Eydis Årud

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by JennaLikesCoffee, Dec 1, 2017.

1. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

[​IMG]

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

Theme I | Theme II | Theme III
    "Bara döda fiskar följer strömmen."
    (Only dead fish follow the stream).

Art can be found here.

◣━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◢
    [​IMG]

━━━━━━━━━ ▲━━━━━━━━━

[​IMG]

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

[​IMG]

Full Name: Eydis Signe Årud.
    Årud - Aarud.
    Pronunciation: IE-dis.
    Common Nicknames: Gingersnap, Red, Freckles, Fox.
    Race: Ailor.

Culture: Velheim.
    Main Ambition: To become a Captain of Commission in the Regalian Navy.

Religion: Oldt Fayth.

[​IMG]
    ━━━━━━━━━ ▲━━━━━━━━━

[​IMG]

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

[​IMG]

Proficiency Points

• +22 Proficiency points;
      • +13 Astronomy, (+10 from the School of Captaincy, +3 from proficiency points).
      • +13 Naval Command, (+10 from the School of Captaincy +3 from proficiency points).
      • +10 Skagger Axe, (+10 from Velheim proficiency points).
      • +6 Anglian Longbow, (+6 from proficiency points).
    Culture Points
    • +22 Culture points;
      • +22 Ship Sailing, (+10 from the School of Captaincy, +12 from culture points).
      • +10 Poetry, (+10 from culture points).
    Languages
    • Tunge, (10/10).
    • Skodje, (10/10).
    • Common, (10/10).
    [​IMG]
    ━━━━━━━━━ ▲━━━━━━━━━

[​IMG]

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

[​IMG]
    Eye Colour: Steele blue.
    Hair Colour: Cinnamon red.
    Hair Style: Wavy hair with choppy layers that fall just under her collarbone, oftentimes kept in an updo.

Skin Colour: Ivory.
    Clothing: Traditional Northern garments | Privateer ensembles.
    Height: 5’9.
    Body Build: Toned.
    Weapon of Choice: Anglian Longbow.

• Young Eydis has relatively deep-set eyes, thin lips, a snub nose, an average looking forehead, and somewhat high set ears. Normally the young Velheimer carries a rather neutral looking expression, though she never really brings herself to smile. Much like her grandmother on her mother's side, Eydis' ivory coloured skin is decorated and coated with a numerous amount of prominent and notable freckles, making her rather hard to miss.
    • Few may come to see Eydis' lower back tattoo that the young woman acquired when she first learned of astronomy. The tattoo itself resembles a sort of outline and mapping of her favourite celestial body, Gladrin.
    • The Velheimer always seems to be wearing and showcasing her silver septum piercing, having gotten it during one of her more rebellious teenager stages. When it comes to the young woman's overall fashion, she almost always wears familiar traditional Northern garments, though ever since travelling at sea, Eydis has adopted a new style of fashion, a privateer based one. Nowadays, she switches off between these two styles.
    [​IMG]
    ━━━━━━━━━ ▲━━━━━━━━━

[​IMG]

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

[​IMG]
    To others, Eydis is often perceived as someone who is rather confident, oftentimes sarcastic, strong-willed, and self-assured, seeming to take after her mother and father. To strangers, Eydis can tend to come off as a tad opinionated and conceited, though she doesn’t always know it. Others may come to hear rather ignorant and crude things about the young Årud, though anything of the sort that is being said, most likely comes from those who have not gained her trust and respect or those that don't personally know the young woman. First impressions go a long way, and unfortunately, they're not always in Eydis' favour.

Beneath Eydis’ ivory coloured skin, lies a childlike, though a sophisticated young woman, who is overall, just doing her best to make a positive and meaningful difference in the world. This young Årud, is seemingly doubtful and afraid, that she’ll live a meaningless life, not making the smallest of impacts. Despite all of this, Eydis is incredibly confident in her current astronomy studies; she is passionate when it comes to the subject, always seeming to be astonishingly focused. The young woman is also plausibly confident in regards to her combat training and mentoring in archery, though even though she is exceptionally skilled in the combat form, it is not considered to be her passion.

When in the presence of her family, her relatively small family, Eydis seems to be at her best. The young woman feels instantly relaxed when among her fellow kin, not feeling the need to put on a show. When in the presence of her close friends, the Årud acts and presents herself rather similarly, though she may not be as trusting. Trust doesn't come easy to the young woman, so those that have come to earn it, are treated with far more respect and kindness than any stranger or acquaintance would be. All the same, if said inhabitants betray her trust and take it for granted, Eydis will never let them forget it.

Eydis’ morality genuinely lies in the good, though some may not tend to agree. The young woman will oftentimes speak out of context or place, and because of this, some may tend to be rubbed the wrong way, linking to what was said above. On the grounds that an erroneous person would take offence to her brutish and slanderous nature, Eydis would be expectantly be put in a very bad place. When the young Årud finds herself in this place, her moral compass may be brutally tested.
    [​IMG]
    ━━━━━━━━━ ▲━━━━━━━━━

[​IMG]

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

[​IMG]

Youth | 284 AC - 296 AC
    • In 284 AC, Eydis Signe Årud was born a bastard to a Velheimer couple: Inkeri Bodil Årud, and Eske Ulfmaerr, who soon split, leaving the newly born with her mother, who currently lived in Drixagh, attending the School of Skagger. Her mother never telling her daughter of her father and his whereabouts.
    • At the age of ten, the young Årud’s mother hired a private tutor to teach and mentor her in her current passion: astronomy.
    • During her youth, Eydis began learning the fine art of archery. The young woman was instructed and taught by fellow Velheimer's that specialized in the sport.
    • When Eydis turned twelve, her mother finished her training as a Champion Skagger and decided to move her and her daughter to the City of Regalia for a fresh start.
    Teen Years | 297 AC - 303 AC
    • In 302 AC, Eydis being eighteen years old, took it upon herself to find work within the Regalian Navy. The woman began to serve as a Sailor and First Shipper, gaining knowledge in Astronomy, Naval Command, and Ship Sailing.
    Adulthood (Present) | 304 - 306 AC
    • The young woman now being twenty, still continuing her studies and always making time to refine her skillset in archery, really spends more time out on the water than she does on land. When she does find herself walking alongside the streets of Regalia, she tends to go out of her way to make her presence known.

• Winner Winner x 8
    #1 JennaLikesCoffee, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  2. ScaledSupremacy

ScaledSupremacy No, no, I'm just a... reverse blood donor.

I just thought I would note that neither of her parents have red hair, and so she wouldn't be likely to have it.
    Unless Inkeri or Eske's grandparents had red hair so the gene maybe skipped a generation or two. Idk, just thought I'd mention it.

3. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

Inkeri's mother had red hair, so it would have skipped a generation if I'm correct. Either way, it is possible for two blonde parents to have a red headed child, so long as one of them carries the gene.

4. LekkuLord

LekkuLord SupremeCripple Staff Member Lore2

Hello, I'll be claiming this application for Lore Staff review! @JennaLikesCoffee

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Generous Generous x 1
  5. LekkuLord

Alright. Let's review! @JennaLikesCoffee

• I'd like you to spoiler Skill Information as you're not registering for a special permission and School of Astronomy is not a military school.
    • For personality and abilities, I want you to add two sentences to the first, third and fourth paragraph in order to expand upon the characters personality and to make them true paragraphs.
    • For talents, I'd like you to choose between war-axes or archery instead of the character being good at both without her attending a school.
    Please make the edits in another color and tag me when finished.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  6. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

7. LekkuLord

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  8. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

@SupremeCripple

Requesting a re-review. I've made edits here and there in red.

9. LekkuLord

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  10. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

@SupremeCripple

Requesting a re-review. A few edits have been made here and there, more or less focusing on the new proficiency update. Changes have been made in green! A further update will be done in the future.

#10 JennaLikesCoffee, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  11. GenericNerd

GenericNerd Regalian Pioneer

If you don't mind I would like to throw in a couple points. Not a full on review as this was a previously approved character.
    Schools cost 10 proficiency points to attend. That being said due to her attending the School of Captaincy she would only have 12 points to disperse. Not all 22.

The general rule of thumb now I believe is 1 language every 10 years. Unless this changed, knowing four languages is quite a lot for someone so young.

Simple things that can be easily fixed. I love your apps they're so pretty.

12. LekkuLord