Gwelurin Vaell'aer

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by HereticTakao, Feb 24, 2019.

1. HereticTakao

HereticTakao dark spirited demidevil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basic Information

Full Name: Gwelurin’ümerie Venphyra'relínni Vaell'aer

Race: Shenath Kathar

Sexuality: Bisexual

Preferred Weapon: Throwing Knives
    Skill Information

Total Points: 5 + 45 = 50 proficiency points to spend.

+20 Throwing Combat Skill (from points)

+15 Unarmed Combat(from points)

+10 Dancing Arts (from Hobby points)

+5 Mixology Arts (from points)

+5 Stealth Rogue (from Talent Points)

+5 Bodycare Training (from Talent Points)

+3 Linguistic Science (from points)

[7 points left for future investment]

Body Shape

+20 Throwing Combat (x1) + 15 Unarmed Combat (x1) + 10 Dancing Arts (x0.5) + 5 Bodycare Training(x0.5) = 25 phys stat, due to the Shenath Kathar Cap.

Athletic Body Shape

Low Body Fat

Languages

Kathar-Elven(native tongue)

Common(picked up in Regalia)

Daendroque(picked up in Hallonq)

Special Traits

Spellbook - All Mageblooded

Elemental Sorcery Spells
    >Elemental Orb
    >Elemental Influence
    Chaos Sorcery Spells
    >Who Needs Skill?
    >Re-Arrange
    Void Sire - Lumeria, Sire of Want

Scion of Want

> The Kathar have a pocket dimension called the Maw of the Void, in which they can store items up to a closet’s worth of space. Things inside do not rot or decay or experience time, and a single person can be trapped or hidden in the map for up to 10 minutes, after which they will be ejected (but not items). The same person can only be trapped once in the Maw every 24 hours.
    Wanting Change
    >The Kathar is able to change the length and color of their hair at will, as well as their Body Shape, Height, and Body Fat, though not the structure of their face or their skin color or eyes. Additionally, they can make pieces of clothing that they are wearing disappear and reappear, but they can only make clothes disappear they were already wearing, and make clothes reappear that they were wearing previously.
    Wanting Ascendant
    > She does not yet have access to this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Visual Information

Eye Color: Pale Green

Hair Color: Jet Black

Hair Style: Curly Bob

Skin Color: Light Gray

Clothing: Loose and easy to move in clothing. Usually exposes some skin.

Height: 5'9

Personality

Choose your Character Alignment

↠ Neutral Evil

Choose your Character Personality Type

↠ The Debater

Choose your Character's Religion

↠ Agnostic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Birth

The air was crisp in Saivale and the stars were just starting to appear. Snowflakes gently descended from the sky from the clouds that covered the luminous moon. A Saivale woman was shaking in pain, covered in her own sweat and blood. She did not let herself scream, no, that was a sign of weakness. From her pale white body, she produced a pair of grey twins, squirming and crying beneath her. She lifted her body up, staring at the two. She took the twins in her arms and held them closer. She named the twins Gwelurin and Norin.

Adolescence

Gwelurin, who decided to go by Gwel, grew up isolated from the outside world. She was tutored by her mother and her mother only. For the first few years of her life, the only people she knew were her mother and sister. She became close to her sister in this years of being secluded. She was all she had at the moment.

Gwel's mother introduced her to many arcane arts of Aloria. The initial being Void Ritualism, which she spent a year perfecting. Around midway through her ritualism studies her mother taught her a few sorcery spells she deemed useful for her daughter to utilize.

Around this time, when she neared the end of her adolescence, Gwel was met with the task of punishing a slave. It was a crimson witch her mother had owned, who in her words, “had been using its tongue far too much.” She was forced to cut the slave’s tongue out slowly with a dull knife. This exposure to violence didn’t traumatize her, rather, warped her mind. The more she made the slave scream the more she enjoyed it. From that point on she would find little reasons to punish a slave, so she could feel that rush of pleasure once more.

Adulthood

Nothing interesting happened in her adult life until she reached the age of forty-five. Seeking more in life Gwel decided to depart from Saivale. Of course, her sister tagged along, not wanting to be left alone. They would explore the vast seas of Regalia before settling in Daendroc. More specifically, the crime-ridden city of Hallonq. They would stay in various people's houses and never get too attached to people there. As they stayed there, Gwel adapted and learned the common language spoken there.

Being in Hallonq didn’t only encourage her violent tendencies, it worsened them. She would jump into mass beatings just for the fun of it. This was only the beginning, as she began to go down a dark spiraling stairwell. She became hedonistic. When not found at home, she would be found in a brothel or opium den. The only thing that took her out of this phase was her pregnancy. She had no idea who the father was and didn’t intend to find out. She did know, however, that it couldn’t have been Kathar.

Gwel and Norin moved to safer part of Daendroc during these times. Away from the chaos, away from the bloodshed. Nine months later, a healthy Half-Kathar was born, and in six months- Gwel had to give her child away. At first she fought it, mother's instinct. But, she thought beyond the social and cultural reprecussions. She thought about herself. In the current stage of her life, she would ruin this child, a fact that Norin made abundantly clear before. Two months later Gwel finally decided on the right person, in her mind at least, to raise her child. He called himself Mister Maroto. They talked in the months prior, and she had grown to know him well. When she offered him her child, it took him two days to consider. Eventually he said yes, and took in her child as if it were his own.

After that Gwel hastily left Daendroc, taking a boat with her sister back to her home. There,
    she spoke nothing of her pregnancy to her mother. She would try to avoid her mother as much as possible and would be going out often. During these outings, Gwel had come into contact with something strange. It was a pile of bones. It wasn’t that it wasn’t uncommon for bones to be spotted, rather, the sensation she felt when she touched them. It was like a jolt of energy passed through her body. Throughout the course of a week, Gwelurin developed an attraction to bones. While it wasn’t as strong to call it an obsession, she felt drawn to them. It took her another two weeks to realize she had been possessed. She then would begin scavenging for bones in her free time, constructing glorious bone golems in the underground of her house.

Until three months prior, Gwel had never thought about coming in contact with her child. Though she suddenly felt the urge to reconnect with them. Find them in the streets of Regalia, if they even were still there. She decided it was time to take another boat trip to the holy city. Taking the Bone Golems she could with her, as well as her sister, she set sail for Regalia.

Recent Times

Due to her religion being revealed as a lie by close friends, Gwelurin had a mental breakdown. She didn’t know what to do, and what it made it worse was the talk of ascension. To become not Kathar anymore. To being something better. Eventually, her mind settled and she understood this was for the good of their people. She was taught the Xenophane religion in the span of a few weeks, becoming more and more content with it.

When it was her time to ascend, she was led up the stairs by Kel’drocos to the Black Temple. There she was converted into a Manathar, more specifically, a Lector.

A danger began to arise that was a threat to the Manathar. Gwel is a survivor, she always had been. And she wasn't going to die yet. Not after she just had finally settled down with someone, her husband, Andrathath Vaell'aer. Given the choice, she decided to change her race, unknowing it would change her into a Kathar again. She changed her name, slightly bone-sung her face. It was just the right amount to be reversed to her former bone structure, and enough for her not to be recognizable. She became Maroto.

The more time she spent as Maroto, the more Gwelurin felt a strange feeling in her gut. Sometimes she would look in the mirror and not even recognize who she was. She was trapped in a body she hated. She isolated herself for a few days, unable to bring herself to go outside. When a beckoning feeling to visit Vala overcame her, she searched for her and found her in the Willow. There they talked and eventually she was interviewed to see if she was allowed to become Manathar again. To her concealed disappointment, Gwelurin's answers did not align with Griffin's true vision of the Xenophane. She decided to change her race, for what she thought would be the last time, into a Suvial Altalar.

As all her friends, people she has grown to know as family, became to revert to Kathar, Gwelurin felt increasingly more uncomfortable in her skin. Like her Maroto form, there were sometimes where she would stand in the mirror and wonder, What happened to me?

Drulvaar children began to pile in, and Dread Rebirth's became increasingly popular. This was her chance to complete the circle she never knew she was making, and become herself again. It took a month or so of prepartion, most of which was delayed by the Clicker Crisis. In the month of June, she finally stepped into the black ichor that filled the bath, and rose from it a Kathar again.

Gwelurin decided a few weeks after becoming Kathar that she needed to take a break from Regalia. She began to travel around Aloria, coming back to Regalia twice a month to spend time with her husband, Vaell'aer.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 HereticTakao, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  2. HobblingHobbit

HobblingHobbit ~Eating punks like you for second breakfast~ Aspirant

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. HobblingHobbit

Alright let's get cracking! @HereticTakao

Skill Information:
    • Scorpion cannot have a tail as Gwelurin herself does not have a tail. I would advice you to reread the Demonic Possession page as there are several inconsistencies throughout your app in relation to Defiler of Hallows Content.
    Personality and Abilities:
    • Your first and second body paragraphs aren't technically inconsistent but I would like to see some more cross over. If she is rude and intimidating why should she judge herself and care about what she says. Alternatively, is she making an active effort to change the way she behaves, or does she only judge her behavior towards certain people, and is rude and intimidating towards others.
    • Touch more on her relationship with her twin in her third personality paragraph. It's a significant relationship and I imagine she behaves differently around her.
    Mark changes in pink.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  4. HereticTakao

• Added more into the personality section, and rewrote the third paragraph.
    • Added a sentence into the Life Story, to explain why it took her so long to realize she was possessed.
    • Fixed Bone Golems.
    All changes made in pink.

@HobblingHobbit

5. HobblingHobbit

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  6. HereticTakao

I finally added the +10 greater gang bonus. I also took away her Underworld knowledge and added 12 points to kathar ritualism, and invested 14 into throwing combat. I also added some art. My approved tag went away so I just need to be approved again.

#6 HereticTakao, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  7. TheVigilantWolf

TheVigilantWolf Regalian Pioneer

I'll be picking up your application for re-review.

@HereticTakao

8. TheVigilantWolf

Your +14 in Throwing Combat can be calculated into your Body Stat number, other than that one edit needed your application is looking great.

@HereticTakao

9. HereticTakao

10. TheVigilantWolf

11. HereticTakao

@TheVigilantWolf I've updated the app due to Gwel becoming a Manathar! I've redone her proficiencies, removed her possession attributes, added her new abilities, updated her visual information, expanded a tiny bit on the life story, and redid the personality section.

12. TheVigilantWolf

My review!
    - 33 Body Stat could put you above the Slim Body Shape if you wish, though keep in mind the maximum body shape for a Lector Manathar is Average.

Well done on your edits, I couldn't find any discrepancies in relation to the new race and the integration into your character.

Next please make sure all edits are done in a different color. Approved!

@HereticTakao

13. HereticTakao

@TheVigilantWolf

I've removed her Athletic Training and invested those 9 points into her Throwing Combat skill. Updated her Body Stat, as well as her body shape. She's a toned babe now. She also got married, so her full name is now Gwelurin’ümerie Venphyra'relínni Vaell'aer, but I didn't add the part of her marriage in the life story. I'll do that later. All changes down in this color.

14. TheVigilantWolf

15. HereticTakao

@TheVigilantWolf I updated her proficiencies due to the update, her body stat, and removed Manathar Script in her languags and replaced it with She'llaq(the void ritualism language). All of that is in this lovely color.

16. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Looks great! Approved.

17. HereticTakao

@Katiesc

Ayo, I finally got around to updating the app. I changed Gwel's race to her current race now, added her current alias, updated her life story, and edited her body stat to 50 since her cap has changed due to being Kathar now. All of this was done in this color.

18. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Looks good, Approved.

19. HereticTakao

@Katiesc

I'm so sorry,, I added sorcery spells. That's the only change I made besides adding into her lifestory that her mom taught her them.

20. Ewdrawings

Ewdrawings Lucky

Hi there, due to a small backlog of applications, I'll be re-reviewing this character! @HereticTakao

Well done for including her sorcery spells into her lifestory! Your proficiency points with the spells all add up, so approved!

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  21. HereticTakao

@Lord_Immortal

Yeehaw!

Due to an IC event(or more like a meeting), Gwel is now a Suvial Altalar. I changed around her proficiency points, added some more to her life story, and updated her body stat and shape. All of that is colored in this color.

I also edited her physical description,, but like,, I didn't think that needed to be colored.

22. Ewdrawings

Ewdrawings Lucky

23. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Approved buckaroo.

• Like Like x 1
  24. HereticTakao

@Katiesc

Heyo! As of last night, Gwelurin has become a Kathar. This is the last race change that will happen to her btw, she staying grey. With the change came the shuffling of prof points and getting everything good. I took away her +20 investment into Sorcery, and rather kept her three most used sorcery spells with Mageblooded. I invested ten points in Athletics, making it now +12, and added 10 into Unarmed, making it +15. That changed her body stat, making it now 46 physical stat. I added her Void Sire into her "Special Traits" section just underneath her spells, and extended her lifestory to discuss the recent changes.

All of this, except the Void Sire section, was done in the same crimson red color I've been using.

25. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Approved <3

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  26. HereticTakao

@Katiesc

I finally updated Gwelurin's profs. Highlighted all that stuff in this color. Added Re-Arrange to her spell list, due to the Sorcery changes. Added a tidbit in her life story about why this gal has been gone. And that's about it. Yee haw.

27. studsonsc

studsonsc the only son.

Approved >:3c

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1