Franz Knispel

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by wenchinatavern, May 4, 2021.

1. wenchinatavern

wenchinatavern Refugee

[​IMG]

"I don't like potatoes. Not that I hate potatoes I just don't like the taste. The starchy kind of food gets on my nerves. Potatoes go okay in a potroast I guess. Maybe with some butter. If you boil them until they're soft and use butter - i mean a lot of butter - they're fine but it's only because of the butter and you really could've just eaten bread with the same ammount. I mean I get it, it's easy to grow, I just don't like the taste of them. If you want an alternative that's easy to grow beetroots and carrots both work well. Still if you want something that just grows anywhere and is filling you can't really beat potatoes so I get it I guess. Don't like 'em though. Carrots also work as an alternative. Steamed carrots sound good. I'll probably go make some now. Anyways that's why I don't like potatoes. Unless they're mashed. Mashed potatoes are great."

Character portrait drawn by BeetrootSalad/Erwin Braunschweiger. Many thanks.

Character Information
    • Full Name: Franz Knispel
    • Race: Ailor.
      • Racials are Seize Destiny (Strength has a prof limit of 8), Ailor Familiar (Waldmarker Black Hawk), Dark Empathy, and Practiced Speech
    • Sex & Gender: Male
    • Sexuality: Depends on their blood-alcohol content Straight
    • Eye Color: A bright blue.
    Core Concept
    • Knispel has a shaky relationship with Unionism. On the one hand he is generally devout, on the otherhand he has had second guesses, particular in relation to the Crown's actions during the Drachenwald Crisis and his feeling that many Unionist priests justified that on account of holy lineage. He scarcely if ever speaks of the latter, however.
    • Knispel is an old mercenary, a very brute-force-solves-everything kind of guy who likes to lead from the front, with a fiery personality and a tendency to do stupid things in a burst of anger and than immediately regret it. He is themed after the Landsknechts of the middle ages, carrying a greatsword and having the same outfit.
    Proficiency Information
    • S - 8 (Seize Destiny raises strength cap to 8. Unarmed, Blades, Large Blades, Short Blade, Axe, Blunt, Polearm, Flexible)
    • Cn - 1 (Resilience Pack)
    • W - 0
    • D - 0
    • Ch - 5 (Leadership, Dignitary, Saboteur from State Packs. Empire Linguist Pack. Mount Husbandry Pack - Cheval du Ciel. Will note that he hates riding the thing, even if he often finds it necessary, on account of being a below average horsemen and being afraid of heights. Yippie.)
    Languages
    • Common (Free)
    • Walder (Native)
    • Empire Linguist Pack
    Appearance Information
    • He's mundane, with a great variety of scars gained over the years. The most visible in his full outfit are a big one across the center of his nose, which is crooked from being broken one too many times.
    • Knispel is huge for an Ailor at over 7 foot, and looks like he could wrestle an Url and have atleast 50-50 odds of winning. He wears a garish but well tailored outfit, uniquely having a "puff and slash" look. The outer garment having been torn and sewn with holes. The sleeves and leggings are colorful, bearing red and white stripes on his right with gold, turquoise, and blue on his left. Atop his head is a starfish style of hat, in a matching red and white. If currently hired as a mercenary he will wear a set of half plate above his clothes, and cover the graves and gauntlets with his outfit. Overall the outfit would be well made, if flamboyant. On someone who's as ..odd.. as him however it looks absolutely terrible. Almost like a man in a jester outfit.
    Life Story
    • Knispel was born in what is today Waldmark, in the Drachenwald before the crisis hit. His father was a man named Ulbricht, a Blackmark Mercenary already in service to von Sherburnes, and his mother an Ithanie woman named Elea who his father had met abroad and eventually had a family with.
    • His youth would be largely defined by the Drachenwald Crisis and it's consequences. Much of his extended family would be killed during the massacres perpetrated by the von Sherburnes, and his father defected and formed a small rebel band with men from his hometown. While Ulbricht Knispel had no real impact on the outcome of the war, it's still a point of pride in his family that his father was a Blackmark who turned sides early in the war on principle, unlike those who rebelled at the end for not being paid. When the Crisis ended, he helped on the family farm and eventually around 14 started to work as a camp follower for a Landsknecht company in preparation for becoming a full fledged mercenary.
    • At 18, he was sent off to join the Calemberg Ordner. This was probably an attempt by his further to get him into a still martial but more honorable line of work in the Imperial Army, as opposed to becoming a landsknecht. By all accounts he was a good if not exceptional student, and received a commission as a Captain in charge of a 200 man Company in time for the Chrysant War. There he would participate in the suicidal attacks on Barazzt, and eventually as the war draw to it's conclusion in a spree of genocidal attacks on the locals, he resigned and gave up his Officer's commission.
    • In the time that's passed he's made a living as a Mercenary. He visited Ithania at one point to try to connect with his Mother's side of the family more, though this didn't work out. He's fought in every other major conflict in the last twenty years, most of the time as a Mercenary or a low level Soldier.
    • Eventually he came to the Crown Isle seeking work. In the time since he's had quite a few adventures, including the last Occupation, serving as one of the Mercenary Officers for some time, and quite a few battles. He has no intention of leaving yet, though he does seem to be nearing retirement.

• Winner x 4
    • Powerful x 2
    • Immersive x 1
    • Cuddles! x 1
    • Thank You! x 1
    #1 wenchinatavern, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  2. Follower

Follower :3c Staff Member Roleplay Staff

Claimed for Review.

3. Follower

@bardinatavern Everything seems to be in order EXCEPT that your age does not match up with the year of birth. Fix this, outside of that Approved.

4. wenchinatavern

wenchinatavern Refugee

I changed it and forgot to change it back after I did the math. Fixed now

#4 wenchinatavern, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
  5. wenchinatavern

wenchinatavern Refugee

@Follower can I get this re-reviewed?

Most of the changes are reformatting, putting more important information higher up the page and also using spoiler tags to make things look nicer. The only statistical changes are that I swapped 9 prof points off dagger combat and needlework, into brewing and baking because I just wasn't using them.

6. Follower

@bardnotinatavern Please reinclude the Core List as a spoiler in the Personality section, and the appearance bullet points for the appearance description. While it may be less aesthetically appealing, it is for documentation sake if someone needs to pick up your application down the line. Once you have done so, tag me once more and I will review it again.

7. wenchinatavern

wenchinatavern Refugee

@Follower alright it should be good now! I ended up moving the core list to questions and bounced some of the answers off SomeRandomMan/Fulgore's player to try to get good answers.

8. Follower

9. wenchinatavern

wenchinatavern Refugee

@Follower. Character was infected and now has Milot bloodline. I also shifted 4 points from Unarmed to Heavy Ranged combat to represent the character starting to use throwing spears. When he becomes more experienced with them ICly, I'll shift more points into it.

Not super happy with quality of the formatting but I need to just get it done for now. I'll revisit aesthetic formatting later.

10. Follower

11. wenchinatavern

wenchinatavern Refugee

@Follower
    Hate to ask for re-review again but I needed to redo the char sheet for the linguistics update anyways. Changes are as follows:

6 points shifted from Unarmed as was already planned. 4 went into Heavy Ranged. 2 were saved for Linguistics.
    4 points were removed from Brewing. I found I wasn't getting the chance to use it. 3 were put into Musical Arts since I wanted to have the character be able to play the flute, and 1 was saved for Linguistics.
    Those 3 points saved were put into Linguistics to get the Ithanian Language, since you now have to buy your third.

Alt-Regalian no longer exists and was replaced with Öbern

12. Follower

13. wenchinatavern

wenchinatavern Refugee

@Follower Character was cured! No other changes made.

14. Follower

15. wenchinatavern

wenchinatavern Refugee

@Follower Handful of changes. The command/espionage schools no longer exist which freed up 6 prof points. 3 were put in linguistics to get Calem for a total of 6, and 3 were put in instrument art for a total of 6.
    Obern was swapped for Hinterwalder since apparently Waldmark uses both and I like Hinterwalder better.
    Progression Information also added, Level 3 Warrior specifically.

16. Follower

17. wenchinatavern

wenchinatavern Refugee

@Follower Updated to comply with the Ailor rework, ended up taking Voluism to maintain their height and shifted prof points around with the new boosts and using honed skill. Nothing outside of proficiencies, height, and racial abilities was changed

Edit: Update to the update. I had them written before as a mercenary unit leader, with command school to back that up. Because of that I've changed their prog talents around to be 2 warriors 1 general, and also took husbandry at the cost of instruments so they can ride around with a unit of men.

#17 wenchinatavern, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  18. Follower

19. wenchinatavern

wenchinatavern Refugee

@Follower Few updates, all point removals.

Voluism no longer exists so it was dropped
    Ranged weapons no longer allow the use of throwing weapons. The character used javelins, so that's been dropped.
    I found I just never, ever used the 10 point husbandry and dropped it to 5.

Total of 16 points refunded. Also updated height updated to 6'6 to comply with new limit. RIP Big Franz.

Not using the points for anything for now, this is just to update the char sheet to comply with rule changes and also drop husbandry.

Edit: Update to the update. I just found out Ailor racials were updated and have edited the sheet to reflect that. Husbandry has now been dropped entirely, since they get a pet from one of their ailor specials and that's all it was being used for. I shifted some of the refunded points into Perception, but am still floating most of them.

#19 wenchinatavern, Feb 2, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  20. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

I'll be claiming this for review since Follower is no longer staff.

21. Caelamus

Caelamus Sir Honeybear the chronic druid main Supremium

Approved, though next time you ask for review I will ask that you fix the format to the new application template. You might as well start doing that now so for the next go around it'll be in order.

22. wenchinatavern

wenchinatavern Refugee

@Caelamus Been a while. Sheets updated, super barebones but everything should be there.

23. BiBiBirdie

BiBiBirdie The Bird Monarch

24. wenchinatavern

wenchinatavern Refugee

@BiBiBirdie Super small edit, just changed what state packs they had after the update since one of the ones he had no longer exists, got saboteur pack in it's place.

25. BiBiBirdie

BiBiBirdie The Bird Monarch