Archived Facs, Really?

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Reaction score
Faction
(I forgot)
So what kind of just puts me in wonder is how you can possibly make this server a factions server, and a RP server. The facs aren't even lore compliant. I think its just putting like 3 worlds (Including kits) into some.... thing, a science experiment gone wrong. I don't mean to be a complete whiner but I think this server would be better off if we add RP to facs.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm so sorry I forgot I already posted a thread on this, So sorry for wasting your time.

So what kind of just puts me in wonder is how you can possibly make this server a factions server, and a RP server. The facs aren't even lore compliant. I think its just putting like 3 worlds (Including kits) into some.... thing, a science experiment gone wrong. I don't mean to be a complete whiner but I think this server would be better off if we add RP to facs.
so... Im gonna address this real quick. This is how I understand the system (and anybody PLEASE correct me if im wrong, i dont like being wrong if i can help it xD)

Okay so Regalia. Roleplay centered sure... BUT its also really strict. The thing is... RIGHT NOW its pretty simple to moderate the "lore compliancy" in that size of a space. But if you expand it to ALL the worlds??? Way too big. But more importantly... the worlds are WAY too big to actually find people roleplaying. In Regalia... i can walk down a street and see 20 different people roleplaying. Cant do that in... Teled Methen for example. Remember tho. This server is VERY heavy RP... BUT remember that the owner of our server and the techstaff are responsable for one of the most popular minecraft plugins out there... FACTIONS. So thats not going anywhere either.

I personally like how the worlds are related to the lore. It makes it so people can have their characters go places NOT REGALIA for real! not just talking about it in Localchat. The only real rule on the factions worlds are that "Must be Medieval" rule... but imo thats a really good rule and i dont think tacking any more on top of that is a good thing.

But more importantly... the worlds are WAY too big to actually find people roleplaying. In Regalia... i can walk down a street and see 20 different people roleplaying.

I'm wondering if that would really be true. The main problem is that there aren't as many players now as there once was, for various reasons. I remember when there used to be more than three hundred people on daily, there was more roleplaying in factions. There was even a rule specifically made for events held in faction worlds (the one where announcing such an event a few weeks ahead would protect it from being raided). It seems pretty useless now that there're little to no such events happening. I'm wondering if it's because factions became non-compliant and basically discounted from roleplay that that happened, which leads me to wonder if expanding roleplay beyond Regalia might actually generate more roleplaying overall.

24696595.jpg

I'm wondering if that would really be true. The main problem is that there aren't as many players now as there once was, for various reasons. I remember when there used to be more than three hundred people on daily, there was more roleplaying in factions. There was even a rule specifically made for events held in faction worlds (the one where announcing such an event a few weeks ahead would protect it from being raided). It seems pretty useless now that there're little to no such events happening. I'm wondering if it's because factions became non-compliant and basically discounted from roleplay that that happened, which leads me to wonder if expanding roleplay beyond Regalia might actually generate more roleplaying overall.
Factions have been non compliant for the entire time I have been on this server and the player count was well over 300 people for most of the Summer.

Anyway RP on this server doesn't need anymore help it already gets way too much attention compared to other aspects of the server.

I'm still waiting for all these big changes they keep promising for the PvP side yet months go by with not even as much as an update as to what exactly they plan to change. They hinted something would be done about vampirism as they themselves have said it's an outdated plugin but months later still nothing done about it. They hinted that wars and trophies might make a return but again weeks later and still no word on that. They hinted they were gonna tweak traits a bit and yet again I haven't really seen any changes to traits.

I'm still waiting for all these big changes they keep promising for the PvP side yet months go by with not even as much as an update as to what exactly they plan to change. They hinted something would be done about vampirism as they themselves have said it's an outdated plugin but months later still nothing done about it. They hinted that wars and trophies might make a return but again weeks later and still no word on that. They hinted they were gonna tweak traits a bit and yet again I haven't really seen any changes to traits.
Just a quick thing...
I believe Cayorion broke his hand couldn't code for a long stretch of time. And the staff have a lot to do, and somethings are harder to code than they look.
And I personally think all the worlds blend together quite nicely. They appeal to all sorts of players, and people who like more than one have one server to go to.

From my understanding, factions can be made lore compliant, you just have to talk to a lore staff about the process.

Cay focuses on plugins like crazy, and he's always working on them. There is a list of things to do regarding plugin tweaks and the like, which the Tech Crew are all on, but it is ever fluctuating. So the most I can really say or ask is that you be patient, changes are coming. u. u

To clarify, my point wasn't necessary about factions being non-compliant but that we even care about compliance at all (to put it in an extreme way). I remember before when things were less strict and factions like Avallone hosted various events and had more activity in the faction worlds. There was even gonna be a big elven-orc war planned but the leaders got busy with real life so that never materialized. No one really cared whether it was lore-compliant or not since lore wasn't as expansive so we were more free to do stuff. I feel like now, with the lore on history and states and such, things have become more restricted and anything not adhering to the lore gets discouraged, thus causing less activity overall. I suppose my main concern is the amount of activity.

I mention a lower playercount because I'm wondering if that's both causing the problem (not to say that it's the only cause) and a result of it. I don't mean just compared to summer but the years before. With school and stuff, it'd be expected for the player count to drop but even then it seemed like in previous years there were around 300 players on at a time during this time of the year and even during weekdays, whereas now there's barely 200. And the forums as well. I remember before during peak hours, activity was so high to the point that a status post wouldn't last more than an hour on the front page.

How long have you been on the server? Back before the major movement of roleplayers and improvement on the roleplay 'universe' I guess, factions, even those who pvped would always have a background story as to why they existed. It hurts to see factions these days identified as either rp or pvp factions, it hurts to see factions say "we roleplay, we are peaceful" and think they get a free ticket to survival in the survival worlds. Consider the times before the term 'lore compliant' was even a thing.