Archived Gradual Strengthening Of A Race

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DisturbedReaper

Wambologist
Reaction score
This is a simple suggestion that the bonus a race receives are dependent on the amount of time the player has been that race. For example: First becoming a dwarf you have a %5 damage bonus with an axes, and over a span of lets say 20 days, that increases to %15.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
unless there is going to be a reset point, then I can see this going very badly...

I like this idea, with the caveat that new players, who would be switching to a race from raceless would get the full bonus, as conceivably they have always been that race, not having been another before. Giving a lower bonus to new players would be unfair to them.

This would also protect against a race reset, as the first chosen race from raceless would be at full power.

If this happens there will be an even BIGGER chasm between the old and new players, I don't really support this.

I like this idea, with the caveat that new players, who would be switching to a race from raceless would get the full bonus, as conceivably they have always been that race, not having been another before. Giving a lower bonus to new players would be unfair to them.
That would give an incentive to stay on longer so you can eventually get the upgrade.

People who have been here longer are obviously going to be "better". It's like complaining you don't have 10,000 silver when you first join, because FHFDoom does >.<

Maybe their just weaker for an hour, to combat changing mid battle. In my opinion the rewards for long term players are too big already.

Like Cowboys stated, we are talking a matter of 20 days or so, maybe less. This would not really benefit older players as much as some are making it out to be.

If this did happen, i would say it should reset if a person were to change his race.

It would techpac I it is supposed to stop people from changing races so quickly.

Isn't that where MCMMO comes in it gives you a boost when you train it'd be a bit weird to make you get a boost for possibly doing nothing for 20 days, lets say you have the damage increase with bows; you don't use a bow you use a sword then in 20 days you miraculously get another 10% increase in archery damage, MCMMO is intended to give you a bit of a boost in fighting at the expense you have to train, quite simple.

I think it's an interesting idea, and (this is coming from a low-level noob with somewhat-bad mcmmo stats, so you know I'm un-biased) I think that it's great and realistic that older players get advantages such as this. It only makes sense. Shouldn't a seasoned soldier in the army, who has served for years and years, be noticably stronger than a young whelp who joined earlier in the week? Now mcmmo already does this, so my opinion about whether or not this should be implemented isn't too strong, although I do like it. But say, a Yanar who has been practicing his herbal methods for a long time should be able to heal more effectively than a younger one. (that part was biased :D, I would love to get some more powerful healing. xD) As long is it isn't an incredibly game-changing difference, I support this. Also, I don't think it should go much higher than it already is. It should just start lower, and then maybe the max is slightly higher than the current max.

Status
Not open for further replies.