Archived Fireflies At Night

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

indyfan98

I'm not narcissistic. I'm just better than you.
Reaction score
a crappy hole in the ground, Pennsylvania.
Faction
ProudhammerClan
Though summer is drawing to a close, both in Aloria and in real life (unless you live in Australia or somewhere else in the Southern Hemisphere), in some warmer areas, it is summer practically all of the time. And one thing I love about summer is nighttime. Crickets chirping, birds singing, and fireflies flashing. Now, imagine if in some warmer areas of Aloria, and in Regalia during the summer, there were fireflies. You may be thinking that this is impossible. However, I have seen it done. Here are some screenshots of another, unmodded, server. I will not state the name to avoid advertising:
2014-08-18_20.01.09.png

2014-08-18_20.01.11.png

2014-08-18_20.01.14.png

All of these were taken on the same night at the same place, one after the other. Those lights are supposed to be fireflies. They appear for a second or two, and then disappear. It is something beautiful. It only happens in certain areas. Mostly forests. But it happens every night, and even with a bunch of players, it causes minimal lag. Now, imagine a summer night in the Regalian park, sitting by the lake, and seeing fireflies floating around. It would be amazing.

I see very few issues with this. The only thing is that if too many spawn, some lag may be created. But even then, it is just a few torch particles at a time. If Regalia can handle torches in every house, this should be no issue what so ever. I think a lot of people would like this. It amazed me when I first saw it. I stared at them for a while.

This could happen in many places. The swamps of Ellador and Ithania. The forests or Fenderfell and New Cerardia. The outskirts of Regalia. Though these would be a small, subtle effect, they would be something I think a lot of people would appreciate. They don't even need to be torch particles. They could be XP orbs that appear and disappear. I believe that these would be a minor detail that would bring life to the wilderness of Aloria, and make the world seem alive and teeming with life. Because the wilderness so far seems populated only with monsters, with passive mobs being very rare.

Who knows. This may lead to other ideas to make the wilderness even more beautiful. Sounds, random animal noises, wolf howls. Things to make the wilderness come to life. After all, in real life, you don't see everything you hear.

Thank you, and have a Massive day!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
YES YES YES YES YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! SO MUCH YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!
tumblr_m9asgn1AKf1ruxzhv.gif

Though summer is drawing to a close, both in Aloria and in real life (unless you live in Australia or somewhere else in the Southern Hemisphere), in some warmer areas, it is summer practically all of the time. And one thing I love about summer is nighttime. Crickets chirping, birds singing, and fireflies flashing. Now, imagine if in some warmer areas of Aloria, and in Regalia during the summer, there were fireflies. You may be thinking that this is impossible. However, I have seen it done. Here are some screenshots of another, unmodded, server. I will not state the name to avoid advertising:
View attachment 38026

View attachment 38027

View attachment 38028

All of these were taken on the same night at the same place, one after the other. Those lights are supposed to be fireflies. They appear for a second or two, and then disappear. It is something beautiful. It only happens in certain areas. Mostly forests. But it happens every night, and even with a bunch of players, it causes minimal lag. Now, imagine a summer night in the Regalian park, sitting by the lake, and seeing fireflies floating around. It would be amazing.

I see very few issues with this. The only thing is that if too many spawn, some lag may be created. But even then, it is just a few torch particles at a time. If Regalia can handle torches in every house, this should be no issue what so ever. I think a lot of people would like this. It amazed me when I first saw it. I stared at them for a while.

This could happen in many places. The swamps of Ellador and Ithania. The forests or Fenderfell and New Cerardia. The outskirts of Regalia. Though these would be a small, subtle effect, they would be something I think a lot of people would appreciate. They don't even need to be torch particles. They could be XP orbs that appear and disappear. I believe that these would be a minor detail that would bring life to the wilderness of Aloria, and make the world seem alive and teeming with life. Because the wilderness so far seems populated only with monsters, with passive mobs being very rare.

Who knows. This may lead to other ideas to make the wilderness even more beautiful. Sounds, random animal noises, wolf howls. Things to make the wilderness come to life. After all, in real life, you don't see everything you hear.

Thank you, and have a Massive day!
Gimme all your exp bottles, errr I mean fireflies. I think it would be really cool, maybe exp orbs that were somewhat faded around the edges to give a more glowing feel.
Oh crap, I said the word!
giphy.gif

-Looks at all of the beauty-

A million times yes.
Maybe even add a placeable lightbug as a light source, perhaps a redstone torch (not too bright) with retextured metadata.

x). Yes, yes it does.

despicable-me-minions-in-awe-gif.gif
That would be me at the Regalian park every night in Massivecraft.

First of all, yes i would like this.
not everyone would see it if they disabled particles.
I do not think it will cause lag, but i can give an explanation to why it might do. A lot of particles, that the server has to add and remove all the time. torches stay in the same place, these mgiht cause a little lag if they gets added and removed all the time. I also think there would be more of these than torches.

Immersive. Quite brilliant idea.

broadway.gif

YES YES YES YES

If only in regalia than still yes yes
BEST RP MOMENTS