Archived Fix4all (hear Me Out)

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

Mightor

Warlord and Architect
Reaction score
Faction
Crusadous
Kingdom
Holy
Ok so I have an idea:

Fix4All as a donation perk.

*Now before you complain please listen to the way I think this could be implemented, as it will benefit the server, players, and pvp and shouldn't hurt the economy in order to do that. *

Here's what Fix4All would do: This would be a $9 or $10 donation offer on the website. When bought: For 1 hour it would make /fix free for everybody. However each person would only have a max of 300 or 400 /fix, so if you want to repair more than 2 or 3 items you need to pay someone else to fix them for you.

PROS:
- This would be a great way to stimulate some economy for people who otherwise are very poor as they would now have a skill (fix power) that others would demand.
- Allows pvp factions to restock their armories and fix up their gear for future pvp.
- It would help fund the server, I know many pvpers would pay for this including myself.
- It offers a sort of "firesale", and it won't inflate the economy with God Gear because if you don't already have damaged god gear then this fix4all won't be of much value to you (AKA. Noobs won't just randomly be given a god axe, which would deflate the value of it.)
- Doesn't spawn items out of thin air to inflate the economy with.
- If too much armor is being fixed and the economy is getting hurt, lower the maximum /fix to 200 or 300.

CONS:
- If it becomes too frequent it could remove the need for McMMO or regular armor repairing
- If bought mid-battle, it might make people leave their pvp in order to go fix things
- Could inflate the economy with too much god gear being repaired (But this is configurable)

EDIT: People seem to believe that this will be able to be abused by alts. My solution to this would be to give everyone the fix power at the start of the hour and it expires after 1 hour is finished, however if you are not logged in when the initial Fix4All package is purchased but log in later in the hour, then you will not receive anything. You technically could still log in with all your alts then buy the donation package to get extra fix power, but you can't you already do that with Axe4All etc so what's the difference?

How does it sound?

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The only issue I see is that potentially people with a dozen alts would effectively get thousands of fix points

Yeah my 7 alts and I would love this! :')

The only issue I see is that potentially people with a dozen alts would effectively get thousands of fix points

Yeah my 7 alts and I would love this! :')

Those are good points. This could either be solved by:

1.) Only giving the hour of free /fix to the players online at a specific moment in time (Because I don't think people have 7 alts logged in at once all the time)

or

2.) Track alts with IP logging and such (which I know is unreliable and I know about proxies etc, but it would at least potentially contain the problem by stopping MOST of the cheating)

To work around that first point I would just log in my alts before buying the donation.

In the alt scenario the donator is the one with the alts. Unless it's @Jackson413 lol

In theory, this is a decent donation idea. In practice, we can only theorize how it would affect the server over all.

I already don't care for the feature that is /fix, but I make do, and hope we can eventually reach a compromise that makes /fix the last resort. Ideally, I would like for the normal /fix we have to be removed, and this donation feature implemented instead.

• The feature would still exist, just in a more limited form.
  • Would raise money for the server.
  • Would create a commodity that role players can sell, and the commodity would actually be scarce, since it has to be bought with real money.
Before this idea is implemented though, the changes would need to be made to MCMMO fix and mob XP. Once those changes are done, I would support this idea's implementation if /fix was removed from normal use.

So @Alj23 are you saying like... It's a good donation if /fix wasn't usable without the donation hour? Like if the only way to /fix was in the donation?

So @Alj23 are you saying like... It's a good donation if /fix wasn't usable without the donation hour? Like if the only way to /fix was in the donation?
Yes. /fix is a game breaking feature that inherently removes the need to play the game like it was intended.

I would never be able to convince everyone that /fix should go completely, but I think we could compromise with this suggested solution.

Ok so I have an idea:

Fix4All as a donation perk.

*Now before you complain please listen to the way I think this could be implemented, as it will benefit the server, players, and pvp and shouldn't hurt the economy in order to do that. *

Here's what Fix4All would do: This would be a $9 or $10 donation offer on the website. When bought: For 1 hour it would make /fix free for everybody. However each person would only have a max of 300 or 400 /fix, so if you want to repair more than 2 or 3 items you need to pay someone else to fix them for you.

PROS:
- This would be a great way to stimulate some economy for people who otherwise are very poor as they would now have a skill (fix power) that others would demand.
- Allows pvp factions to restock their armories and fix up their gear for future pvp.
- It would help fund the server, I know many pvpers would pay for this including myself.
- It offers a sort of "firesale", and it won't inflate the economy with God Gear because if you don't already have damaged god gear then this fix4all won't be of much value to you (AKA. Noobs won't just randomly be given a god axe, which would deflate the value of it.)
- Doesn't spawn items out of thin air to inflate the economy with.
- If too much armor is being fixed and the economy is getting hurt, lower the maximum /fix to 200 or 300.

CONS:
- If it becomes too frequent it could remove the need for McMMO or regular armor repairing
- If bought mid-battle, it might make people leave their pvp in order to go fix things
- Could inflate the economy with too much god gear being repaired (But this is configurable)

How does it sound?
Terrible, /fix ruined the prices of god armor when it was only accessible by premiums. The server shows that there are 550-500 reoccurring premium players a month, and 6000 reoccurring non-premiums. You are suggesting making the feature 12 times more available, also allowing for the cost of god armor to drop 12 times faster. Allowing the feature for all players (Void of cost) removes demand for exp, god armor, and regals. I heard one player tell me that overall the server will pay 100,000 regals for /fix overall within the next month. Suggesting to remove that, well I don't like the idea of it. I would much rather preserve the value of god armor, and keep the demand for regals high, so players are forced to support the server if they want to accommodate their expenses.

Edit : I did not realize that you wanted to make it only for an hour, lol (My bad).
Like @Alj23 said, allowing the option would be ideal. Only If McMMo repair was fixed, and changes were made to EXP drop frequencies/amounts.

Last edited:
Terrible, /fix ruined the prices of god armor when it was only accessible by premiums. The server shows that there are 550-500 reoccurring premium players a month, and 6000 reoccurring non-premiums. You are suggesting making the feature 12 times more available, also allowing for the cost of god armor to drop 12 times faster. Allowing the feature for all players (Void of cost) removes demand for exp, god armor, and regals. I heard one player tell me that overall the server will pay 100,000 regals for /fix overall within the next month. Suggesting to remove that, well I don't like the idea of it. I would much rather preserve the value of god armor, and keep the demand for regals high, so players are forced to support the server if they want to accommodate their expenses.

Edit : I did not realize that you wanted to make it only for an hour, lol (My bad).
Like @Alj23 said, allowing the option would be ideal. Only If McMMo repair was fixed, and changes were made to EXP drop frequencies/amounts.

What do you and Alj mean by "if McMMO repair was fixed"? Are you talking about keeping 100% of the enchants when at 1k repair level?

Idk what they meant but I would like it if at 1k repair you were guaranteed keeping all enchants.

You must remember, Massivecraft does not make or update or change MCMMO, they could be able to tweak the percentage on that, but I honestly have no idea.

You must remember, Massivecraft does not make or update or change MCMMO, they could be able to tweak the percentage on that, but I honestly have no idea.

There's already a lot of McMMO features that are tweaked on Massive. And I think it's a default McMMO feature to keep all enchants at 1k repair and Massive reduced this (I could be wrong though).

---

Anyways, @MonMarty from a staff POV does Fix4All seem like a reasonable donation package?

The number can be easily tweaked in the mcmmo configuration file, which is easily changeable. It would literally require changing one number in a plain text file. No coding involved.

I think fix4all would be a great donation perk. No matter what the perk is for donating, having 7 different log in for the perk is a problem for all of the possible perks. I don't think we need to re-invent the wheel for this one perk trying to figure out how to solve that potential problem with the donation system.

Even if you aren't granted any type of fix power for further fixes, it would even be a solid perk to just auto /fix all items that are equipped/in inventory (maybe in /bp too) on all logged in players. If you miss the /fix because your armor isnt equipped or your sword is in your chest, well thats just the same as being in creative or having a full inv during other donation perks.

Sure, the person that buys the perk could fill up their inv with all sorts of random equipment to maximize their advantage, but that's no different then buying a double drop when your whole fac is already in the dark room and ready to go and afk'd for 15 minutes already so everything is already spawned in. The person buying the perk maybe should rightly have a bit of an edge in knowing it is coming.