Florin Rainstadt

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by FutureTeller, Oct 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. FutureTeller

FutureTeller Criminally mad with no batteries

"You have a heart in there somewhere, Mister Rainstadt. I believe it."
    "I do. Otherwise I don't think I'd be alive."

- Conversation between Florian du Poncaire and Florin Rainstadt

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷「BASIC INFORMATION」ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

♦ Full name: Florin Rainstadt

♢ Nicknames & Aliases: ((TBD))
    ♦ Race: Ailor
    ♢ Culture: Leutz-Vixe, leaning towards Imperial/New-Regalian
    ♦ Age: 23
    ♢ Birthday: 11 January 286 AC
    ♦ Sex: Male
    ♦ Gender: Male
    ♦ Sexuality: Straight
    ♦Eyecolor: Green - the color of a basic bitch

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷「CORE CONCEPT」ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Florin claims to be a faithful Unionist, often even using greetings or goodbyes leaning on the faith. Though in truth, he doesn’t care too much about the religion and only sees it as another way of fitting in with others.

♦ Florin is a cold-hearted Engineer, thinker and combatant on the side. He sometimes gets deeply invested in specific topics, switches between quiet and rambling too much and has a very logical approach to things.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷「SKILL INFORMATION」ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

♦ Proficiency

♢ 15 Bardiche Combat (Core)

♢ 10 Writing Art (Core + Seizing Innovation)
    ♢ 5 Cooking Art (Hobby)
    ♢ 5 Theatre Art (Hobby)

♦ Point-Buy

3 Linguistics (Core)
    9 Metallurgy (Core)
    18 Engineering (Core)

♦ 0 Points left unspent

♦ Body Shape
    ♢ Physical Stat: (5 = 15 + 0.5 x (9 + 3) = 26/30)

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷「SPECIAL TRAITS」ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

♦ Ailor Racials
    5 Abilities

♦ Ailor Familiar

TBD
    ♦ Engineering: Steamtech
    ♢ Pack 1 - Environment
    ♢ Pack 4 - Biotics
    ♢ Pack 6 - Weapons: A cane that can be reformed into a weapon by twisting the handle at the right angle, dependent on the weapon of choice.
    ♢ Pack 7 - Hooking: The Grappling hook is integrated into Florin's Steamtech weapon, which is mostly seen in the form of a cane.
    ♢ Pack 8 - Familiar: A hand-sized butterfly that can be folded into an intricate fountain-pen. Also used for writing.
    ♢ Pack 9 - Hacking

♦ Metallurgy

Iron Family Metallurgy
    Utility Metallurgy
    Finecraft Metallurgy

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷「LANGUAGES」ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Common
    Lëtz
    Ithanian
    Calem

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷「APPEARANCE INFORMATION」ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

♢ Florin currently has no maims or mutations.

♢ Florin looks rather average, standing at 5’11 with black hair, pale skin, green eyes and a near-neutral expression at all times. He prefers to wear dark colors, switching between Leutz, Wirtem and Imperial fashion.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷「BACKSTORY」ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

♦ In the early January of 286AC, Florin Rainstadt and his twin, Juno Rainstadt, are born to an Ithanian mother and a New-Regalian father, who had moved to Praag to raise their children within the Leutz-Vixe culture as a cultural middle-ground. While his sister Juno was closely watched over by their mother, Florin was left with his father or his own devices, though his upbringing was far from bad. He only occasionally listened in on what his mother taught sister, while his own interests revolved more around strategy games and the sciences. Florin began reading about Steamtech.

♦ In this mixed household, Florin picked up on all three of the cultural languages. Whatever he didn’t learn from spending enough time with his mother he made up with his studies. At the humble age of ten, he assembled his first, albeit unstable inventions powered by steam-pressure. By fourteen, Florin was sent off to follow his interests. While his mother took Juno to study abroad, Florin went to the Regalian Ecological Academy to study science and physics, but also see the world that was out there. It was his first glimpse of something other than Praag, and it wouldn’t be the last.

♦ Finding a kick in travelling around, he continues on by making his way through Lorenthaus and Genevaud towards Mansfield, attending the Imperial Regalian Naval Academy there. Florin made for a good scholar and writer, and traveling alone made it mandatory to learn cooking. Next to attending his studies, he also continued working with Steamtech, using his travels to meet with many other masters of the craft to learn about different ways and methods to use the machinery, as well as acquire materials. At 21, Florin learned about the Dread War happening. He returns to Praag, hoping to avoid getting involved over his strategic capabilities. Wits were something his mother taught him well despite being more focused on Juno, and Florin would make use of that to keep himself occupied. He begins training in combat, stalling for time at first before finding he did well at wielding the bardiche. By the time he moved on from his training, the war he was hoping to wait out had long passed. Content with these results, Florin prepared for his next journey.

♦ Taking the next ship to Regalia, Florin hopes to find something new to dabble in. His sister was still abroad for her studies, but that didn’t concern him too much as he made his way into the holy city.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷「PROGRESSION TALENTS」ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Engineer 2
    Admiral 1

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 FutureTeller, Oct 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  2. FutureTeller

♦「TRIVIA」♦

Florin is a rather quiet person, often only saying what needs to be said.
    Florin often switches between being focused and brooding, and out-going and social. The prior being his personality, and the latter being his attempt at getting along with people better and building a decent social image.
    Florin has no long-term friends from the academies he attended, or his childhood.
    Florin sometimes has a rather casual approach to serious topics. Whether he actually takes the situation seriously or not does to align with this outward expression.
    Florin does not enjoy change, especially when it comes to rules or systems.

#2 FutureTeller, Oct 29, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  3. FutureTeller

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷「RELATIONSHIPS」ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

♦ Family
    ♢ Juno Rainstadt | Sister
    ♦ Business relations
    ♢ Florian du Poncaire née Peirgarten | Employer
    ♢ Milena Cadieux du Lierre | Family's employer
    ♢ Milicent Ilaine | Ex Co-worker
    ♢ Kip | Co-worker
    ♢ Darth | Co-worker
    ♦ Friends & Associates
    ♢ Keavy Aldane | Associate, family friend

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #3 FutureTeller, Oct 29, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  4. FutureTeller

#4 FutureTeller, Oct 29, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  5. Acosmism

Acosmism Sugar Parental Unit

Claimed for review.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. FutureTeller

@Acosmism I had a small communication error with the person playing Juno so I had to make a quick backstory edit.

Changed Osteiermark to Praag, that is all!

7. Acosmism

Approved.

8. FutureTeller

@Acosmism I have (with 99% less fighting with the forums formatting) updated Florin's app to the new template!

I also shuffled some points:
    - Added 5 Husbandry. I've yet to determine what because I intend to ICly acquire a pet by the shadiest means possible.
    - Cut Theatre Art from 5 down to 3. I didn't need it that high.
    - Upped Writing Art to 10 with Honed Skill 2, now that the old Honed Skill 3 has been axed. Speaking of.
    - Schooling has been axed, but both schools are still included in the backstory.
    Due to me filling two niches with this character (Engineer, guard soon-tm), I can't get the Admiral prog talent, so Florin has just canonically not only attended admiral school to get an advantage in battleships, but also chose a life of refusing a job as an admiral. I guess.
    - Added a neat little IC-quote that I deemed very fitting to the character.
    - Compiled backstory. By simply.. removing the bullet point symbol to make 4 bullet-points out of 6. No changes.

Changes to prof marked in Green.

9. Acosmism

Please add your progression talents on your sheet below the life story.

10. FutureTeller

I have added the bitch below lifestory.

EDT: AND CALLED IT PROG TALENTS INSTEAD OF LIFE STORY LMAO.

11. Acosmism

Approved.

12. FutureTeller

WAIT @Acosmism I JUST REREAD THE OAFE I CAN. BOOT WARRIOR AND GET ADMIRAL AGSGSFAFDHVJCBTHDH.

Done.

• Like Like x 1
  13. FutureTeller

@Acosmism I am no longer a Nautilaan.

Picked out racials, got more extra points because of honed skill 1.

Planning to add the Grappling hook engineering pack, as well as another 5 into bardiche combat soon, but not quite yet. There are things I must ICly do first.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FutureTeller

Hi @Acosmism I woke up today and was like "time to commit some time to my boy Florin Rain-city not-a-woman-contrary-to-popular-assumption."

• Proficiency - invested remaining 11 left-over points
      • Upped Bardiche combat ( 10 -> 12)
      • Added Engineering Pack 7 - Hooking.
        • Merged it with weapons into one thing because I've ICly been doing some neat aesthetic shifting-weapon stuff, and thought it'd be both fitting and a soft-nerf to compensate for the aesthetic choice in the form of 2 engineering abilities being 1 easy-to-steal item.
      • Added Finecraft & Utility Metallurgy
        • I've arrived at a point where I realized that making neat random Steamtech flavour-things (like a pen that can change colors and also functions as a lighter, etc.) for other characters is something Florin may do every now and then as he goes.
          I'm adding Utility and Finecraft to have full freedom on what I can do in that department and to be able to explain any fancy stuff I feel like writing up.
    • Appearance information
      • I'M GIVING FLORIN A HAIRCUT I SWEAR TO GOD TOO MANY PEOPLE ASSUME HE IS A WOMAN AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT AAAAAAAAAAAAHJSDGAJSRGVNFNGCB EWHIJBBKR HBJ oh also I added a sentence about his fashion choice; basic and probably lowkey gothic.
    Changes are marked in green.

15. Acosmism

Reeeeeeeee approved.

16. FutureTeller

@Acosmism Updated accordingly with Ailor ability update.
    • Removed Husbandry art, as I just get a free pet now lolololol.
    • Moved 5 hobby points to Theatre art instead, 3 Core points moved to Bardiche combat.
    • Physical stat updated accordingly.

17. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

Claimed for staff review! Expect a reply shortly

18. Yurs

Yurs real life catgirl

App looks great! There's one section that needs to be removed, the "11 points left unspent", as you currently have all points invested. This is a very simple change to make in post, however, so I'll go ahead and give it da greene stampe.

APPROVED

• Agree Agree x 1