Eyanaeil Faenin

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by Timisc, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    “Hunted or hunter? Which are you?”
    [​IMG]

Basic Information.png
    • Full Name: Eyanaeil Faenin
      • Nicknames: Eyan
    • Race: Kathar - Shenath
      • Clan of Kayth
    • Sexuality: Heterosexual
    Basic Information (Expansion)
    • Eyanaeil’s position in Regalia is unstable at best being a mercenary with his own agenda. He has had all sorts of jobs ranging from picking up bounties to owning taverns to even ranking high within the Regalian Guard. The reason he keeps coming back is unknown to anyone though it could be he simply finds the chaos the city has to offer amusing. His living position also remains spotty as sometimes he rents housing and other times he merely hops from inn to inn.

• Eyan’s upbringing was rough, but not severe by any means. He was raised within the Dread Empire with 3 other siblings, two brothers, and a sister. He was forced to fight at first but quickly grew to enjoy combat and even lusting for it. He has entirely fallen out of contact with his family and expects the majority of them to be dead, unsure if he should ever travel back to Daen to seek them out and likely never will.

• The Elf returned to the city several months back seeking to mend old relations only to find he was not the only one who had fled the City after the Lo occupation. Seeing as the majority of his ‘friends’ had vanished and having made nice with the ones that still remained, he simply seeks to gain further wealth for himself and perhaps find further connections in this chaotic city.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Skill Information.png
    • Points - 56 (60 - 4 from magician spells)
      • +25 Fast Blades (+10 from Racial Boost)
      • +15 Unarmed Combat
      • +10 Magical Knowledge (+10 from Racial Boost)
        • Afflicthism Info
        • Demonology Info
      • +16 Rogue Training
      • +10 Athletic Training
    • Body
      • Physical Stat
        • 15 fast blades + 15 unarmed x 2 + 10 athletics x 2 = 65
      • Body Build
        • Ripped
      • Body Fat
        • Extreme Low Fat
    • Languages
      • Daendroquin - Adopted mother tongue
      • Common - Learned in early life
    • Magician Spells
      • Element Branding Spell
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Visual Information.png
    • Eye Color: Deep blue
    • Hair Color: White
    • Hair Style: Long, often tied in a ponytail.
    • Skin Color: Lighter-gray
    • Clothing: Tactical outfits, often with light armor and usually ranging from browns to reds with blues.
    • Height: 6’5”
    Visual Information (Expansion)
    • Eyanaeil’s face is toned with semi-pronounced features such as his jawline and cheekbones. His sharp eyes and semi-pointed eyebrows cause for an often devious expression to linger on him, though most would find a cold look to him after despite the fact. His ears are sharply pointed and various earrings adorn them. Many scars cover his face and neck with the most notable ones being a large gash on the right side of his face with various light burns scattered around said scar. Lastly, his hair is roughly passed his shoulders and nearly always tied in a ponytail, rarely braided.

• Eyanaeil’s body is well-defined and muscle is always visible with his ripped build, coming off as bulkier than he actually is due to the natural wide shoulders of Kathar. His muscle greatly overpowers the amount of fat he has on his body. His light-gray skin is covered with a multitude of both small and large scars he acquired over the years from his training and other less fortunate adventures. He also is fairly covered in deep red tattoos, curling around his body and down his arms in a mix of Daen and Kaitis style with a more distinct wolf skull with horns on the back of his neck and the mark of the prideling imprinted around his neck as well. A closer look might reveal that the heavier tattooing covers void script. Finally, sporting light body hair, it is almost unnoticeable due to color and how thin it is.

• Eyanaeil’s clothing choice is always tactical, consisting of leather/chain armor and having many pockets and compartments along with belts and straps. Colors usually range in the darker spectrum, but vary as he is not extremely picky about what keeps him warm and safe. He always carries two daggers with him, and when permitted to a shortsword. Aside from little money and lockpicks, he travels light.

• Eyanaeil has grown to have nearly no accent and speak perfect Common. His voice is a medium tone, not too deep, but can become so if angered or as an intimidation tactic. Aside from Common, Eyan also knows Daendroquin which he adopted after leaving behind his Dread life.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Personality and Abilities.png

“Why should I care what you think exactly?”
    At first glance, this specific Kathar is unlike the other Void lovers. While he still holds a natural sense of deception to him he is far more civil than any typical Shenath within Regalia and holds a vast amount of confidence. He is outwardly a sellsword and seasoned warrior easily told by the scars present on his face and his tactical attire and even has decent guard-like etiquette when needed. Speaking with one such individual reveals a closed-off yet good-humored Elf and one capable of holding a conversation, however, likely to upset at least one patron with his utterly blunt attitude. This man has seen it all and certainly has a story to tell, perhaps even offering some form of twisted wisdom.​

“My demons are well-sealed, I promise ya that.”
    Internally, one would find a far more complicated individual with a clouded mind. Eyan has what most would describe as a twisted thought process but really works in tandem with his personal experiences. He has his own vices to deal with just like anyone, mostly with maintaining close relations with people. Despite the aforementioned, Eyan remains calculated in what he does and what he wants, often steps ahead of any adversaries. It is true greed can take hold of him, however, the years have allowed him to control such.​

“Love will get ya killed, never get too close.”
    Throughout Eyanaeil’s life, he has dealt with the constant loss of family and friends time and time again which eventually forced him into a lone wolf position in life. He still tends to keep friends around, even considers his merc band a distant family, but consistently keeps them at arm’s length, never allowing one too close in fear of that loss again. He actively avoids loving relationships and will go as far as to vanish for months at a time to kill any flames that may have sparked up. The man remains jovial around his friends but is always on edge, ready for tragedy to strike again. Overall he remains loyal to himself, however, will come off as caring merely to gain the trust of others for his benefit.​

“Me, myself, and I. Maybe a lady or two.”
    Eyan, much like most mercenaries, is entirely chaotic neutral. This particular Elf does what benefits him most in every situation whether it be aiding someone on the street or mugging them in a back alley. Each move he makes is calculated, although, he can tend to come off as chaotic in certain situations as he often seeks out opportunities able to grant him a thrill. His views of the law may reveal him as lawless, however, he merely believes if the job gets done without fail then why bother with following such restrictions in the first place. He makes his way through life taking what he wants and bettering his life with each move.​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Life Story.png
    Birth
    • Eyanaeil Faenin was born in Daen within the Dread Empire on the 7th of June 245.
    • He had three other siblings, two brothers, and a sister.
    Childhood
    • With his younger brother, he was trained to use daggers and to fight unarmed from an early age.
    • His life had moderate Void influence and thus he learned about many of the magical attributes the world had to offer, namely about possession and other magical afflictions.
    • Approaching his late teens, he prepared to set off from the Empire to infiltrate other societies.
    Early Life
    • At about eighteen he set out with his two brothers to begin their mission.
    • As a wandering trio now, the three continued their training while entering societies around Daen, namely Ailor and mixed ones.
    • However, once the Kathar saw what the world had to offer outside of their dark empire, the two youngest brothers, one being Eyanaeil, lost sight of their mission and sought to blend and enjoy the otherworldly pleasures.
    • Eyan’s eldest brother, after many attempts to correct his siblings’ path in life, lost faith in them and returned home to the Dread, leaving the brothers on their own for the first time.
    The Harsh World
    • The pair now on their own found it difficult to survive and blend, so naturally, they took to the underworld.
    • They began to train in roguish dealings as well as furthering their combat prowess in underground pit fighting.
    • During such a time they performed all sorts of jobs ranging from bounty hunting to heisting to assassinations.
    • Not long after the two brothers joined a mercenary band, primarily made up of Darkmarks, and the duo further trained to become mercenary rogue types.
    • However, the harsh world answered back by taking Eyanaeil’s brother from him during a mission. This left him empty and alone, broken for a long while and debatably so to this day.
    • He stuck around the band for a while longer before venturing off to begin building his own web of connections and allies and expanding his travels to more parts of the realm.
    Arrival to Regalia
    • Shortly after reaching Regalia, Eyan joined the Violet Order and quickly rose to be a captain of the Hammer Chapter, and later assisting in the demise of the “corrupt” division.
    • Eyan then went on to aid during the Lo occupation, working with a group out of the Park. The group assisted and greatly helped in the removal of the dead queen and keeping citizens safe.
    • After which, Eyan was left with many targets on his back and in response, he fled the city, returning to his roguish merc ways for the time being.
    • He returned nearly two years later to finally deal with the trouble that plagued him, tying off loose ends and mending certain relations.
    Present
    • Now Eyan comes and goes as he pleases, often in an out of the Regalian Guard, struggling with being tied down in one place and still holding his lust for trouble.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 Timisc, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  2. LumosJared

LumosJared Around

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheBioverse

TheBioverse ❖ Prince of Thieves ❖

Review!

First and foremost, personality traits. Though they clearly state just why Eyan is how he is and goes into detail on just how the trait affects himself, I'd like you to add a little more detail regarding how the traots affect those close to him. Does Ava dislike his greedy streak? Do others find his self-loathing obnoxious? And so on. Keep in mind that a character's personality affects those around them as much as themselves.

Moving onto Eyan's weaknesses, I'd like you to remove the weakness that states he can't use heavier weapons. Instead, I'd like you to add a weakness that would instead hinder his combat ability. Reading through the application, I can see that he's suffered great lengths of torture and even a harsh stab to the chest. Perhaps a weakness of his could be certain wounds that didn't heel properly, leaving stings of sharp pain as pressure of any kind is applied onto them. Something along those lines.

As Eyan is a combat character for the most part, I'd like you to go into detail regarding his training within the Assassin's Guild, displaying just what his fighting style is like as an example. This is especially helpful if you intend to do player quests later on.

Tag me once the necessary edits have been made in a different colour, and feel free to ask me any questions pertaining to the review here, @Timisc !~

4. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

Alrighty, I will get on those changes soon. I really like that weakness suggestion and I can't wait to see how that plays out IC. And should I just add the training expansion into a spoiler or add it just anywhere? @TheBioverse

5. TheBioverse

Add it to the lifestory @Timisc

6. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

I have made the changes, let me know if I should add onto anymore of the traits and the training. @TheBioverse

7. TheBioverse

Accepted!~

• Like Like x 1
  8. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

9. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

Rewrote the character almost entirely, gonna need a full review.

10. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

There's a lack of giFS

jk it's a nice app ur a loser tho

11. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

Bumping this as it has fallen back several pages. This will need a new reviewer and needs a full review as the character was updated/rewritten to fit the new formats and lore in general.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  12. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Claimed for ReReview. Expect a Review within the coming days @Timisc

13. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Review
    • For your life story I want to see some mention of previous combat intelligence otherwise a stealthmark group would not act as a tutor for Eyaneil. Any level of combat awareness, just something that shows that stealthmark isn't the first time Eyanneil touched a sword.
    Make that singular edit and tag myself once completed @Timisc

14. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

Made the edit under Early Life, if that will do. @Wumpatron

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  15. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

It is, well done.

Approved

16. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  17. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

18. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

@Wumpatron Updated to fit the new system.
    • Adjusted main ambition
    • Added skill section
    • Touched up his personality
    • Updated backstory to fit the new skill section

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  19. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Looks good, approved

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  20. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

@Wumpatron Okay, one more edit, and hopefully the last.
    • Swapped out ship sailing for smithing (also lowered cooking).
    • Made mention of it in his backstory.
    Also wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on the number of combat styles he knows. While most if not all of them are dexterity based, it may be pushing the limit, though the idea was a versatile character as opposed to a champion/expert.

#20 Timisc, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  21. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

You're approved

As for the combat, understand what dividing all of your points across a jack of all trades means. Considering most opt for 20 in a combat skill, etc. They are likely going to be better equipped to combat you. That isn't to say you won't find enjoyment in having a lot of skills, arguably it makes for a strong narrative of a multifaceted character. But just know the downside of knowing so many combat styles.

22. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

Ye, I figured that would be the case. I'm going to try it out, see how things go. Worst case he needs a buff and I just shift some things around. Thanks, bud.

23. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

• Removed mention of Dread Fist Void worship as it was removed from lore
    • Adjusted skill points to correspond with the changes from today
    @Wumpatron

#23 Timisc, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  24. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

@Wumpatron Updated to new Kathar lore
    • Changed race
    • Changed eyes
    • Changed body build

25. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

26. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

27. Vegemiite

Vegemiite monty appreciator Supremium

Claimed for aspirant review.

28. Vegemiite

Visual Information:
    The Kayth clan have exclusively blue eyes. Adjust this.​
    Personality Information:
    Add one more sentence to the first paragraph.
    Add one more sentence to the second paragraph.
    Add one more sentence to the third paragraph.​
    Weaknesses:
    Add these into a spoiler.​

Make the above edits in a different colour and tag me once done!
    @Timisc

29. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

30. Vegemiite

Approved.

31. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

@Vegemiite Update
    • Aesthetics
    • Added She'llaq to languages
    • Adjusted smithing to +30 and cooking to +5

32. Vegemiite

33. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

Updated proficiencies and backstory @Vegemiite

34. Vegemiite

Claimed for re-review.

35. Vegemiite

Kathar gain a +10 to Magical Knowledge, please add such.
    Also show the calculation for the physical stat. A reminder that racial bonus does not get added.

Do these edits and tag me once done!
    @Timisc

36. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

37. Vegemiite

38. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

@Vegemiite
    • Removed Metallurgy due to lack of use
    • Split those points into Fast Blades, Unarmed Combat, and Athletic Training
    • Recalculated his physical stat to accommodate

39. Vegemiite

Approved.

40. Timisc

Timisc The Worst

General overhaul of the app.
    • Updated points, added a magician spell
    • Updated personality
    • Updated life story