Archived /fix Discussion

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwiggy

Officer of Insani
Reaction score
Faction
Insani
The command /fix costing money is going to demolish the servers economy, and heavily discourage pvp, as it will be rather costly. I think /fix should be free for all, but limited to 50 - 100% of a single items durability per day, so as not to make to make it too powerful. Perhaps you could do both, allow some free, and pay for extra. But I don't think that /fix costing money is doing us any favors.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think we should return to the 500 points a day.. But maaayyybe cost regals if that runs out. So if I'm fixing more than 500 points.

My only problem with that is that you would always be able to repair everything very easily... limitations are good sometimes, if the entire server could do that, no good would come out of it, in my opinion.

ya i would say change it to how it was with the free 500% and anything after that would then cost regals

I personally think it should be disabled entirely. Massive's economy is basically dead. Like, you can't really make money off of god armor/weapons anymore, making pvp a pretty much 100% free thing. It's pretty much an "oh, darn" type of thing when you die, or need to repair your god armor. I personally think it shouldn't be this way. I think the way it is now is pretty balanced, although maybe a slight decrease in the amount of regals it costs per %. I mean, it's definitely cheaper than using anvils and xp.

250 points per day for everyone, pay for anything beyond that. Should be enough to fix armor and crap if you pace yourself.

Maybe lower it to 100 points a day?

Here's my reasoning: with the EULA changes and such the Regal market, from what the few sources I've read, is losing more money than what it gains. More people are trying to grab as many Regals now as possible, and don't want to waste money to repair something that's just going to suck more money from them each time.

Currently, the money-percent system is probably pretty good economy-wise, as the amount of god armor in circulation is going to drop by a lot. Yes, people will just wear out the durability and throw them in their armor chest graveyards, but for the most part the armor in circulation will plummet, which from what I gather is what many people want.

So then god armor prices increase and then sellers make back the money they need to repair old sets of armor, which then get added back in. So god armor will kinda fluctuate with the economy.

So that's my current guess on what will happen. But back to my first sentence. Obviously the one's that are hurt most are the ones who don't have the resources to have multiple sets of armor and tools. Furthermore, these people are probably only getting Regals by voting, so not a very large amount. The /fix power would allow them to not worry about having to gather the diamonds and xp to repair tools on an anvil, or to have to start over getting new armor when the repair cost is too high.

Ok, so the above stuff is a bit jumbled up and not very fluid, so I'll sum up the big take away message:
Having the /fix return to a 100 power/day kind of system is probably better than the current 1r/percent system. This would make Regals stay in the market, instead of going to fees and such. This also benefits those who really don't have the means to make a steady flow of Regals.

I personally think it should be disabled entirely. Massive's economy is basically dead. Like, you can't really make money off of god armor/weapons anymore, making pvp a pretty much 100% free thing. It's pretty much an "oh, darn" type of thing when you die, or need to repair your god armor. I personally think it shouldn't be this way. I think the way it is now is pretty balanced, although maybe a slight decrease in the amount of regals it costs per %. I mean, it's definitely cheaper than using anvils and xp.
Can I make a suggestion for you please?

Make a thread about how you think the economy should be fixed and what action should be taken to fix it.

Based on what i have learned on school and some speculation of myself i think that the following will happen:

With the /fix now costing regals people are going to be more likly to just use up their armor. Once they run out of enchantments for new piece, chances are high they wil stop using them altogether because what's the point? it breaks after 10 minuts anyway. This will drive up the price for god armor a lot, wich is a good thing.
but
Regals will start to deflate because the premium injection is gone. This in turn means that overal prices will go down because the value of the regals go up.

Tagging @Madus because he can explain this stuf so good <3

I don't get it though I fixed 15% of each armor piece and it cost me 15r per piece. Where's my 250 free fix points?

Based on what i have learned on school and some speculation of myself i think that the following will happen:

With the /fix now costing regals people are going to be more likly to just use up their armor. Once they run out of enchantments for new piece, chances are high they wil stop using them altogether because what's the point? it breaks after 10 minuts anyway. This will drive up the price for god armor a lot, wich is a good thing.
but
Regals will start to deflate because the premium injection is gone. This in turn means that overal prices will go down because the value of the regals go up.

Tagging @Madus because he can explain this stuf so good <3

More than anything I think you're just going to heavily discourage PvP, killing off a large part of the server

Can I make a suggestion for you please?

Make a thread about how you think the economy should be fixed and what action should be taken to fix it.
eh... thousand word suggestions... I'll probably do it this weekend.

no ones tryna spend 500r a day on fix power, especially if you actively pvp everyday it's going to eventually take a toll on your savings

I agree but there would have to be some sort of alternative coded in for repair. God armor will eventually become 'too expensive' to repair with an anvil and maxed out mcmmo repair isn't reliable enough to keep the full enchants when repairing, plus I'm guessing less than half of the current pvpers even have maxed out repair. So yea if they made a 'MassiveRepair' plugin or some shit like that I would be on board with removing fix

The cost of fix has now been reduced. It now costs .5 regals per 1% of Fix.

We are currently watching the market and money situation to evaluate if we need to make more changes, where, and what to modify.

Status
Not open for further replies.