Archived General Ideas

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

zachabobo

Leader of Majestica
Reaction score
Faction
Majestica
Kingdom
Viserys Kingdom
These were some general ideas I had, they may not be the best but whatever.
  • Spectator mode to minigames
  • Change the outer wall of the shops to barriers
  • Add all of the new blocks to worlds with the world restore plugin. Have some stone blocks be replaced by the ore. (Make this optional to factions, you can sign up to have it done to your land on the forums maybe?).
  • New, much better Rift, or maybe add a nether-like biome to worlds and incorporate it into the lore.
  • World restore plugin to all worlds
  • Keep Ellador so I don't lose my other base. Plz.
  • Faction price increase back to 2,000. I think the new system promotes more small factions rather than discouraging them. I could support a faction of 10 by myself no questions asked and have a very happy, stable community with no tax. With 60 members you have a very unstable place and it is very hard to recruit.
  • Dual citizenship with factions, and make it so that faction leaders can specify these factions. Maybe you would always have to have a "home faction" so if anything ever happened between the factions you wouldn't be left without one.
  • Moar wiki articles. Looked for one about the royal family, couldn't find it :( (Or that might just be my bad searching skills).
That's it! You heard it all here first :D

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
A lot of these I +1. Many factions have an alt or pvp faction(for those that are rp based) and it can be an annoying process for players having to bug their leader/officers into readding them every time. I would like to see and use those new blocks that are out and I'm sure many others feel the same.

For the Rift idea, that would be tricky but would add a "threat" to the world of RP. (Much like Oblivion with the Gates of hell popping up everywhere).

• Faction price increase back to 2,000. I think the new system promotes more small factions rather than discouraging them. I could support a faction of 10 by myself no questions asked and have a very happy, stable community with no tax. With 60 members you have a very unstable place and it is very hard to recruit.
+1 to most of these. I'm partial to adding more wiki articles because they never seem to help me understand anything apart from how confusingly complex this whole lore thing is.

The reason faction prices have changed is not because of the surplus of factions. Rather, it was decreased to allow newer players to get right into the Massive experience as soon as possible along with their friends. It also has the side affect of getting rid of single player factions.
P.S. Tax is based on how much land you have claimed, not on how many players you have within a faction. If you find your tax too much of a burden, then unclaim any unnecessary land. Its a simple problem with copious amounts of solutions already put in place for you. Be creative.

+1 to most of these. I'm partial to adding more wiki articles because they never seem to help me understand anything apart from how confusingly complex this whole lore thing is.

The reason faction prices have changed is not because of the surplus of factions. Rather, it was decreased to allow newer players to get right into the Massive experience as soon as possible along with their friends. It also has the side affect of getting rid of single player factions.
P.S. Tax is based on how much land you have claimed, not on how many players you have within a faction. If you find your tax too much of a burden, then unclaim any unnecessary land. Its a simple problem with copious amounts of solutions already put in place for you. Be creative.
I know it's not based on the amount of members. But the problem is, new factions can let a player join and offer them a 20-chunk estate with a private darkroom. I like to be able to give my members some decent housing.

I know it's not based on the amount of members. But the problem is, new factions can let a player join and offer them a 20-chunk estate with a private darkroom. I like to be able to give my members some decent housing.
There is another feature to this system that was intended specifically for what you are asking for. The tax system allows you to tax your players (with an option to kick them if they don't pay) so that you can always have the amount of money you need for each payment. You don't have to financially support everyone by yourself anymore. Besides, if you want to live the life of luxury you'll need the money to afford it first.
But if it turns out your members don't want to live the life of luxury, then don't tax them and don't give them a 20 chunk mansion to live in.

There is another feature to this system that was intended specifically for what you are asking for. The tax system allows you to tax your players (with an option to kick them if they don't pay) so that you can always have the amount of money you need for each payment. You don't have to pay for everything yourself. Besides, if you want to live the life of luxury you'll need the money to afford it first.
But if it turns out your members don't want to live the life of luxury, then don't tax them and don't give them a 20 chunk mansion to live in.
This is a good idea, I put a one regal tax on everyone. It pays plenty. This is okay, except for the fact that small factions don't need this. The leader can get enough to give his members mansions by darkrooming for a minute. I know they wouldn't be 20 chunk ones, but maybe 5 chunk ones.

This is a good idea, I put a one regal tax on everyone. It pays plenty. This is okay, except for the fact that small factions don't need this. The leader can get enough to give his members mansions by darkrooming for a minute. I know they wouldn't be 20 chunk ones, but maybe 5 chunk ones.
Hmm, I remember another one of the reasons for this tax system was to work as a super efficient money sink. Let's say that faction has 60 chunks of claimed land for three members, so the faction leader needs to pay 6 regals every day
6*365=2190, so in a year that player would have paid more for this faction then they would have had to pay if using the old faction system. They could also split the tax so that every player pays 2 regals a day, but even you have the ability to do that.