Archived Fishing Buff

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nray93

That one guy
Reaction score
With 1.7 now on the server the Fishing skill delivers almost 0 benefits for fishing.
The fishing rate is vanilla (so no increase in that)
+
No Mcmmo treasures.
Basicly all you can do with this skill now is shake mobs. Not to mention that raising it got very painfully slow.

There are 2 Possible solutions to this:

1. Increase bite chance again. More fishing skill -> higher chance (cap at 1k).

2. Readd mcmmo treasures. Im not even sure if they would need a nerf. Considering that it now takes fairly long to fish something up and even then the current mcmmo treasure rates at treasure hunter rank 8 are not very high (I think it adds up to around 25% or so).

One more thing, I want everyone who thinks of posting here catch a few fish now with 1.7 .
If someone has not done that and shows that in his/her post you can expect me to taunt your for being an ignorant person (things changed from 1.6.4 to 1.7.2).

HUGE EDIT (06.12.2013 5pm gmt+1):
I checked the wiki and it appears the mechanic for fishing has changed.
Before 1.7.2 every tick there was a 1/500 chance for the blobber to go down, a.k.a. a 0.2% bitechance . This was raised by cayorion to 1-5% (depending on your fishing skill) .
Now with 1.7.2 there is instead a timer. It starts at a random value between 100 and 900 and counts down each tick. Each lure rank reduces it by 100 , for up to -300 with lure 3 (im sure there is a limit, like no reduction below 100).
This changes fishing so that it takes between 5 and 45 seconds without lure and between 5 and 30 seconds with lure 3.
That would mean that in order to increase bite chance there would need to be a decrease of the timer (like 0.1%*Fishing skill chance to go down 2 instead of 1 FOR EXAMPLE) .

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
i have cought some fish and i tottaly agree that it is slow. and personnaly option 2 sounds more atractiv than option 1 with or without a nerf

Fishing got nerfed a week after I hit 1000 and I was on the verge of rage quitting the server because of it. Fishing has been my main source of food for quite awhile and once they nerfed the bite chance as well I just gave up fishing. So I agree completely with this, they need to add back one or the other. Maybe even both. But to keep it fair lower the amount of treasure you get and how expensive/rare it is and maybe nerf bite chance a little. Because honestly, for those of us who drilled our fishing for weeks on end to get to a high rank deserve some kind of reward from it... Even if it is small. Mob drops is not enough motivation to level fishing past the hundreds. And now for us, who have high fishing skills, its just wasted mcmmo levels that do nothing but boost are overall power level. They really need to add something positive back to mcmmo fishing.

I support this idea.

I 100% agree with nray93. I actually mentioned this in global after attempting to catch a fish for around 5 min before I realized I just hadn't waited long enough...

From 1.6.4 - 1.7.2 fishing level became useless less one fact and that is shake chance.
So anyone who did take the time to train fishing has really taken a big loss here.

I think nray93s Suggestions are ones to look at.

1. Would revert us back to a post nerfed 1.6.4 state
2. Would take us back to a pre 1.6.4 state but instead of people fishing up mass amounts of armor and enchanted items they would really have to sit and be patient. (Pre nerf you could real in a full inventory in like 5 -10 min. If reinstated with this longer catch time it would take much much longer)

Either way it would help the fisherman feel a little less useless.

I actually don't mind the new fishing wait... from an RP standpoint. In real life, it can take a while before something actually bites; assuming something bites at all.

However, in practicality, fishing IS too slow. I really like the new fish, especially the new potion, but I agree with the OP: it almost isn't worth it.

I actually don't mind the new fishing wait... from an RP standpoint. In real life, it can take a while before something actually bites; assuming something bites at all.

However, in practicality, fishing IS too slow. I really like the new fish, especially the new potion, but I agree with the OP: it almost isn't worth it.

True, but what's the point when you can get a couple pigs, start a huge farm, and get a stack of pork whenever you want it?

But nray93 I CAN'T go fish and I'm so sad!! My laptop is MIA and I'm posting via my tablet! +1 tho for the good idea!

I stood there for 5 minutes approx. and never even got a flinch... I do believe there should be a buff.

-Increase the max bite chance to at least 2-3%, if not a bit higher than that.
Main reason is that this will give reason to raise fishing higher than 150, and
people who trained fishing forever aren't ripped off by the removal off bite chance.
It's like taking armor damage completely away from axes, rather than just nerfing it.

Stop me if I'm wrong, but didn't Cayorion implement a mechanic separate from McMMO where bite chance increases from 0 - 5%, capping at 1000?

I believe it wasn't taken away, it is just hasn't been updated to 1.7.

Even so, supported.

So everyone knows lure 3 is equivalent to .30% bite chance, or a bite every 30 seconds.

Yes he did, but it does not work in 1.7

I'm sure he is aware, a number of other plug-ins are currently not working, but he has assured us that they will be working again in tip-top shape shortly. The bite chance plug-in not working is not a deliberate decision, it's just not updated.

GIVE ME MY FISHING BACK.....SOME OF US PAY TO PLAY

Checked the wiki and noticed mechanics changed. More info in the main post under "HUGE EDIT".

Status
Not open for further replies.