Archived Faction Permissions And Access

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

keylan118

Aretimen Lonsirr/Elantine Edavuer
Reaction score
Faction
Death
Kingdom
Death's Realm
Roleplay Guilds
Shadowless Blood
I must say I very much like the Factions plugin, but I believe it should be expanded. Here are my ideas.

Permissions
  • Faction Permissions expanded so you can set permissions for ally leaders and officers etc.
  • Faction Permissions expanded so you can specify permissions for each player
  • Faction Permissions expanded so we can have more ranks, or even define how many ranks our faction has?
  • Faction Permissions Expanded so you can specify each ally faction's permissions
  • Faction allows 2 leaders, maybe leaders can only be changed if A) 1 Leader and several officers vote to change 2nd leader B) Leader gives rank to another
  • Leaders can change factions flags (maybe also add a permission for changing flags) but only certain flags. We don't want infinite power.
Faction Access
  • Faction Access expanded so that if it is locked by a higher ranking officer, a lower ranking member cannot change access
  • Also, should be even if a faction removes host access, the leader should still be able to build
  • Faction Access should have permissions. For instance: I set it so members can only press buttons in an area.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Faction Access
  • Faction Access expanded so that if it is locked by a higher ranking officer, a lower ranking member cannot change access
Do you mean if, for example, if the leader sets access in a chunk they can lock it so officers cannot change access settings in that chunk?

I believe that is already there?
Also, bad idea to give perms to officers. There's a perm for disbanding faction
No, you can not disable officers giving land access. Also I meant per chunk, so they could have the ability to give access to one chunk, but not another.

Honestly this would be neat. But
  • It would take alot of time to code.
  • How do you plan to make a GUI for it? (now the chat is used for displaying)
  • What happened to trust?
  • Especially the GUI things could be hard. But maybe when the plugin API comes out there is an obvious way to do it.

I would love to see more faction perms as well, even if it was just one additional rank level. Also the ability to have two members as the faction owner would be nice too.

No, you can not disable officers giving land access. Also I meant per chunk, so they could have the ability to give access to one chunk, but not another.
It is already in the list.
Honestly this would be neat. But
  • It would take alot of time to code.
  • How do you plan to make a GUI for it? (now the chat is used for displaying)
  • What happened to trust?
  • Especially the GUI things could be hard. But maybe when the plugin API comes out there is an obvious way to do it.
Trust must be earned
You could have seperate chat msgs
For example:
I change an allied faction's perms, it shows only the allied faction's ranks and perms for those ranks
And for Multiple Ranks:
I change a faction's ranks to 100 (probably should have a limit) and then I change #50 rank to something
Chat only shows rank #50 and it's perms/2 ranks above and below it
No GUI required

I would love to see more faction perms as well, even if it was just one additional rank level. Also the ability to have two members as the faction owner would be nice too.
Good Idea. I should add this to the list!

It is already in the list.

Trust must be earned
You could have seperate chat msgs
For example:
I change an allied faction's perms, it shows only the allied faction's ranks and perms for those ranks
And for Multiple Ranks:
I change a faction's ranks to 100 (probably should have a limit) and then I change #50 rank to something
Chat only shows rank #50 and it's perms/2 ranks above and below it
No GUI required
I means for managing it. Now it shows, Leader, officer, member recruit, ally etc.
Should it also show all member and ally leaders? That would be impossible.

I means for managing it. Now it shows, Leader, officer, member recruit, ally etc.
Should it also show all member and ally leaders? That would be impossible.
What I meant is:
What you say a command like:
/f perm (faction name) (perm name) on
it shows faction ranks, and their perms
It does not show your faction's perms as well though
Thereby eliminating need for GUI

Well, you only officer people you/trust/, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Well, that rarely ever happens, usually there ends up being a toooooon of people that the leader just likes that end up being officer. Like my friend @Yolo_Orange, he is probably the worst officer ever but I still like him <3

I really like the 2 leaders thing since i co-run a faction with and I can't have officers have the same permissions as leader, incase something went wrong and an officer betrayed the faction, it would be much easier to have a co-leader 'rank' in the factions plug-in.

It would be so nice if you could set the option to allow mobs in your faction :/

What I meant is:
What you say a command like:
/f perm (faction name) (perm name) on
it shows faction ranks, and their perms
It does not show your faction's perms as well though
Thereby eliminating need for GUI
The text that comes is some kind of GUI os is graphical and the user interaxts with it But you want to have seperate perks for Each member and all and ally Leader. So the current thing won't work. How hard is that to understand.

It would be so nice if you could set the option to allow mobs in your faction :/
I shall add that to the list.
The text that comes is some kind of GUI os is graphical and the user interaxts with it But you want to have seperate perks for Each member and all and ally Leader. So the current thing won't work. How hard is that to understand.
What you were asking for is a new gui. Also, of course the current thing won't work.

So what does everyone think of this idea?

Is this good?

I like this idea, it is probably what a lot of ppl have been thinking about.

Going to be honest, I don't like this idea. Now before anyone disagrees, @Cayorion has already stated that the faction plugin was not made for political uses, but actually anti-griefing uses. Keep that in mind everyone. Anyways, let me explain some stuff.

/f access already covers this. This would also complicate the perms extensively.

This is seriously not needed. If we had this, we would have factions abusing this power out the ass.

This would cause so much trouble and more trouble means unhappy mods and admins. This is such a no.

A lower ranking member shouldn't even be changing your /f access at all. It should remain as it is; with leader and his trusty officers.

There is a reason why this is left with those with access to /f admin. Besides, there really isn't many flags that would require a change.

The factions plugin is fine as is, no need for change or anything for the matter.
1. This would be handy for making it so you don't have to do every single plot you go to.
2. Yes I see your point.
3. See your point again.
4. I mean if a leader locks it then officers can't unlock it. Even in-game you cannot know if someone is trustworthy.
5. Than give leaders access to changing those few flags.

1. It would be easier for many empires that have many factions or a faction with many sub-factions.
4. There is no definite way to be able to trust someone. Unless you can read minds.
5. Except mob spawning, so we can protect dark rooms. Really the only reason

1. It would over complicate faction perms. Its already complicated as is, we don't need to complicate it anymore.
2. That's good.
3. That's good too.
4. If you can't trust an officer, then they shouldn't be officer anyways.
5. There is no flags to change, like I said, there is no reason to change any flags at all.
1. It would be easier for many empires that have many factions or a faction with many sub-factions.
4. There is no definite way to be able to trust someone. Unless you can read minds.
5. Except mob spawning, so we can protect dark rooms. Really the only reason
To add on to both of your first points, it would only be complicated if you bothered to change Ally perms. If you feel it's complicated, you could just not screw with it.

Obviously you have trust issues, and this is more or less based on trust issues than anything else.
God, I am in a pvp faction and I have an alt in my main faction. It would be handy whenever my city is build that I don't have to switch factions and just can access my faction witouth hopping.

Obviously you have trust issues, and this is more or less based on trust issues than anything else.
Trust issues have nothing to do with it. There are plenty of people out there that want things like this to add anti-griefing purposes, which as you stated, is the purpose the plugin.

Wat about setting Allie enemy etc. certain perms individually by faction instead of by Allie enemy etc? @keylan118