Happy Never After

Milo's hands curled into fists,nails digging into the palms of his hands as he tried to keep calm in the damp cell. He had been caught. Again. It was the third time this week and he was getting kind of annoyed at the fact he couldn't pick a pocket like he used to. Another guard shuffled past his cell,peering in slightly before hurrying away. Nobody wanted to be around him,though that wasn't unusual. Leaning back to his head was touching the wall Milo began to quietly sing to himself.
"Once upon a time, I still believed in myself. I was happy being me and didn't need any help and then somebody that I trusted crushed the feelings I felt. I guess a happy never after was the deal I was dealt. True love doesn't have a happy ending,'cause when it's real, it doesn't ever end. If I did a rewrite, would I change a damn thing? Would I flip the script or would I do it all again?" The man in the cell across from him looked up,raising a finger in his direction and yelling out "shat it yer focking twat!" before turning his head to the side and puking on the grey concrete slabs.
"Am I the hero, or maybe the villain? Am I the sidekick, or even the fill-in? I'll keep going out for every roll in a story that'll never be told. If I wrote you a note, would you ever listen? If we never met, would you be who I'm missing? I'll keep writin' 'til I'm feelin' complete. The story that'll never be we." Milo continued to sing,though his voice didn't get any louder as to not disturb the guards on or off duty.
"I been havin' trouble with believin' in love ever since the day you left me, it depressed me and thus I haven't met somebody worth believin' in much. I guess the movies I grew up on didn't teach me enough. Learnin' to grow and go and sew my broken heart up,doesn't happen in an hour, just like Hollywood does. There's a problem and you solve it, that's the way they taught us, but how am I supposed to fix me, if I'm all that I've got?" The man let of a growl and leapt up once he was finished up chucking his guts,head smashing into the bars causing him to fall backwards onto his rear,fists flying in a drunken rage.
"True love doesn't have a happy ending (No, it doesn't) 'cause when it's real, it doesn't ever end. If I did a rewrite, would I change a damn thing? Would I flip the script or would I do it all again? Am I the hero, or maybe the villain? Am I the sidekick, or even the fill-in? I'll keep going out for every roll in a story that'll never grow old If I wrote you a note, I hope that you'd listen and if we never met, you'd probably be who I'm missing. I'll keep writin' 'til I'm feelin' complete. The story that'll never be we. Yeah, we'll never be we.Yeah, we'll never be we." A guard walked over,catching the young boy by suprises, he scrambled backwards as the door was unlocked and lowered his eyes as the guard crouched down infront of him.
"You've got yourself a real nice voice the sonny." He said, a gentle hand resting on Milo's shoulder.
"I don'....I didn'....mean nowt Mister. Didn' mean nufink." He muttered before chewing on his lower lip. The elder offered out a hand to the boy,who took it and used it to pull himself up.
"I know a guy who might like a lad with a good voice." He then lead Milo out of the cell, the rude slurs and shouts from the drunkard echoing down the halls.

Would you look at that! I found a nice song and used it cause I can't sleep. Hopefully you enjoy my trash and like reading it! Peace out.
-Kaiden