Archived Gifts 4 All

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

BenRekt

Chopper Gunner
Reaction score
Faction
Magnanimus
Already suggested this in @pokyug 's post (which you should go read, if you haven't already).

I get that the server needs to support itself, and with the new EULA, which is quite frankly stupid, keeping the server up will be much harder than ever. I don't want to rant at all about why Gifts4All isn't going to help the server in the long run, other than simply saying that it's going to run the survival economy into the ground just as much as OP fishing and /fix, if not more.

Now onto my possible solutions / replacement:

1. Allow players to purchase "dungeon keys" that unlock a new challenging quest / dunegon for everyone on the server, and have good rewards for finishing said quest / dungeon.
2. Allow players to buy events, i.e. a KOTH or PvE event that anyone on the server can participate in.

There are many benefits of these ideas that I can clearly see if these are used as replacements:
a) People will not abuse this system using alts to spawn in multiple god-tier items (You can run a dungeon twice, but it's much more difficult to have to run the dungeon on all of your alts than to simply log-in and have a god item thrown into your inventory).

b) It actually encourages players to play on the server, rather than justthrowing an item in their inventory. Simply put, it will make the server just a bit more exciting and somewhat unpredictable.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
These are really good ideas, to be honest the community has come up to some really good alternatives for the server to make money, I just hope the staff implement some of these.

1. Allow players to purchase "dungeon keys" that unlock a new challenging quest / dunegon for everyone on the server, and have good rewards for finishing said quest / dungeon.
I really like this one. I could see this being purchased a lot of PVPERS/casual survialist doing this for loot at the end. And best yet, it doesn't create an influx of items, since people need to have the skill and determination to make it to the end. Many will try, few will succeed, depending on the level of difficulty.

The dungeon key idea could be very unique and fun, but there would need to be something to spice it up so it isn't a massive click and crit-fest like those Mrs Baver PvE events.

Marked as Under Review. Shop suggestions are always welcome and staff will keep their eye on this thread.

2. Allow players to buy events, i.e. a KOTH or PvE event that anyone on the server can participate in.

The quest one is a bit tricky or near impossible at the moment with how quests work sadly but it is a good idea and we will definately keep this in mind for the future if we expand on the quest plugin.

We already have purchasable KOTH's on the list, we are waiting for integration from the koth plugin to our shop plugin for it to work.

Great suggestions!