Archived /f Claim Darkroom

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.

GrunklePeter

That furry skinner guy
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Hello everyone. I had this idea while I was having a bath and thought this could be a nice addition.
Só, as you all know you havê to claim dakrooms now, so they dont auto regen and that sucks, because if you dont havê an alt faction like me you can't claim it without having mobs on all the faction. Especcially when underground. Só what I suggest is the /f claim darkroom command.
What would this do?
  • Firstly, this would be easy to code with a little work! You would do /f claim darkroom o or /f claim darkroom a After having all your darkroom dug up. And this would make a claimed área but registered as a darkroom, where mobs can spawn.
  • You wouldnt need to make /f flag set monsters yes/no to havê/ not havê mobs.
  • It would be more pratical then having monsters in your entre faction.
As you can see, this is a pretty simple idea :) I hope you like it

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
For once I actually personally like an idea! However..
  • Firstly, this would be easy to code with a little work! You would do /f claim darkroom o or /f claim darkroom a After having all your darkroom dug up. And this would make a claimed área but registered as a darkroom, where mobs can spawn.
While I don't code, I do know a fair bit about factions, and from what your saying, a chunk would be claimed by the host faction, but operate by chunk with separate flags, much like how /f access works. Such would require a fair bit of tweaking, since a faction flag covers the entirety of a faction.

An alternative to this would be to operate a darkroom much as you would a warzone, which would allow for a more structured and organized way to bring them about. You could apply for a permanent safe claim with monster spawning set to true. This would allow for a more regulated way to mob grind, protecting the server from nasty hacked client users by having a registered list of locations to watch for nastiness, making game staffs job easier.

• You wouldnt need to make /f flag set monsters yes/no to havê/ not havê mobs
I sort of already covered this, but a factions flag would be chunk based when pertaining to monster spawning. It would actually wind up being rather tedious to set all those chunks individually, though I do see the perks in not having monsters in your faction.

However many factions (including my own) have a simple solution to this very problem. Alt factions to claim your darkroom can and will make your life so much easier.

This still is, in my opinion a pretty nifty idea, and personally support it, given a few tweaks are made for fluidity!

Love the idea for this! While I was reading the post, I thought you would've went the similar Warzone route that @PariahFolk mentioned, but I like it either way. Hope that a feature such as this is added to the server in the near future :)

For once I actually personally like an idea! However..
While I don't code, I do know a fair bit about factions, and from what your saying, a chunk would be claimed by the host faction, but operate by chunk with separate flags, much like how /f access works. Such would require a fair bit of tweaking, since a faction flag covers the entirety of a faction.

An alternative to this would be to operate a darkroom much as you would a warzone, which would allow for a more structured and organized way to bring them about. You could apply for a permanent safe claim with monster spawning set to true. This would allow for a more regulated way to mob grind, protecting the server from nasty hacked client users by having a registered list of locations to watch for nastiness, making game staffs job easier.

I sort of already covered this, but a factions flag would be chunk based when pertaining to monster spawning. It would actually wind up being rather tedious to set all those chunks individually, though I do see the perks in not having monsters in your faction.

However many factions (including my own) have a simple solution to this very problem. Alt factions to claim your darkroom can and will make your life so much easier.

This still is, in my opinion a pretty nifty idea, and personally support it, given a few tweaks are made for fluidity!
Thanks Påriah! And when I meant that you wouldnt need to do /f flag for the while faction, I wanted to say that when you make /f claim darkroom, the chunk where you are standing would already have all the "flags" and "settings" needed. Nothing would be made manually.

I kind of enjoy the fact that not everyone can have a dark room now. Another source of trade, and encourages factions to work together. It can also act as a benefit of being part of a faction's "empire".

I kind of enjoy the fact that not everyone can have a dark room now. Another source of trade, and encourages factions to work together. It can also act as a benefit of being part of a faction's "empire".
Yes, but having one of your own is easier nad better. For example if your ally is offline and you dont havê perms to his home without asking, what would you do?

Thanks Påriah! And when I meant that you wouldnt need to do /f flag for the while faction, I wanted to say that when you make /f claim darkroom, the chunk where you are standing would already have all the "flags" and "settings" needed. Nothing would be made manually.
I see, however that would be something completely new and would be rather involved, but still great idea