided to do this, because, as I noticed in the backstory, it did not seem right that despite being so close and among Asha comrades and friends for at least eight years (worked among corsairs, lived with ex-corsairs, and spent a year in South Rivel amongst them), Haszlal was unable to communicate in the language of the Asha. Additionally, I fixed a small inconsistency regarding this in the life-story section.

Also, I had fixed a couple of errors with spelling and grammar since I first posted this, but I didn't think that needed a re-review, as it did not change anything outside of that. Hopefully I'm in the right with that!

5. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks good! I'm a fan of the new direction

APPROVED

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  6. ezalB

Hello again, @Yurs ! Incase you have read this since I initially posted it, I have edited the proficiencies after... further reflection. I think I'm happy this time, for realsies. Going for more of a, warrior-bard-philosopher... scout, thing, as opposed to whatever I was going for before.

It appears that Pathfinding has been removed as a proficiency. Because of this, I readjusted some of the other proficiencies marked in blue (mostly the hobby ones, increasing them by one or two each), and importantly, added Hunting Art. I felt this important in order to keep Haszlal effective as a character meant to play the role of a scout (in some settings), and because his upbringing would have most likely meant he was exposed to this way of life early on. I have increased fists by 3, meaning that the overall point-spend remains the same as before.

To be quite honest, with how I have written him, the change actually works better with how I want his proficiencies to be. Pathfinding felt as if it had to in the mix due to his upbringing, but this change allows him a little more freedom. I would like for Haszlal to be a character with the opportunity to specialize later on in his RP life, into new niches, but also not be ineffective in the concept I have designed for him in my head. He has points to spent, should I wish for him to learn some sort of a pack, or if something else comes up in RP.

Cheers!

#6 ezalB, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  7. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks good!

APPROVED

8. ezalB

@Yurs

Hello there, changes marked in blue as always.

After having played Haszlal for another month and a half, I have enough experience with the character that I have decided shift some things around, and clarify others! I do not expect I will be changing much from here on out, unless he learns something in-character, or some major thing happens (affliction, life event, etc).

There have been no major changes, despite the overwhelming amount of blue, I assure you. Largely, changes have been to wording, to decrease the "severity" of certain events in his life and other areas where I have clarified where/what he was interacting with in his life- ie, attending the Hadarian College of Governance or sailing with Kheni-Hetef, or his role as Captain of the Longmaw Company. I have also added flavor text to proficiencies, because I saw someone else do that and it looked cool!

Notable changes include:
    Increasing Rapier Combat, Writing Art (To go along with how I have CRPed him, and his bureaucratic and thoughtful leanings)
    Introducing Dancing Art (Because, Mai-Allar have more dimensions to dance in under the sea, and it's a cool aesthetic)
    Decreasing Vocal Art, Fineweave Art, Hunting Art (they were not applicable to how surface-ized I play him, yet they remain in diminished forms to replicate a waning of unpracticed skills)

PROGRESSION INFO HAS NOT CHANGED, STILL WARRIOR 2 DIPLOMAT 1

#8 ezalB, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  9. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks fantastic! Detailed changelog is, as always, a serious help. Much appreciated ^^

APPROVED

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  10. ezalB

@Yurs

Hello again! As we discussed, I have settled on the niche which Haszlal falls into, and updated the app accordingly. The warrior-focus has been diminished significantly, although I have kept him with some physical ability, to prevent him from being a wet noodle. Physical stat updated, along with other proficiencies to accommodate (decreased construction (too OP), added volatile v. alchemy/strength, etc.), and to provide him opportunities IC! I adjusted the formatting so it would be easier to read, but you can find the extra blurbs and 'whys' behind the proficiencies in the spoiler.

In addition, I have changed his talents to Diplomat 2, Admiral 1, in order to better suit the changes I have made and the way I wish to see him going in-character, as a character. More of an officerial character, than a frontline fighter, with some contradictory detachment from his old life-ways because of it. Backstory updated to accommodate. Nothing major though, as all of this still fits in the base design of his character! Also fixed some grammar.

#10 ezalB, Feb 20, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  11. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Looks good, as discussed prior I've got no issues with this change and think it's a neat direction to take the character!

APPROVED

12. ezalB

@Yurs

Hello there! Allar update time.

Haszlal, now Harta, has become a Rama-Nang! There are a variety of reasons for this, but it is largely so I am not breaking caste IC. I have gone ahead and rewritten most of the app in order to fit with the new lore, and will likely trim it down some still, but everything is blue is what has changed. Proficiency update will come soon, once that is out! I have stuff in mind.

13. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Howdy! Looks good for the most part. You currently have 'Mai-Allar' and 'Zasta' listed under linguistics, so just go ahead and swap those out for the newer variants.

Go ahead and tag me @Yurs once you've made those changes so I can get this reviewed again and approved ASAP ^^

14. ezalB

15. ezalB

Edit today was just fixing grammar, no worries.

16. ezalB

Bump! @Yurs

(I'm probably just going to need to have it re-reviewed in a day or two regardless with the new proficiency update smh)

17. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

APPROVED

See you in a few days ^^"

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  18. ezalB

19. sonofthestars

sonofthestars chaotic stupid

Stolen from Yurs. Approved.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  20. ezalB

@sonofthestars

-Moved a single point from Charisma, into Constitution instead. This was done to allow the Rama Special to apply.
    -Added a 'Abilities and Specials' spoiler for my quick reference to what Harta has in future.

21. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

stolen from sonofthestars!

APPROVED

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  22. ezalB

@Yurs

Hello again!
    -I have decided to age Harta up. Again. He is likely to go ducal soon, and so I figured that him being an older character would make more sense.
    -Squished life story. Edited and moved around in order to make sense with him being 44. He is now a veteran of the Chrysant War! Yay!
    -Additionally, I have shuffled around proficiencies, and given him +2 strength, and -2 constitution, equipping him with some mundane techniques to use against robots and slimes.
    -Added a 'Recent Events' and 'All Art' spoiler,

#22 ezalB, Jul 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  23. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Approved.

24. ezalB

@Yurs (or @Caelamus ? WHO IS THE REVIEWER)
    Update time.
    -Core concept rewritten to narrow it in a more clear direction. Now primarily worships Masrafaal, and is more power hungry/scheming/amoral.
    -Strength: Blades Pack replaced Large Blades.
    -Constitution: Reduced to one, Light Shielding removed.
    -Dexterity: Increased to three, Cortes Fame Pack added due to Harta's Daen/Rivel link.
    -Charisma: State Leader, State Dignitary, replace their old version, and Mount Husbandry added with Two-Claw Raptor, not advanced mount. Languages specified so I remember.
    -Backstory rewritten and slimmed (some) to reflect Blue Blood aristocracy and a Daendroque/Allar county in South Rivel, however overall remains the same. Also he's shorter now lol

#24 ezalB, Aug 21, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  25. Scribbe

Scribbe Scribma Male Staff Member Lore1

This looks fine, approved.

26. ezalB

@Scribbe
    Edited for Proficiency update.
    -Added one to Strength, drew one from Charisma.
    -Added one to Constitution, drew one from Dexterity.
    -Packs.

27. ChapterDeath

ChapterDeath Roof that speaks Vampire Staff Member Lore2

Claimed for review

• Constructive Constructive x 1
  28. ChapterDeath

ChapterDeath Roof that speaks Vampire Staff Member Lore2