Archived Happy Ratings

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Faction
team badass gamers
Howdy!

Earlier today I was sat outside, watching the sunset, and I had an idea I think that you folks will like. I propose the Feature & Idea of an addition to the rating system! Depending on the length of the post, the poster should automatically be awarded with positive ratings, so even if nobody rates it up, they won't feel bad, or like it's a waste. Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Removed negativity and hate speech from post.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What a perfect idea. Now everyone can be happy. No negative or neutral ratings, and everyone will automatically get happy ratings!

25b28954147ddbd53b46b9d61127d5e5.jpg

(rip bob ross)

You got a problem with me?
Sir, I will strike you down in the field of battle for the atrocities that you have introduced to these poor, innocent forum-goers. I cannot give you a negative rating, (that'd be too hurtful) so I will give you the Penguin (Immersive) and tell you that your days are numbered.

we should also make euphoria injections mandatory for all forums users to allow for a more 'relaxed' environment

Yeah I'm totally okay with this but please let me post the bee movie script. Like the euphoric injections is really cool and I'm all for it and also happy ratings but I also want my bees and memes.

Yeah I'm totally okay with this but please let me post the bee movie script. Like the euphoric injections is really cool and I'm all for it and also happy ratings but I also want my bees and memes.
You're right, Squeaker555. I apologize for my earlier harsh words. I will edit the post to be more accommodating for you, I wasn't considering how hostile I was acting. I will give you a Wrench (Useful). Thank you, and God bless.

Soma is productive for our Brave New World. Bees and memes are not. Bees and memes cause social instability. Social instability causes unhappiness. No bees or memes. No bees or memes.

I'm about to be the rain cloud (and no it's not due the flash flooding that's happened all day where I am :p)

I see ratings as more of a communication based thing then just sunshine and unicorns. If someone rates my post "agree," I now have feedback that somebody else agrees with my post. If I saw "disagree," I see that somebody has an opposite opinion, which ideally should create healthy debate. And if I'm rated "Please read the subject again," I know that I must've missed something I skimmed before.

One thing I've learned in my years of writing and reading is that length isn't everything. You could have two people summarize the same paper, and one will give you a paragraph and the other an essay. Both convey the same summary, but one is not necessarily better than the other based on length alone.

Rewarding somebody for just writing a long answer seems to limit communication feedback. I don't want to be rewarded with a rating just for writing over 100 words. I want a rating because somebody read my post and wants to give a small feedback rating.

Also, memes are an art form.

I'm about to be the rain cloud (and no it's not due the flash flooding that's happened all day where I am :p)

I see ratings as more of a communication based thing then just sunshine and unicorns. If someone rates my post "agree," I now have feedback that somebody else agrees with my post. If I saw "disagree," I see that somebody has an opposite opinion, which ideally should create healthy debate. And if I'm rated "Please read the subject again," I know that I must've missed something I skimmed before.

One thing I've learned in my years of writing and reading is that length isn't everything. You could have two people summarize the same paper, and one will give you a paragraph and the other an essay. Both convey the same summary, but one is not necessarily better than the other based on length alone.

Rewarding somebody for just writing a long answer seems to limit communication feedback. I don't want to be rewarded with a rating just for writing over 100 words. I want a rating because somebody read my post and wants to give a small feedback rating.

I have given you a pink cloud for your contribution. It is lengthy and you spent time on writing it therefore it deserves a nice pretty rating. Thank you, and God Bless.

Soma is productive for our Brave New World. Bees and memes are not. Bees and memes cause social instability. Social instability causes unhappiness. No bees or memes. No bees or memes.
Please cease the hostilities, this is a safe space.

I agree whole-heartedly, but now that the negative and neutral ratings are gone, not getting a positive rating could very well be getting a negative or neutral one (without the count on your profile). This is obviously not part of The Vision, and I simply hope to point out the small errors so nobody's feelings are hurt.

listen buddy that isn't very friendly :}

@cheibriadoss you are just salty that you don't deserve my attention.

Edit: Stop rating my posts you mongrel, you are triggering me with your mention of God enough, for Horus' sake, why is my attention so important to you.

Edit 2: I actually like the attention, can I have more attention? Can we start a fight? I feel like drama right now.

Edit 3: Message me if you want to start drama.

Last edited:
@cheibriadoss you are just salty that you don't deserve my attention.

Edit: Stop rating my posts you mongrel, you are triggering me with your mention of God enough, for Horus' sake, why is my attention so important to you.

Edit 2: I actually like the attention, can I have more attention? Can we start a fight? I feel like drama right now.

Edit 3: Message me if you want to start drama.
Let us battle.

Thank you, and God bless.

I appreciate your presence here.

Reading this thread made me vomit. Twice. Where are all of the negative ratings when they're needed?

My existence is pain and Poe's law applies to this..

I honestly can't tell if this is a joke

Reading this thread made me vomit. Twice. Where are all of the negative ratings when they're needed?
Are you okay, brother? Perhaps assistance from a doctor is needed. I'd prefer you get help, because your negativity is ruining 'my vibes', as Earthlings say.

The comments on this thread and the back and forth rating, 10/10 would kek again

So it's the equivilant of getting a trophy for participation in grade school? Amazing.

Settle down with the negativity, alright?

I'll piss on your corpse, filthy hippie..

I laughed at this!

4 words : trust and safety council...
Thanks!

The comments on this thread and the back and forth rating, 10/10 would kek again
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.