Archived Fix Bloodlust. Please? No? Okay...

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LumosJared

Around
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Faction
MartyLand
Kingdom
Viva La Republic!
Hello.

So, after fighting with Valyria for a while, and vamps in general, I've come to a conclusion that many others have. Bloodlusting in this sort of lag (Ie 10 and below) means you are near invulnerable. I'm serious, unless you luckily predict where they will be in 5 seconds, your going to lose. Perhaps Bloodlust could be disabled in pvp, I don't know, but this issue needs to be fixed. I heard Mon was working on fixing this (and if that's true, my apologies) but this balance issue makes me not want to participate in pvp: No sense of an honorable fight can be had when a bloodlusting vampire on golden apples can seemingly teleport faster then you can think "Why are my legs flying off" (facepalm)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I mainly use bloodlust for jumping 6,5 blocks. So, if you make the speed and jumping the only significance of bloodlust. Remove wooden stakes as well.

I announced a while ago bloodlust would be altered, but this will only happen once Cayorion is ready with the chat plugin recode.

How so could refer to alot of statements. Why does cay only do it after he is done on the chat plugin? Why is cayorion making a chat plugin? what will be the alterations to bloodlust? why did I announce it? Be more specific.

I was at valyria's base today bloodlusting around so that I stood a chance, I was staying alive against ~8 people because they couldn't hit me. I can't wait for the nerf.

I'm thinking along the lines of making it a cooldown ability, nerfing the blood gained from hitting players, nerfing the overall glitchyness of bloodlust by decreasing the jumpyness and speed increase, and giving some more damage output.

I think there should be a way to jump 5 blocks, maybe with acrobatics. Speed... that should happen with McMMO as well. If you run enough, you get faster, right?

Well, I have no plans to be a vampire, so I guess we just get to wait till then. Cheers for the reply.

use holy water! its a nuiscance for vamps to deal with.
The problem with holy waters are:
1. It costs materials. Especially if you just want to fight a little bit in an arena. It is annoying, that you have to waste 2-3 lapis to be able to kill 1 vampire ,who will anyways come back in 10 secounds. Bloodlust doesn't need anything. You can do it whenever you want and the only thing it consumes is foodlevels, which you can easily get back, if you hit somebody.
2. It blocks your inventory. If you woud want to prepare for a battle against vampires only, sure, you could take a whole inventory of it. But then you don't have enough free space for loot.
3. With lag, all you can do is: throwing it and hope that in 5 secounds a vampire will be at that location.

Hello.

So, after fighting with Valyria for a while, and vamps in general, I've come to a conclusion that many others have. Bloodlusting in this sort of lag (Ie 10 and below) means you are near invulnerable. I'm serious, unless you luckily predict where they will be in 5 seconds, your going to lose. Perhaps Bloodlust could be disabled in pvp, I don't know, but this issue needs to be fixed. I heard Mon was working on fixing this (and if that's true, my apologies) but this balance issue makes me not want to participate in pvp: No sense of an honorable fight can be had when a bloodlusting vampire on golden apples can seemingly teleport faster then you can think "Why are my legs flying off" (facepalm)

If it's so amazing, and OP then use it? But then you would probably start complaining about getting one-shotted with a wooden sword by way of counter-attack. Additionally were mostly vampires at the moment because we are focusing on leveling MCMMO skills and it helps a great deal.

I don't play a vampire because I do not RP as a vampire. I would hardly pick a race for the sole combat benefits, that is metagaming.

Not only that, it takes no skill to kill a diamond armored bloke in lag, if your a vampire. Turns combat into a complete cluster-molest.

I remember MonMarty had a poll on this...Can MonMarty please post it? I think people would like to see it and respond to it. :)

I don't play a vampire because I do not RP as a vampire. I would hardly pick a race for the sole combat benefits, that is metagaming.

Not only that, it takes no skill to kill a diamond armored bloke in lag, if your a vampire. Turns combat into a complete cluster-molest.

Step 1: Take wooden sword. Step 2: Hold wooden sword in hand. Step 3: Run around and get hit by a vampire. Step 4: Vampire gets one-shotted by a counter-attack, the more damage the vampire does the more damage you do back. This has been used very effectively against us, and is a trend that is spreading throughout the server. It will still get nerfed regardless in the next few weeks as MonMarty said.

Status
Not open for further replies.