Archived Hardcore Universe?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Knight

Pioneer
Reaction score
I have noticed you have been making rules limiting PvP recently, and it seems to me that you want far less PvP in the​
RP universe, so I would like to suggest a "Hardcore" universe, possibly Premium only, for hardcore fighters. Make a small world, so the value of land is higher, remove MCMMO races, and vampires, to make all players equal, so PvP isnt dominated by veterans, and remove deadlock to make raids more interesting, and have 5-10 pre-made factions, with either elected leaders, or applications on the forums, and staff appointed leaders, or have half and half. As for an economy, in this universe, it should simply be based on Emeralds. everyone starts with nothing, and admin shops will buy/sell emeralds for 1 emerald each. as for premium perks, if it is premium only, they shouldn't keep many of their perks, like keeping items, and backpacks should only be usable in your faction's territory, but portals should be kept.
The next part of my suggestion for the hardcore world requires Quite a bit of coding, so if you don't have time for it,​
don't even read this paragraph, or choose which parts to add and which parts arnt worth the time. First, number of players wont effect a factions power, a factions max power will be how much land it owns, and land will be bough with Emeralds, with an exponentially increasing price, based on land owned, so if you loose land, the price goes down.. as for how power is used, you must keep your power at its max to keep all your land safe, power is lost if an enemy faction kills a member of your faction on your own land, and power is gained naturally over time based on how many members are online (0 online = no power regenerated), or by killing enemies in their own faction land. if a factions power is below it's max, any enemy faction's Officers can make their land "contested". when land is contested anyone can use doors, chests, buttons, levers, etc, but nobody can "build", and what I mean by that is players can break blocks, but they will re-spawn when the land is returned to normal status, rather than being dropped. All faction land must be connected to the home (meaning no land in the nether), and the home chunk can only be contested if the faction's power hits zero, but at zero power, all land will be contested automatically. Now for actually taking land from a faction, the chunk, and all adjacent chunks must be contested, or owned by you (at least one must be owned by you, but the world should be small enough that the boarders will be tight) and your faction must have max power, then you can buy the contested chunk as you would buy any other chunk, and the chunk will be repaired from it's contested state. As for getting back contested chunks, they will be reclaimed automatically as you gain power, starting with chunks closest to the home.
Basically this universe would have all players equal, with the only advantage being equipment and enchantments,​
which will be dropped on death, and a factions strength will come from the players online, having hundreds of alts or inactive players wont do any good.I would also suggest disabling enderpearls, or have the damage they cause scale with distance, so a long distance throw will be sure to kill you, they would only be used to climb through windows, rather than jumping large walls.
If there is something you don't like in this suggestion, please explain why you don't like it, and offer an alternative.​
If you have any ideas to add to this suggestion, feel free to post them.​
I would especially like to hear opinions from the Massivecraft Team.​

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Should really be in Suggestions/Complaints.

The new rules do not affect PvP.

It's meant to limit shit raiding for prolonged periods of time to the point that someone wants to leave the server because they are being raided constantly.

Come up with a reason, don't be rude about it, don't force someone to leave. Once you've got all those ticked off your list, you can PvP freely.

It's meant to limit shit raiding for prolonged periods of time to the point that someone wants to leave the server because they are being raided constantly.

Come up with a reason, don't be rude about it, don't force someone to leave. Once you've got all those ticked off your list, you can PvP freely.

Well it looks like he answered for meh. ._.
Y u st33l m4 r34son, 0zgh0

He never said he wished to get rid of the new rules, only to make this an additional way to have fun on MassiveCraft. I'm fine with the latter.

I love the mix of role-play and PvP. The thing I would want before a hardcode server is a sole RP server. This way people that don't want to get raided can play there, while those that want to raid and incorporate their role-play can stay here, as Massivecraft right now is a roleplay PvP server.

I love the mix of role-play and PvP. The thing I would want before a hardcode server is a sole RP server. This way people that don't want to get raided can play there, while those that want to raid and incorporate their role-play can stay here, as Massivecraft right now is a roleplay PvP server.

I strongly agree with you.

Should really be in Suggestions/Complaints.

I couldn't find a suggestion forum, if a moderator could move it there, that would be appreciated.

This world would be for the people who don't care if they get raided for prolonged periods of time, and they could leave this world if they want.

some people would rather have actual wars with something to gain, like loot and land, rather than a five minute raid that gets you a couple broken swords.

I would love to see both of these universes made at the same time. if you please the PvPers of the server, the RPers think they are being ignored. if you please the RPers, the PvPers, think they are being pushed out of the server, as the recent rule changes have shown. if you make hardcore RP, and hardcore PvP universes at the same time, most of the server will be happy. as long as there is no lag increase.

Well it looks like he answered for meh. ._.

Y u st33l m4 r34son, 0zgh0

I am well aware as to why these rule changes were made, and I completely agree with you, I see the current universe as a place for RPers and PvPers to coexist, and that is only possible if the RPers put up with the PvP, and the PvPers limit themselves. I want a universe where PvPers can raid to their hearts content, and have full blown wars with their land at steak, like it was in the good old days, and I also like Cowboys suggestion for a RP only world, where there is no fear of being killed.

I would also like to remind people that war is still RP. and I believe not being able to fight over land limits how much RP can go into a war. I remember a war I had with Rising Sun. They stole a small piece of land from a friend of mine, and the fighting was about 50% of the war, and negotiating peace and the return of his land was the other 50%. and the crusades, defending the wilderness town of pinkcraft from Vrykolakas. There was nothing protecting their land, and there was no griefing involved. You know as well as I do, Luukwulink and Pallie30 are very nice players, but they were RPing evil vampire lords, and this was before any of us were server staff. We just RPed during a war on our own.

Again, I would like to hear the Massivecraft Team's opinions on this.

This world would be for the people who don't care if they get raided for prolonged periods of time, and they could leave this world if they want.

some people would rather have actual wars with something to gain, like loot and land, rather than a five minute raid that gets you a couple broken swords.
Then start an "actual war" talk with your enemy. Set some ground rules, build forts in "your territory" and attack forts in "theirs".

Asking for land could very well be incorporated into an RP reason for attacking as well as a term of surrender, but you'd have to know the geography well, and what places that that faction has under it's name. Perhaps a subfaction?

This is all very easily ironed out among players.

Then start an "actual war" talk with your enemy. Set some ground rules, build forts in "your territory" and attack forts in "theirs".

Asking for land could very well be incorporated into an RP reason for attacking as well as a term of surrender, but you'd have to know the geography well, and what places that that faction has under it's name. Perhaps a subfaction?

This is all very easily ironed out among players.

How would I ask for land as part of a war, if I can't claim within 16 chunks of them, and I can't claim away from my base. the current rules of the server just don't support this kind of war. What I would like to see in the new universe is a small amount of land, to keep the faction boarders tight, and between waring factions, they will constantly move.

also, I added to my post above, if you read the rest, my point there is that there is nothing quite like having a RP war that isnt staged, just spare of the moment, someone kills someone else, and the next thing you know you've spent the last few hours half negotiating, and half fighting, nothing was planned, it just happens naturally. That's the kind of RP I miss on this server.

I support any effort to help promote pvp.

+Rep to OP.

How would I ask for land as part of a war, if I can't claim within 16 chunks of them, and I can't claim away from my base. the current rules of the server just don't support this kind of war.
This is why I suggested asking for a subfaction of theirs, perhaps. Perhaps a few members will gravitate to your faction so you can boost your land claim power.

What I would like to see in the new universe is a small amount of land, to keep the faction boarders tight, and between waring factions, they will constantly move.
Again, you can try making a "contested territory" with the warring faction. Maybe a few outposts that can be sieged and claimed.

also, I added to my post above, if you read the rest, my point there is that there is nothing quite like having a RP war that isnt staged, just spare of the moment, someone kills someone else, and the next thing you know you've spent the last few hours half negotiating, and half fighting, nothing was planned, it just happens naturally. That's the kind of RP I miss on this server.
(went back to read) Yes. I believe it would be nice to have this kind of cooperation too, but the server has grown, and more people are becoming less connected with the wishes of other players. Why should they care if they had a nice RP war when they got a sweet Protection 5, Unbreaking 3, Fire Protection 2, diamond chestpiece and bragging rights?

Moved to Feature and Idea Discussion.

This is why I suggested asking for a subfaction of theirs, perhaps. Perhaps a few members will gravitate to your faction so you can boost your land claim power.

Again, you can try making a "contested territory" with the warring faction. Maybe a few outposts that can be sieged and claimed.

(went back to read) Yes. I believe it would be nice to have this kind of cooperation too, but the server has grown, and more people are becoming less connected with the wishes of other players. Why should they care if they had a nice RP war when they got a sweet Protection 5, Unbreaking 3, Fire Protection 2, diamond chestpiece and bragging rights?

I don't know about you but i wouldnt trust members of an enemy faction in my faction, even if they stayed.

possible typo marked in red? not trying to be annoying by correcting spelling but it dose not really make sense

It's not a typo. to clarify what I meant, instead of Silver, call the currency Emeralds, and have admin shops buy/sell Emeralds (Item) for 1 Emerald (currency) each

The wording is sort of weird, and I'm sure you're not the only one who didn't see what I meant. thanks for pointing it out.

It's not a typo. to clarify what I meant, instead of Silver, call the currency Emeralds, and have admin shops buy/sell Emeralds (Item) for 1 Emerald (currency) each

The wording is sort of weird, and I'm sure you're not the only one who didn't see what I meant. thanks for pointing it out.

k, that makes sense.

k, that makes sense.

I believe it will create a much more stable economy than Silver, because emeralds have an actual purpose, and a concrete value, whereas the value of Silver is always decreasing because more is always being created, and very little is being consumed.[DOUBLEPOST=1371566199,1371565791][/DOUBLEPOST]Another idea, have factions able to set bounties. Something like "[#] Emerald(s) for each [Faction] [Member|Officer|Leader] you kill for [Time]", for example, "5 Emeralds for each Serenum Officer you kill for 10 minutes", if the seige goes beyond 10 minutes, I can extend it, possibly set a higher bounty on a specific player, and the bounties are paid out of the faction account.[/Time]

Status
Not open for further replies.