Pending Review Frontier Camp: Feedback

Discussion in 'Factions' started by MokeDuck, May 4, 2019.

1. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!

This is for feedback regarding the frontier camp and the Essalonian revolution.

Problems:
    Quests
    Quests start too early as you approach the camp.
    Quests give kinda weird rewards. Fences and hardened clay? It seems pretty unbalanced: a stack of hardened clay is probably too much, considering the stuff you're gathering is equivalent to like 9 string and sticks or half a stack of cobble. I would suggest a random level 1 enchanted book... maybe even just give one every third quest you complete. Otherwise it feels like you're just getting back the kinda of items you just put in. I literally gave an NPC 32 cobble wall and got as a reward 32 cobble wall.​
    Accessibility
    There is no /tp
    The path is indistinguishable from the player-made paths and no signs or holograms tell you where to go, besides an unclear direction from a green text (super hard to read) sign on the corner of a message board that otherwise only has player-made messages.​

Suggestions:
    If possible, require people to join a faction before participating. This will encourage the correct direction from new players in Essalonia. Plus, the goal is factions involvement, right? Seriously: when the CoK tokens came out as a fountian-quest reward, it unified my whole faction toward a common goal and activity and player retention spiked.

Move the camp closer to Essalonia spawn or even replace Essalonia spawn with it. The fetch-quests are really a great thing, and having them off to the side is kind-of a shame. Plus, a more open spawn makes everything much more clear, and currect spawn is beautiful and all but really its a maze and a pain to find your way around in, whereas the frontier camp has a clear center thats perfect for a spawn and an open layout for easy travel. The fetch quests also provide an immediate answer to the question "what do I do" that every player asks when the log in.

Make the NPCs independent: either allow you to do the same NPC twice, but still keep the overall 3-per-day limit, or do that and additionally make each NPC job quest level up toward 33 individually. That way, you can choose one thats more suited to the kind of stuff you want to do, just like job island and the fountain quest races.

#1 MokeDuck, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
  2. Emkaloua

Emkaloua Regalian Senator

Maybe 2-3 tasks per npc per day rather than just one? Or group the ones this applies to closer together?

3. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

NPCs already can give you the same style of quest, per my accidental discovery.

Apart from the quests responding a bit too soon, I think it's a good start. I know that quest making is one of the hardest jobs on the server, and I enjoyed it since I know it's a teaser.

I don't think it should be required for players to join a faction to participate, since faction membership will give you an edge in these quests anyways. Would a player rather fend for themselves in the wilds and obtain the quest items, or would they rather use the faction community dump chests to get the stuff?

4. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!

Well yea, but since this is so close to spawn, it would be helpful for giving players direction to require them to join a faction. Every survival player is going to join a faction, besides the newbies that don't know what a faction is. The advantage you get when you join a faction is just so big that its almost not viable to play factions without one.