Fiddler Of Red - A Public Letter To Cyprien De Letoirneau

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Bunemma, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Bunemma

Bunemma guinea pig gremlin Staff Member World2

Honourable Ser Cyprien de Letoirneau, and his extended family,

Despite our long lasting feud, I write to you with a heavy heart. It has come to my attention that my good friend, Tsetsiliya Iliyanovich has been branded with a heretical orcish marking. Testsiliya, a good, devout Unionist, has been branded by your hand. And for what, am I told? For expressing an opinion. In what world do we live in, where men have free reign to mutilate pious Ailor women?

Thankfully, the Lord Commander William Howlester saw fit to enact a punishment. A dowry befitting of a noble woman is to be paid to Tsetsiliya, but where is the money? It’s been well over a month now, Ser Cyprien, yet Tsetsiliya has heard no promise of money, nor received any. Seems you aren’t entirely keen on paying what is owed, but your family members are quick to spend countless regals on twelve rooms worth of furniture?

This all would be quite something on its own, but there’s more. There always seems to be more. Despite being relatively small, my ears have heard whispers about your fornication with a certain red-skinned orc. I’d heard claims of non-ailor fornication within your family from Rodrigo Peirgarten himself, but I’d always assumed it was either the Baroness herself, or Lady Sophia. They seem fond of yanar, and allar respectively. This seems to follow a trend, as your relative Rousseau was found to be fornicating outside of marriage while already scandalously trying to find a wife with a lowborn half-elf. Are you not married, Ser Cyprien? Do you not have a lovely daughter with said wife? Is it typical for honourable Ithanian men to forgo their loyal wives in favour of orcish-prostitutes? Perhaps the rumours of close ties between de Letoirneau and Kathar are true. No wonder there’ve been calls to castrate you, the maggots there must be doing serious work.

I implore you, Ser Cyprien, to pay double your dues. This will ensure Tsetsiliya is rewarded for her time spent suffering because of your handiwork. Please, Ser Cyprien, make good on what you’ve promised to do.

Yours Truly,
    Baroness of La Cresse, Emeline Delmotte

@Nathan @Miss_Silver @Ellimairy @Vivamente

• Powerful Powerful x 22
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Percuriam

Percuriam The Storyteller

Alderik snorted at the thought of anyone fornicating with an Orc more than once.

"We'd know if they did, they'd be walking bowlegged for months!"

He spoke to a rather huffy looking Howlester, before continuing on his way.

@SpunSugar

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. mochha

mochha yolo Supremium

“Hansen- take a look at this! de Letoirneau have once again been called out on their deeds. It’s a wonder they haven’t learnt a lesson.”
    Spoke the Peirgarten, waving her husband over to the couch within the Peirgarten Estate. Cackling as she read over the letter once more.
    @WrongChat

4. Yigit

Yigit Undertaker

Upon hearing the news and being read the letter aloud by one of the Peirgarten servants, Rodrigo cracks a laughter of humor and swings his legs up onto a table while delighting on a bowl of strawberries dipped in chocolate.

"Typical for the Letoirneau swines. I wonder which one was taking it, the Orc or Cypri?"

• Powerful Powerful x 5
  5. Reaganism

Reaganism 40th President of the United States

Audrey gasped in excitement and arranged to attend the next Letoirneau soirée.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Harald looked to Dietrich, "Degeneracy" @FireFan96

7. Eimyrja

Eimyrja 許爱朗

"Ay dios mio, you don't think she means Putyati, do you, Santi? Can't imagine anyone in their right mind sleeping with her... Oh! And to think I played Al Escondite with their matriarch."
    Remei would throw a hand over her forehead, and thrust the letter at her brother with her other.

@yuomr/jason

8. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

"You make me sick, Baroness. You have truly made me sick. You call against their family, then you call against mine." The Carwell would look towards the letter with disgust, not believing a word the Baroness is saying.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. bewitchings

bewitchings capturing hearts with a butterfly net.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

Nouveau had to do a double take on the page.
    Bitch what.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  11. ZiggyStarDusted

ZiggyStarDusted *lute music stops*

Enzo de Letoirneau would lay his hands upon the letter as it was brought to his home along the grapevine.

Though with a brow perked it didn't seem to fascinate him all too largely, overly exaggerated letters were nothing new to the man.

"Well.. I suppose it'll be something to speak of over dinner.."

With all but one more reading he'd fold the paper into his waistcoat pocket before reattending to his drinking..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"House Malafronte would, if it is found that Cyprien d'Letoirneau holds steadfast to not paying Miss Iliyanovich, be willing to pay the original amount owed to Miss Iliyanovich as a gesture of goodwill to resolve the dispute, as House Malafronte feel the two houses should be more focused on the issues our Empire suffers at hand rather than personal disputes. While understanding the political differences between the d'Letoirneau and the Delmotte, House Malafronte would like to try to redirect the attention of the two houses and that of the public back to the multiple crisis's at hand, and pays little attention to hearsay and noble gossip."

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    #12 SignoreScafuto, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  13. bewitchings

Posted right beside Malafronte's letter would be a simple, yet impactful note reading:

"I don't need your pity coin.

(P.S. My last name is fucking ILLYANOVICH.)"
    @La_Dybala

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Arhbi

Arhbi Peacemaker Supremium

Louis Delmotte sneered in absolute disgust, feeling nothing but contempt for his rivals and the offer which House Malafronte put forth.
    "The acts by Cyprien de Letoirneau are not a matter which we intend to deal with lightly, nor quietly. His actions were unjust and dishonorable, and the fact that House de Letoirneau refuse to adhere to the demands made by the Lord Commander only goes to show that the aforementioned Cyprien has not yet learned from his mistakes."

@bewitchings @Nathan @La_Dybala

15. SignoreScafuto

A reply note was scribbled directly onto the note beside his own letter:

"It's not my bloody fault your own friend can't spell your own name. I took my spelling from their original post. In any case, if you don't want my money, you don't really want the d'Letoirneu's money either. I suppose that goes to say something."

#15 SignoreScafuto, Jan 4, 2019
  16. bewitchings

Some dialogue stayed on the original parchment, and the later sentences scrawled onto a completely different one:

"No, no. I do want Cyprien's fucking money. You sticking your nose into business that doesn't pertain to you really goes to say something as well."

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
  17. Anarchizm

Anarchizm Regalian Pioneer

The Peirgarten has a look over it, nodding and holding it out to his ol' chum at his side while they eat their stew. "A second thing to read!" He cackles, shaking his head before speaking up once more. "They ought to just pay up and get it over with, to be honest. There's no need to prove a point."

@TheyCalledMeKiko

18. TheyCalledMeKiko

TheyCalledMeKiko Your Favourite Moustached Godling

“The Count Rote deems House Malafronte’s involvement in the matter as interesting. House Rote was not aware House Malafronte will be paying for every grievance other Houses makes and as such would like to claim a sizeable donation to the Colonial Effort considering their generosity. Their support in making the Colonies provide more food for the Empire is greatly appreciated. Count Rote gladly accepts your donation to the furthering of the Unionist cause.”​

• Powerful Powerful x 6
  19. SignoreScafuto

[​IMG]

"House Malafronte thanks the most esteemed Count Rote for their acknowledgement of the generosity of our house, and furthermore pledges the amount that was to go towards mediating the petty conflict between House Delmotte and House d'Letoirneau for the Colonial Effort to support the more loyal Colonial peoples of the Realm. House Malafronte asks that the Count Rote contact Patriarch Castellucci Malafronte to solidfy the donation amount."​

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    #19 SignoreScafuto, Jan 4, 2019
  20. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

Winifred von Rahm peered towards the open letter rather curiously as she moved about the day. She was hardly through the page when a look of horror cross her face and she turned about to hurry away. "How disgraceful," she commented as she went, feeling rather ill to think any good Ailor would do such deeds.

World's gone mad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Surrealizm

Surrealizm Refugee

Matías Caladwen peered at this letter laughing loudly as he read it over once and then twice. “Void, can’t nobles ever just. Agree to disagree?”

22. Swaki__

Swaki__ Marko Polo

Jormund Ottarsson looks at the letter as he walks by stopping and reading it "Don't they have anything better to do?"

23. alianon

alianon . Supremium

" It got worse, Vernon! " Exclaimed the former Darkwald from the next tent over.

24. willshankyournan

willshankyournan take an L

Elise Everstone scanned the letter with wide eyes, pausing before turning to her Isldar friend, ''This is really something, but I'm not quitting. Also-- You don't think they mean Putyati, do you?'' Should we go find Ross?''
    @bxrnes

25. Sujitation

Sujitation Big ORC

A wave of bellowing laughter came from Sibÿllad Lykke after reading 'Red-skinned orc', as she didn't get nor care for the rest of the paper's noble matters.
    "Bahah! Fockin' desgraceful 'rcs." The heavyset half-orc would comment, now hunched over and wheezing from her roaring chuckle.

26. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

None other than Thomas Dopsworth was posted right next to the town forum as he watched paper by paper be stapled on the wall. Once having contempt for the Letoineau, the Violet was beginning to have trouble really seeing who 'the bad guy' was. While at first he felt that this was some interesting gossip to look in on, each red face and angry scribble that was added sapped away his good mood from all that negative energy beginning to drown him in his own helmet. The shaming, the branding, the forced donation, the mediation in vain, it all seemed to slowly sink into his mind like the letters of his fellow soldiers at Rothburg who, at a young age, tried to bully someone out of the regiment due to some rumours that Thomas couldn't even remember.

"Doesn't it get tiresome?"
    Thomas asked the next person who approached the board.

"I mean no favour in no surname nor Ser, but when do you find a time to simply wait it out and let the Lord Commander decide what to do with him if he doesn't comply soon? Or approach him yourself instead of tack up a letter? What if he just never mails a letter back?"

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Altalar

Altalar has Rabies

Agnes stared blankly at the letter. “At least she isn’t pregnant.. I’d hope.” She muttered completely and socially unaware of what was going on anymore.

28. Ryria

Ryria i amne jusst a litle creechr

“He’d better cough up that dowry soon, since the Lord Commander Howlester was the one to give him that order.”

29. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

Hansen leaned over the back of the couch, eyeing the notice over Marie's shoulder as he gave out an amused huff, shaking his head as he read it over "Who do they think they are exactly?"

@mochalattes

30. mochha

mochha yolo Supremium

“Baguettes.”

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1