Halfbreeds Hate Harangues - Open Discussion

Athelois

visceral bitch
Reaction score
8OBqTro5LUjiQiloQJ5c6BYtx4PJ4ILL8QDr9KYEwAm0TgkhOih32w4pnTQW-H_P-UYMKuWnWpTWrQGba0_1pxJbxVprfBPl2vobGkb2OyFHYW3Wryarphw7DfVPM_U8nowj896A
Goooooood morning/afternoon/evening, everyone! As you can probably see, there's been quite a few sub-community threads popping up. From Chi'en-Ji to Altalar to Estel worship, but what about... dundundUNNN!

The half-breeds! I know there are a looooooot of half-breed characters out on the server and thought... hmmmmm... how about we do a sub-community where the half-breeds can be amidst other half-breeds while still taking part in the pure race communities!

Things I would like to know before I move any further..
  • Do you have a half-breed character? If so, what are they mixed with?
  • Do you plan on making a half-breed at some point?
  • What sort of events would you like to see with this sub-community?
  • What niche would you feel this sub-community could fill?
What would you like see happen with this sub-community?
  • Just a further expansion of the third bullet from the previous category. Go as much into detail as you want!
  • How would you feel about having culture-sharing events, where each halfie shares something with the community from their own culture?
  • Weekly or bi-weekly culture features?
For those uninterested in half-breed characters...
  • I see how it is. Rude.
  • What is holding you back from playing a half breed? General disinterest, the way they're treated in game, etc.

Last edited:
lol. one of the lore staff discouraged me and put down mixed characters, saying theres no reason to and it renders the abilities n features of each respective race useless, taking away from the lore behind the races, or something. really stupid argument, but you know, kind of a downer when some lore staff are discouraging players from exploring different archetypes
personally i like these characters a lot- my main, lou, is half elf and its interesting to explore that- you know, the feeling of supremacy that comes with being an altalar, but the ruggedness of a regalian human peasant.

however... i'm not sure why a character would feel the need to join one of these communities, i mean i get it, outcasts banding together, but what connection does a half elf have to, say, half ch'i / half songaskian? i dont really which niche this is catering to, honestly.
i DO like the idea though, but i'm not sure how that would play out with the public/nobility-- interracial relationships were entirely illegal only so long ago. 'culture sharing' events sound super fun and i would love to see that, but i can get how it would be considered jacobinist to host these sorts of events! maybe it'd have to be something less official, or it'd be interesting to see what conflict comes up.
sorry for rambling!