Finance Ministry Decree 01 - 11/26/2020

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Birdsfoot_Violet, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Birdsfoot_Violet

Birdsfoot_Violet tacit and refined evil Staff Member Lore3

Published from the Desk of the Finance Minister
    11/26/2020

Preamble:

With the onset of a new Administration, and a new year, for this first decree I wish to elaborate plainly and personally upon my intentions for this position in the coming month and year. The reality of war and disaster within our borders causes the State’s finances to sit precariously amongst the banks of wealthy aristocrats and ever-growing houses. It is for this reason that I will make such clear: it would not be satisfactory to me to sit idly by with a bank exactly ‘balanced’ with funds, ensuring it only has enough to scrape by with administrative and other costs of upkeep. It would equally not be satisfactory to see a bank so laden with funds only by virtue of never spending, finding some perverse avarice in owning a large sum but having no use for it. I intend to spend the State’s money to better itself, and most importantly, the lives of its people. I consider that my foremost duty.

Therefore, the Finance Ministry addresses the following matters:

I. On the Matter of Taxes to the State and Empire:

The Finance Ministry gently and courteously reminds all members of the peerage of the vote to raise the State Tax to 35%, and that this is the last week to conform to this new taxation policy before the Iron Peace is enacted. For all Noble Houses that have yet to conform to this taxation, they are expected to pay back-taxes equal to 5% of the House’s Weekly income to account for the week of missed taxes. The State expects this to be paid in full.

-House Peirgarten 1.8k regals
    -House Harhold 2k regals
    -House Typhonus 3.5k regals
    -House Black 2.5k regals
    -House Viduggla 2.6k regals
    -House Delmotte 3.5k regals
    -House Reinard 3.1k regals
    -House Slumberwood 2k regals
    -House Sorenvik 1.6k regals
    -House Kreiburg 300 regals
    -Goretaan Throng 1.4k regals
    -Ariamorel 850 regals
    -House du Triege 1.1k regals
    -House Cadieux 1.2k regals
    -House Eledhwen 900 regals
    -Digmaan Vyzal 1.1k regals
    -House Mac Conall 900 regals

II. On the Matter of State Funds and Stipends:

The State recognizes the Finance Ministry’s management over the Regalian Recovery Fund, the Regalian Restoration Fund, and the Economic Recovery Fund. In addition, the Finance Ministry will be seeking the creation of future funds for specified purposes, managed by individuals delegated by the Finance Ministry, but still answering to the Finance Ministry as a whole.

III. On the Matter of the restoration of Crookback Bay:

The Finance Ministry recognizes the creation of ‘The Crookback Council Fund’ and designates Countess Valarosta Ino-Femunn as its manager. The Finance Ministry requests that the Countess speak to the Ministry at her earliest convenience, and see to it that the funds prior kept in her personal bank are transferred to this one. The restoration of the district colloquially known as "Petal Court" will be directly overseen by the state and utilizing a combination of its Recovery and Restoration funds.

IV. On the matter of Guard Bounties:

The Finance Minister requests a meeting with the Lord Commander, and the Violet Council, should they wish to attend, to speak upon the matter of establishing a permanent stipend for the purpose of funding Bounties for the State.

V. On the Matter of Contacting the Finance Ministry:

The Finance Ministry recognizes the time of 5pm to 6pm CST on Thursday Evenings as its hours of open office, wherein anyone without appointment may speak to the Finance Minister. The Finance Minister is open to requests for meeting outside of this time period, but cannot promise availability except when pre-arranged. If, for whatever reason the Finance Minister will be unavailable during this time (and is aware of it), such will be announced beforehand.

VI. On the Matter of Secretary Positions within the Finance Ministry:

The Finance Ministry is seeking individuals experienced in reading, writing, arithmetic, and the management of funds for the purposes of secretarial duty within the Ministry. This may include, but would not be wholly limited to: balancing books, proof-reading documents, assisting drafting messages or summons, assisting in keeping the office orderly and tidy, planning and proofreading financial ventures, etc. The Finance Ministry will be open to applications, wherein qualifications should be included in a written form. If standards are met and the applicant’s record found to be clean, the Finance Ministry will reach out for an established meeting.

VII. On the Matter of the Winter Season:

The Finance Ministry, and by extension, the Bancroft Chancellory, extends a thirty five thousand regal grant in goods to the Almshouses of the holy capital of the Regalian Empire. Consisting of new clothing, furs, and non-perishables to assist the Almshouses in taking care of those who go without at this time of year.

Her High Ladyship, Grand Countess Madelyn de Azcoissia
    Finance Minister of the Regalian Empire
    Electress of Realidad
    Governor of Litanon

-------------------------
    OOC:
    What are you down here for? Read the whole post.

-Pay your taxes. And your back-taxes.
    -The Finance Ministry will now manage some of the funds listed on the spreadsheet, and can create and delegate new funds for new purposes.
    -The Ministry requests a meeting with Valarosta and creates the Crookback Council Fund. @Athelois
    -The Ministry requests a meeting with the Lord Commander (and violet council, if they want). @Osowiec
    -5pm-6pm CST on Thursdays is when I’ll be in the government building for drop in meetings. Not today, though, because I am cooking with my fam.
    -I’m looking for secretary minions, if that’s something you’d be interested in. It’s a great way to get involved in the system without being a Noble. Or to steal my documents.
    -Alms. Alms for the poor. Stay warm, kiddos.

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    #1 Birdsfoot_Violet, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  2. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

Supplies were still low, Ibrahim realized as he was taking inventory, donations were being used up faster than they were being sent in. Restocking and maintenance was already a challenge for the winter, but the burning of Petal Court was only going to make things worse, from the flood of refugees to the sending of supplies to help recover what was lost. Letting out a huff, the Guneyliler went up the stairs from the basement and sat at a table, trying to figure out what to do.

Something caught his eye, and as Ibrahim lifted himself up from the table, he saw a courier put something into the Almshouse mailbox. The courier left, and Ibrahim limped outside to open the mailbox door and grab what was placed in there, ignoring the pain underneath his bandages. From the letter's outside seal, it appeared to be a government decree, but why would one be sent directly to the Almshouse?

Once he was inside again, Ibrahim went into the basement, sat back down and opened the letter, reading the contents but froze as he reached the end. His eyes darted back over the last paragraph several more times, just to be sure it wasn't a trick. Thirty five thousand regals in goods, it said, for every almshouse in the city. Attached to the letter was an order receipt for the listed amount, to be sent to the Regalian Almshouse within the week.

Ibrahim slowly set the letter down, looking over to the remaining boxes of food, and let out a long sigh.

"Thank you..."

• Winner Winner x 5
    #2 KrakenLord01, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020