Archived Gambeling

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roll dem bones

classic gamer
Reaction score
i was wondering if there was a plugin that did random numbers showing up in local chat i used to play on a server that had it i cant remember the name but it had were you would type /roll dice and a random number of 1-6 would show up i not sure if the creator has updated it or where to find it but i was just suggesting someone put that mod in the server to make for gambeling were people would bet on if the number came up as 6 or something just a suggestion sincerly bone_mage

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
While this would increase the Server Role-Play what use would it be? What would you gain from it? Unless you can place prizes it would be none other than a small, time waster.
Though the nobles would enjoy this....

i think we should have people required to place bets for the money like if ur a noble 1s per bet minimum and 10c per bet minimum for non nobles

i think we should have people required to place bets for the money like if ur a noble 1s per bet minimum and 10c per bet minimum for non nobles

That shouldn't be required. They can bet whatever they want. However, since this would be a complex plugin and I do not think Cay or Mon would not make this. I'm sure they have other things to enhance role play.

That shouldn't be required. They can bet whatever they want. However, since this would be a complex plugin and I do not think Cay or Mon would not make this. I'm sure they have other things to enhance role play.

a. not complex,
b. i put up a post for the same /roll plugin but for a much better role-play reason, combat
c. i think /roll would be a good plugin and command to have

In my opinion it could work like that: you type in command /roll and an argument from 2 to whatever, and a random number is announced in a range between normal talking and whispering to everyone around you.

example:
john, jack and tim bet different numbers from 1 to 10
tim does /roll 10
whoever got their number closest to the one that was announced wins.

It'd be a good way to pass time in the tavern, and you could simulate throwing anything, from a coin to a x-sided dice

Plus you could do different things in roleplay based on the outcome of /roll. That could decide if you dodge an attack or not, like patrickdxs said in his post above.

i never thought of using it for rp lol i just thought of using it to make the money spread a lil bit

In my opinion it could work like that: you type in command /roll and an argument from 2 to whatever, and a random number is announced in a range between normal talking and whispering to everyone around you.

example:
john, jack and tim bet different numbers from 1 to 10
tim does /roll 10
whoever got their number closest to the one that was announced wins.

It'd be a good way to pass time in the tavern, and you could simulate throwing anything, from a coin to a x-sided dice

Plus you could do different things in roleplay based on the outcome of /roll. That could decide if you dodge an attack or not, like patrickdxs said in his post above.

You could just base the type of attack to your character though,
LONG VERSION VVV
Ex. Your character is strong in the legs, like mine.
If the other person happens to strike you in the legs first, you get to dodge TWICE, after that, it is a successful hit, and your legs become harmed in the way intended, and your character is now going to have the lower end of the fight due to loss of their strongest part of them.

However, if something is extreme, say a person actually swings a sword at you, I constantly have it that it is usually either parried or blocked, in the occasions it managed to hit, it is blocked in a tone so that there is simply a deep cut.

Unless you deliberately plan to RP your character's pain, all you really need to do is think of this;
Alright,
I have a choice to dodge 2-3 things in this long-termed combat.
What do I want to dodge?
Do I want to dodge a kick to the nose,
Or do I want to dodge a punch to the groin?
After that, you really just need to use your own thoughts as to what you carefully want to lose/win.
SHORT VERSION VVV
I honestly say, if you require dice to know when something is going to hurt,
Try fighting in real life.
Almost the entire time, you will be hit, as well as the opponent.
That's a more realistic way to imagine RP, like an actual fight.

I'm not saying that every response in a conflict should be decided by a dice roll, that'd get boring and rp fights would lose fun. A mix of just rping fighting most of the time, like you said
you (...) need to use your own thoughts as to what you carefully want to lose/win.
And sometimes, when either party can't decide what should happen, and we're getting close to god rp, a dice roll could be used to determine the outcome of an action. That way we wouldn't lose the fun in roleplaying and we could deal with god rping easier. Maybe it'd be possible to add some points to a dice roll based on your stats and we have system similar to dungeons and dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.